Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 97

utri007, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Amiga Revival Fair 2009 - Final Announcement
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Coder

Maybe this fool has had enough? :)

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mikey_C

Bah,i don't believe you.

But if it was 70 people attending you should be proud. Think thats a good number of people.

Maybe i should check the calendar,maybe i can take a trip next year.

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mikey_C

Quote:
Maybe this fool has had enough? :)

If even I can't stay away I am afraid there is no hope for you.

Coder

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mikey_C

How is this place located in england? Far away from airports,etc? How hard is it go get there if one comes from the mainland og europe?

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@All

MIkeyC and the ANT guys, many thanks for a great show!

I think Mikey is being a bit harsh, as I counted about 50 people in the hall, with others drifting in throughout.
Perhaps he wasn't counting the regulars?

It was great to meet all of you, and your hospitality was superb!

The gaming competition was good fun, even though Dan cheated me at Stunt Car Racer by making me use the Quickshot JELLY joystick whilst he got the precision pad!

The after show drinks and food were very welcome.

After the Pub, Me, Rigo, wepl, nujack, Dan and his mate carried on drinking in the Hotel Bar. It wasnt long before we decided that "Bier und Amiga Spielen" was called for. The Amiga in a suitcase got setup and the games began. (wepl is crap at lotus II )

I took some "wobbly" video clips. I will post them somewhere soon.

Thanks again to ANT!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ddni

Hey ddni, you were unlucky in the final Stunt Car showdown - next time I'll make sure the control mechanisms are matched!

Thanks for showing your A1200 - I was suitably impressed with the HAM video program, and the WHDLoad Launcher you had running - much better than navigating through a tonne of drawers to find the file that you want.

And to all the others who attended, thanks - it was a good laugh and great to put some names to faces and have a chat - there's a lot to be said for the Amiga-esque spirit that we all seem to possess and for those that travelled down, and particularly those that travelled as far as the likes of Finland and Northern Ireland (to name but a few), that level of dedication is commendable.

All the best,
Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
The fair was excellent!

Considering the time of year and the non central location (in the UK) I thought the turn out was pretty decent.

Special thanks to Mikey for lending me his Amiga to demo TuneNet on (my one died last week).

...and special thanks to AmigaKit for having new Flex systems ready for me to purchase on the day (hooray!).

..and hello to all the people I chatted with on the day.

Cheers,
Bean.

OS4.1 + an A1XE with an appetite for batteries!
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Thread
This is a special moment in Amiga history, the end of a cycle (with very little to show) and the beginning of new one with hyperion finally in control.
Maybe some people procrastinated until better times (when new Hyperion and parteners stuff, will be on the show) other may have visited Amiwest and didn't feel like coming to see things they had already seen.

In the future with more things to show and (a small suggestion) a single big event (merge with Amiwest so that the audience will not be diluted) and you will see the crowds once again!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@all

Thank you everyone involved, we had a great time at the show

@ddni

You took the joystick and left the pad for me
And dont forget that i did beat you twice in that game

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mikey_C Quote:
You sure? It didn't feel that crowded in there, but okay, if you say so.

I tend to underestimate how many people are in a crowd, and I suspect the same goes for other people too.... Which is why I prefer to believe someone (*) who actually counted how many there were. Plus it did (understandably) tail off after a hour or two.

I agree it sounds a lot, however from the poll we were expecting 27 to 40 people, and of course not everyone is registered on AW.net (and so cannot answer the poll), and some might not bother to answer the poll. If you take the pessemistic assumption that 10 in the crowd were from ANT + dealers, that still means we had at least 60 at the show, and that is at only 50% to 100% more than in the polls, which doesn't seem too implausible...

(* = your other half, sorry I'm terrible with names, who was in the kitchen at the time!)

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Andeda

LOL yes ande you are correct, but that is a minor detail....

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)