Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 33 »
Re: New Games possible?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
I think if Hyperion will make a bounty like "warp3d speedup". Then they will collect good amount of money. Or what we need to do, for say to him that opengl are so important, even more than x1000 where will be again the same slow warp3d and minigl over it :)

I hope after Timberworf release, they have some time for :)

Rogue, give us some details about opengl on aos4 future plz :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Just solved the transparency problem in Lugaru. Level 2 challenge mode looks quite different now! Still haven't compared it with the PC demo version. Once I do that, i'll upload it. Need to make an icon for it first (there's a .png I can scale down, like I did with Neverputt).

Had to turn off the blending of terrains, so it may not look quite as nice, but fine from where i'm standing.

I need to play a couple of more levels I think, and then check if there's any really noticeable problems.

.. oh and the reason I had that wireframe character before was because I set "Show Points" to 1.

Edited by MickJT on 2010/6/9 18:35:44
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT

Congrats

Before release it maybe send us another beta to try so you can release a more "safe" beta

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

Refer to original post with link. Keep in mind this also was a rush job. I might be able to re-enable a couple of the blend effects, but at least it looks normal now.

Check out debug mode, set it to "1" in config.txt, then type "wolf", and then type "wolfie" to change into the wolf.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT

Ok, meanwhile I found another issue altrought i'm not sure if it is game related, when you have in full screen and if you have a screen saver enabled ...

It is fixable ?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Can you explain more? While you're playing, the screensaver shouldn't go into effect (since you're pressing keys and moving the mouse).

If you have the game paused, what happens then? I haven't tried it, but the answer is probably "No, I can't fix it".

What exactly is the problem?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Maybe we can set a bounty for Mesa instead of Warp3D ...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT

If you leave the game as is (without playing or touching the computer) it start the screensaver "above" the game, then (but not always) it crash ...

Not tryed yet in pause mode but it might be similar ...

... before say I need to found the pause key

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

Seems to play nice if the game is paused, but not otherwise. Nothing I can do about it, sorry.

Can I just note the game originally had code that pauses the game while it's not in focus, but I had to comment it out because it froze the game and caused an error in the console when you flipped between screens.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT

Ok so it looks a bug (but feature request is the correct term I think) to Hyperion rathen then external devs

Later I try your new beta, stay tuned

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79
Yes we need mesa!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Joeled

Problem is not mesa itself, but also drivers itself. For now (without drivers) we can use dunno what, p96 drivers, compositing maybe .. dunno. And that layer beetwen mesa and hardware (i.e. drivers) are very-very important, because is that place which can give us speedup, or overhead.

When we talk with Hans some time ago (who make drivers for modern radeons), he say that mesa port will be works over Gallium drivers (open source drivers layers).

So, need to make Galium backend, then, port mesa over it. Imho, Galium backend are hard one part. Mesa are not.

AROS devels already do exactly that, so, when we will have Gallium, then we can easyly have a look at source code from AROS.

Not sure that is must be a bounty, just because its part of OS should be. And while OS are commercical, then main developers should do that imho. But i personally hope that it will be done by Hans.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MickJT

I tried Lugaru second binary on my G3-800Mhz MicroA1 (512MB with Radeon7000) with the data files you supplied. Running on OS4.1 Update2

Started game with default settings (640x480-medium detail) fps speed is like 2-3 fps and whole system freezes after playing for some seconds.

Then I lowered gfx settings and tried to start the tutorial level but it froze the whole system..

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Sinan

What are the specs on that gfx card? Try disabling compositing and giving it another go. Perhaps try from "no startup-sequence".

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Aquaria port is a wonderful idea. Nonetheless, if only Aquaria designers agreed to make a special Amiga version, it would be great news and a perfect advertisement for X1000 platform. This game is totally soaked in this unique feeling exclusive for Amiga games. Some sort of special Amiga edition would attract many fans to this computer. On the other hand, maybe Aquaria designers are Amiga fans and will prepare something for us unexpectedly?

Dusty A500
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Lugaru is being uploaded now to OS4Depot. Please compare the .lha against the md5 hash 79e0f6c858932da2c312ce7376a2c197. I'm uploading it with IBrowse, so I could track the progress since it was going slower than usual.

Since it seems amigans and os4depot are on the same server and getting hammered, the upload might get corrupt or stop before it's finished. The filesize is 40368450 bytes.

Still haven't looked at it on a PC yet! I'd like to see how it looks when the blending is rendered properly.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
Lets hope everything concerning software we need speeds up when X1000 arrives

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Joeled

Rigth now i sended message to Hanz, where i ask him about his current work on drivers and alt, and with idea about bounty, for making Gallium-Mesa port. I do not know what he do already related to that subject (very possible that nothing at moment), and also i do not know what Hyperion do in that terms (need to talk with Rogue about). But still, i think we need already make a bounty now, because money will a bit force the work on it.

Maybe also will buy new Sam or something for any good amiga-developers who will want to do that. I will create later a topic with ideas about bounty, so everyone can discuss that.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Regarding Lugaru, I just tried campaign mode now. I was totally unaware you had to click the little red circle. I thought challenge mode was it! It's a so much better game now. Might start getting into it.

I will submit a news item soon.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT

Nice progress :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post