Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 89

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: OWB 2.11 !!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@sofistisoftware

Quote:
p.s.: when new version of DVPlayer ??

Not for a while, I'm working on another project currently.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@COBRA

But new version it's done DvPlayer SE 0.67 (03.08.2008). Only problem make and send full versions for registred users.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Some really nice features for OWB (in a much later version ?) could be Add-Ons like:
-- FlagFox
-- Firebug
-- FoxClocks
-- YSlow

// See Firefox add-ons.

Jerry

Defender of my A1XE-G4 / AOS4 Final Update !
Looking for a new toy ? Then try a GP2X...
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@mufa

No, there's only a 0.67 of DvPlayer SE version, and it does not contain anything new compared to the latest registered version v0.65.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@COBRA

Just a curiosity, what's new in 0.67 ?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@samo79

Quote:

samo79 wrote:
@COBRA

Just a curiosity, what's new in 0.67 ?

A couple of minor fixes IIRC, I don't have the HOC here at work to check now. Right now I'm very busy with WarpView 1.0 which I hope to finish some time in November, after that I can start to look at DvPlayer again.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@COBRA

Quote:
But OWB already has multiple windows :) Not tabs unfortunately, which makes it much easier to switch between different webpages, compared to when you have 4-5 windows open on a screen on top of each other...

Yes I know OWB already has multiple windows, my comment was toward Crumb's comment that he does not need multiple windows in OWB.
Then about tabs I guess this is some matter of taste I suppose because having 4-5 windows on top of each other and 4-5 tabs on top of each other I don't see the difference... Except that with windows I can put them side by side if I want to compare something...

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@COBRA

Quote:
A couple of minor fixes IIRC, I don't have the HOC here at work to check now. Right now I'm very busy with WarpView 1.0 which I hope to finish some time in November, after that I can start to look at DvPlayer again.

So why not released yet on AmigaOS 4.0 ?

Quote:
Right now I'm very busy with WarpView 1.0 which I hope to finish some time in November, after that I can start to look at DvPlayer again.

Great, I translate 0.9 it in italian, tell me before release 1.0, I will doing an update

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@abalaban

The most important difference is that when you have 4-5 windows stacked on top of each other with a different webpage in each one, it's really difficult to toggle between the different pages, e.g. you'd have to cycle through all of them by pressing the window depth button many times, to finally find the one you're after. While with Tabs, all webpages are just a single click away, and you can instaltly see which pages you have open at the same time. If you want to have two webpages visible at the same time on your screen side by side, you can still open a new window, and drag across a tab from the other window, to make the same webpage shown in the new window (this is with FireFox at least). So yes, tabs are important.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@abalaban

Quote:

Then about tabs I guess this is some matter of taste I suppose

Indeed. Not that it's an either this or that thing though. For me tabs are useful to group pages together in one browser window. For example I have all Amiga pages that I visit in one browser window as tabs. I even have an icon that opens up all of them in a browser window with a single click. And in another window I browse news sites. In another I have all pages needed for developing my php web sites. This is of course not constant over time, it changes and mixes. Sometimes I might want to open up an extra window to compare something as you say, and when done I just close the extra window. But overall it shows that both tabs and separate windows does have its uses. Both individually and together.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@samo79

Quote:
So why not released yet on AmigaOS 4.0 ?

There weren't any significant changes that would make it worth the hassle of doing another release right now.

Quote:
Great, I translate 0.9 it in italian, tell me before release 1.0, I will doing an update

Well, WarpView is not localised yet, I guess I should add locale support to it and DvPlayer at some point, so that it can be translated to different languages. But first I want to make sure that every important functionality I planned for it is in there.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@COBRA

Yes off course, sorry i meant WarpView GUI

http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... iewer/warpviewgui_ita.rar

Aniway, but would be good to share some fixes also to the AmigaOS 4.0 DvPlayer's users

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@samo79

As I said, nothing changed in DvPlayer that would make it worthy for a new version to be released, and right now I'm very busy with WarpView, and I can't get distracted with other things, I have _very_ limited spare time...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@orgin

I wasn't discussing tabs interest : every current browser should have this if he want to be taken seriously nowadays. However what I was saying is that tabs are not a functionnal features, it might miss sure, but it does not prevent the program to do what it's for : browsing and using websites.
That's a completely different matter when speaking about the file requester : some sites would not be useable. I was only telling that I would prefer to *first* focus on enabling features rather than on cosmetic/comfort features *but* that does not mean that those latter should not be implemented... in a second time.

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@COBRA
Quote:
Right now I'm very busy with WarpView 1.0

I hope you'll resolve displaying big images

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nbache

Quote:

nbache wrote:
- A requester asking me if I really want to quit.

Please not. (We really need a new Style Guide.)
Amiga windows close always immediately when you click on the close gadget. Requesters asking if you want to quit are appropriate when a program still has not yet saved documents open. From there some programmers seem to have the idea to ask always in return of the close gadget.
I find this behaviour annoying. (And, because you will be used to click on yes without much thinking, it will devalue the requester where is really danger of data loss.)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@pvanni

Quote:

pvanni wrote:
@COBRA
Quote:
Right now I'm very busy with WarpView 1.0

I hope you'll resolve displaying big images

Already have.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Flinx

Doesn't mean that it can't be optional like in Ibrowse.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Flinx
Quote:
Flinx wrote:
@nbache
Quote:
nbache wrote:
- A requester asking me if I really want to quit.

Please not. (We really need a new Style Guide.)
Amiga windows close always immediately when you click on the close gadget. Requesters asking if you want to quit are appropriate when a program still has not yet saved documents open. From there some programmers seem to have the idea to ask always in return of the close gadget.
I find this behaviour annoying. (And, because you will be used to click on yes without much thinking, it will devalue the requester where is really danger of data loss.)

You find it annnoying. I, as explained earlier, find it indispensable. And of course it should be user selectable whether it should be shown or not, just like in IBrowse (so much for your "always" above).

I agree with you that e.g. text editors should base the decision to show a confirmation requester on whether anything may be lost (even this is often a user-settable option). A browser is a different beast; when you browse, you usually don't create a document or other work which needs to be saved. What you do create, though, is your history of visited pages, to which you can return via the back button (in the current OWB even exclusively via the back button, as there is no history or saved auto-completion buffer or anything). And this is sometimes just as irritating to lose when you accidentally quit prematurely as a document in a text editor.

So to conclude, I still say an optional quit confirmation requester is sorely missed.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@HammerD (and Joerg):

I would *REALLY* like to be able to log into my Linksys router. I get "401 Unauthorized" instead of a login request window.

Regards,
JCC

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »