Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 139

sailor, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: UK Amiga gathering??

See User information
I am excited.... lets do it x

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

hi Chris,
thats a good point actually. I am going to do some investigating and see if I can't sort something out. Fingers crossed.

Luke

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Thread

I am with Mikey_C on this one: I am not prepared to travel miles just to end up in a big pub do. Each time i go to an amiga event i get dissapointed and depressed everytime just to see how small the amiga commuinty has got it is majorly depressing! And to add insult to enjury the last event at big bash 4 my computer got beer spelt all over it so the answer is no.

And yes I am still very bitter over that! I know who did it too!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@magic

It wasn't me was it ?

Apologies if it was...

Do you want my A1 in compo ?

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Outcast

Yes, lol but I dont have ?700 to throw around chap:( And no its was not you;)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@magic

What you offering for it then ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@magic

getting back to the point...

fair enough. I had a bad experience at the last bash too, but I'm not going to let it stop me from trying to put on a good show.

There is no alcohol allowed in the venue on the count of it being a church hall, but if you come along (which I know you probably wont, but the advice is still valid) watch out for those teas and coffees!

On a serious note, don't avoid the show because nothing is announced or nothing seems to happen. We are getting together not to wait for new whilst holding our breath. We're getting together to get together! I wanna meet other Amiga people and say to them all "hey, thanks for coming! etc etc" I wanna meet people who feel the same way about Amigas as I do. I love Amigas, always have. I hate the way that it's been mishandled since year dot too and I think I always will, but that's not going to stop me enjoying the rest of the scene.

The tone of this thread has gone a little negative to be honest, so I am hoping that those cynical, negative people aren't going to put the others off. That would be a great shame. If you don't want to come, fine. But if you do I'd love to see you there.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Outcast

50p and a couple of beers?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@niceguy1979

Im not trying to put other people off from going far from it. Its just my personal opinion on the sorry state of affairs where in it allso depends on where exactly you are planning to have this gathering. I allso think alot of us are just hanging on by a thread waiting for some good news to boost our spirits up again.

If it ties in with my work then I be more than happy to go as long as it is not millions of miles away! I was at one stage planning a do down here but for obvoius reasons that whent strait out of the window.

I allso enjoy meeting up with fellow amigans espically that small aussie guy err Outcast with a big mouth boy I could here him from didcot! que smiely

p.s

I think that was Mikey_C rather than Outcast

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I want to go to see OS 4.1
At least we've got something new to celebrate. (I might even be able to afford a copy by then)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@OldAmigan

OS4.1 is a certainty.

We should also be able to cater for the classic side as well so you can try out some of the following:

OS4.0 on classic
A1200 with Mediator TX and Radeon graphics card
A4000 with Deneb
Amiga Forever 2008

Hopefully someone can bring along a working MiniMig and there will be an opportunity to try out MOS2 on an Efika.
If we are really lucky, and this does depend on people pledging their attendance, we may also be able to get hold of a SAM motherboard.

So as the amigans .net slogan says "next generation . emulation . classic" and that will be the case !!

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Maybe now you can understand why I said that the intended timing of this event should be good. For the first time in a long time you can hold an event where REAL hardware can be sold, and users can purchase hardware and software bundles.

Start waving those flags...

Simon

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Rigo

Want your revolving case back ?

hehe

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@niceguy1979 Quote:
On a serious note, don't avoid the show because nothing is announced or nothing seems to happen. We are getting together not to wait for new whilst holding our breath.

With the announcement of OS4.1 for the SAM440, I think it would be very wise to ensure that any Amiga get-together at least allowed people to see a demo of such a system - if not actually buy one themselves!

We've been waiting so long for new OS4 hardware that it would seem stupid not to use this major major reason for attracting people to it.

Personally speaking, I'd also like to see the up-and-coming Pandora (and perhaps the Wiz too) for sale at such a get-together. Sure, it's not strictly Amiga-related, but many Amiga fans are also Retro fans, and the Pandora seems likely to have a huge Retro attraction. However, since the Pandora may not be available in large quantities until 2009, that may or may not be possible. The GP2X (it's predecessor) sold well at the previous Big Bash.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

Fully agree with you Chris.

@others and @3CAGers

Think this changes things, I certainly lent my support to this event prior to the annoucement but this really could be the foundation and leverage for a successful show/event - if people could buy HW at the show that would certainly attract.

Key thing is the dates.

@Luke

My advice for you would be to talk with your contributors, such as AmigaKit.com, to see how dates pan out for release and such. Realise this has only just been announced though and it's quite early but the promise of HW and SW combo on sale would draw people in I am sure.

Anything I can do to help, I'm happy to but obviously this is your event and you probably don't want people treading on your toes, offers there if you need it

Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@all

I will lend my support to this event, and even attend if people would like me to, indeed, I would be happy to do a live webcast, but we will need an internet connection at the venue as I am sure a lot of people would like to tune in to it

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@niceguy1979

Sent you a PM

A1XE, A1200T, X1000, X5020, CDTV, CD32 , A500+ A500
OS4.1b / OS3.2b
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ Rudei

Any help you can offer would be great. Even if you could help with giving people lifts to and from the airport etc that would be excellent.

@Mikey_C

thanks for your support. I knew that you'd come around eventually. As for live webcast, I don't think that's going to happen. The Internet connection is the biggest problem, but the volume of the last BB made it too difficult to carry out a reasonable conversation. I hope this doesn't offend at all, but I want to make this different from the Big Bashes as much as possible cos I don't want people thinking that I am trying to take over or anything.

Saying that, it would be great to see you and your possy at the event. Perhaps you could record something, podcast or something and then post it after the event?

@Jurassicc

Thanks for the PM. I've replied

@ChrisH

Already ahead of you on that score. I'm trying my best to get as many people/exhibitors there as possible. I'm setting up seminar sessions and looking for people to take part. Amigakit would be crazy not to turn up with a van full of hardware, but sometimes dates clash. There's no suiting everybody unfortunately. I've tried to consider alternative dates, but the 1st is the last date I can get at the venue before xmas.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@all

The Midland Amiga Group (MAG) are pleased to announce that the MAG Bash has been kindly sponsored by Amigakit.

This is good news as no doubt they will be bringing along loads of hardware for sale including SAM 440ep and OS4.1.

Classic user wil not be forgotten either so this will be an opportunity to see Deneb, Indivision and Mediator TX plus Minimig and not forgetting OS4.1 for Amiga One.

Systems with these recent add ons will be up and running at the event as well as Amiga Forever 2008 and and Efika running MOS2.1.

As things progress annoucements wil be made on the MAG web site

http://www.midlandamigagroup.info

What is important is that those hoping to attend pledge their attendance as we hope that will attract more exhibitors. We are actively contacting as many of the main players and hope they will come and visit us in the UK.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@iano

http://www.midlandamigagroup.info/ == "64 - Host not available"

// Edit: It's back... Might have been a Network glitch somewhere...

Jerry

Defender of my A1XE-G4 / AOS4 Final Update !
Looking for a new toy ? Then try a GP2X...
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »