Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Amiga Micro and DMA
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

tonyw wrote:
That's good news - now you can edit the thread heading to say "SOLVED!"

I would be surprised. I have an XE and the same problem. Is more likely the cpu cooling. *I have the latest drivers and the latest DVPlayer. Didn`t solve the problem. I`ll go with a new cooler.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Well, i played dvd for about 1 hour while surfing the web with ibrowse 2.4..

I also tried Dnet without problem..

I hope that the problem was that

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I'd say you're lucky then. My problems are definitively not heat related and I have a "very latest" (so to speak) OS4 version.

I've my XE downclocked to 400MHz and run a 100MHz memory. The good thing is, and this proves my theory, that even the 400MHz G3Fx can play DVDs fine when using UDMA (in my case UDMA4, 66MB/s). Nothing in that machine is hot. It might more likely be the RAM or something in my machine is kinda bad ? (its and USB/DMA fixed XE). I had constant trouble with lockups. OTHO I have a second XE, but no DVD drive. And while I can now burn CDs using DMA1, it locked up before. I also cannot use IRQs on none of my CD/DVDs. In that case, no CD would show up.

I'll really celebrate the day, when new HW shows up...(and probably might buy one, if I still have money at that time).

Update: Hooked everything to my Sii0680 controller and have now full DMA+IRQ on both, DVD and CDR (can even burn CDs while I was playing a DVD...not fast enough with 400MHz, but still reliable. I'm back at 900Mhz and working - same cooler).

Seems my IDE fixed XE does not really work 100% correct.

Edited by JuSho on 2006/12/24 21:57:34
Edited by JuSho on 2006/12/24 21:58:10
Edited by JuSho on 2006/12/24 21:58:56
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)