Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmigaInput OS4.1 (sorta SOLVED)
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Yesterday I bought a very cheap joypad hoping to use with E-UAE and other games.

But things haven't been going according to plan.

When I plug it in the micro it is instantly recognized as a joypad. If I start a E-UAE game it also says "USB joystick found 2axis 12 buttons etc."

But the joystick can't be used...

In AmigaInput the joystick is listed under USB, but I can't calibrate it...

However, I have twice been able to calibrate the joystick in Input, save the settings and use it in UAE.

But after reboot - it doesn't work again.

So, I know that the cheap joypad can work - I just don't know how I get it to do so!

Status: It has worked three times now... Out of 25 or so...

Please advice

Edited by Skov on 2008/9/30 8:24:41
MicroA1 - 800Mhz G3, 512MB
A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Re: AmigaInput OS4.1
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Skov

I'll just bump this once...

A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Skov

Hi Skov.

I too have recently bought a couple of joypads to try and add AmigaInput support to my program, but alas I couldn't get either of them to work. They don't work in my program and the AmigaInput prefs don't work with them either. Unfortunately AmigaInput really needs a rewrite to work reliably with all joysticks/joypads.

It seems to work for some people - just not us.

Go to top
Re: AmigaInput OS4.1 (sorta SOLVED)
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hitman

Latest news! I have my joystick working now... at least it seems so!

The solution is weird and I hope that some of you can be able to explain it.

I just bought a kvm switch so the Amiga and the Mac can share the same keyboard and mouse. This is usb-connected.

Previously I used a ps2-keyboard and mouse on the Amiga.

Now if I boot with the USB-keyboard attached (directly or through the switch) I first get the usual uboot message about missing keyboard.

But when in workbench. I can simply plug in the joystick - and it works!!! Every time.

So - at least on the micro - boot with usb keyboard - insert joystick after boot - and play...

But why?

A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I have a joypad Logitech WingMan RumblePad and it is recognized in the prefs but I don't know how I can use it. Another one has this joypad and can't get it working too.

Any advices ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@corto

Well, you could test my theory!

Do you have a usb keyboard and mouse? If so - boot with those two connected - when booted - plug in your usb gamepad - it should work now...

It does here...

A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Another interesting thing about AmigaInput.

I bought two identical cheap USB joypads to use for multiplayer games.
It looks like AI handle devices by the name of the device.
The AI prefs correctly lists two joypads with the same name and only that one works which is connected first.

I am very disappointed in that. This component was one of the much needed improvement of the 4.1 for me.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@lazi

A new version of Amiga Input at the horizon ??

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@lazi

I rolled back to the AmigaInput from AmigaOS 4.0 on AmigaOS 4.1 just to be able to use joysticks, but now my system gets unstable when opening the Input prefs when wanting to change the keymap to cyrillic :( May be because of the old version of AmigaInput.library is not compatible with the newers AmigaOS 4.1 components.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Here is a Logitech Dual Action - like a USB PS2 - joypad which did not work under 4.0.
This time on OS4.1 it is working. This is the good news.
The bad one is that two joypads don't work simultaneously even if two different types are used.
I have tested VICE 1.22 and FPSE and neither of them works with two configured joypads.

Is the AmigaInput API changed since that programs compiled or it is just an AI bug?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hitman

Quote:

Hitman wrote:
@Skov

Hi Skov.

I too have recently bought a couple of joypads to try and add AmigaInput support to my program, but alas I couldn't get either of them to work. They don't work in my program and the AmigaInput prefs don't work with them either. Unfortunately AmigaInput really needs a rewrite to work reliably with all joysticks/joypads.

It seems to work for some people - just not us.

I've got a similar problem. Mine's a USB joystick made by Welcom. It looks just like a Playstation2 joystick.

AmigaInput sees it when connected but it doesn't do anything under Test/Calibrate. Even the buttons don't do anything.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I connected a Fanatec CSR wheel, in .hid mode, to see whether it partially works. It's listed in USB Inspector as an unknown device: product id 0x0011, mfg id 0x0eb7. But more importantly, AmigaInput prefs crashes on launch.

Go to top

Register To Post