Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 33 34 35 (36)
Re: Any altivec experts? (H.264 codec)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hans & LiveForIt

Yes I know it's a lot of work. It always is But there is no device in the world today that doesn't use HW decoding for mainly h264. All phones, tablets and laptops do HW decoding. My Surface actually refuse to play any video formats it doesn't have HW for! I can't play plain mpeg2 for example.

Is it really that secret and exotic to make it a reality? We only need h264 and we only need it for Radeon.

But Hans, what do you mean by "there's a lot of software that needs to be ported/written/updated in order to do so"? There is only mplayer that needs this primarily, with support in your Radeon driver probably.

@tommysammy

Quote:

The current version of MPlayerNG from Os4depot is the best MPlayer that we can get at moment. On my X1000 i can`t find any bugs, maybe there are some small bugs.

I have a couple of green videos with, what I believe is the latest version. One version from last year that only has the comp driver works without being green in those videos. Otherwise it seems quite bug free, yes

Maybe I missed a new version very recently?

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Deniil

Quote:
Is it really that secret and exotic to make it a reality? We only need h264 and we only need it for Radeon.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. I've already said that it is possible, but a very large amount of work. I wouldn't call it "secret and exotic" at all (although there is no documentation available; only source-code).

Quote:
But Hans, what do you mean by "there's a lot of software that needs to be ported/written/updated in order to do so"? There is only mplayer that needs this primarily, with support in your Radeon driver probably.

I guess that I should have written "a lot of code that..." Anyway, here's the list (AFAIK):
- MPlayer
- Libavcodec (okay, it's part of MPlayer, but it specifically needs an update, and we'd also like other programs like DvPlayer to have access).
- VDPAU
- Gallium3D
- RadeonHD.chip (needs updating to give access)

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Yeah... Guess I'm just desperately dreaming a little here... Too bad everything modern should be so damn complicated and hard to implement and use. And of course, everything has to be secret (no docs).

Doesn't get less frustrating by me having run out of time an enthusiasm for coding a couple of years ago, after nearly 20 years of hobby-coding...

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

Still searching why I am experiencing some freezes when using MPlayer-altivec
http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... t_id=99453#forumpost99453

Is it normal, when video/MPlayer is paused, that Snoopy events loops on

"
Log Generated by; Snoopy 53.34 (12.3.2014)

00001 : mplayer-altivec : o.k. = [exec] OpenDevice("timer.device",0,0x51AB0C70,0x00000000) = 0 [12uS]
00002 : Mplayer cache : o.k. = [exec] OpenDevice("timer.device",0,0x4ECBE8B0,0x00000000) = 0 [11uS]
00003 : mplayer-altivec : o.k. = [exec]
00176 : mplayer-altivec : o.k. = [exec] OpenDevice("timer.device",0,0x570B6A90,0x00000000) = 0 [9uS]
00177 : mplayer-altivec : o.k. = [exec] OpenDevice("timer.device",0,0x570B6A90,0x00000000) = 0 [11uS]
00178 : Mplayer cache : o.k. = [exec] OpenDevice("timer.device",0,0x4ECBE8B0,0x00000000) = 0 [8uS]
"

Thank you

Edited by zzd10h on 2015/11/22 12:14:57
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans

Quote:
- Libavcodec (okay, it's part of MPlayer, and we'd also like other programs like DvPlayer to have access).

don't mix this things up, libavcodec used in mplayer is part FFMPEG package, so when you take the latest FFMPEG you have the latest libavcodec, everything is statically linked.

On DvPlayer changes was done so it might be sold as a commercial product, the way it was done, was by removing codecs and things that have open source license. so libavcodec was rewritten as an Amiga library.

There is no access to speak of, the latest avcodecs are found here: https://www.ffmpeg.org/, just download it, and rewrite it for DvPlayer, Mplayer does not require a rewrite of libavcodec because it open source and in compliance with the open source software license.

Quote:
but it specifically needs an update,

We have version of mplayer with FFMPEG 2-7-1, FFMPEG 2-5, FFMPEG 2-6-3, this makes mplayer just a few months behind the official builds, keeping it up latest build be too much work. and if you also won't rewrite avcodec for AmigaOS for etch version, then that work load multiply.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2015/11/22 13:25:36
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@zzd10h

yes.. It looks silly but should not be a problem.

IF you like to look for bugs look here.

https://github.com/khval/mplayer-amigaos/commits/master

Edited by LiveForIt on 2015/11/22 11:35:45
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away