Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 112

MartinW, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4)
Re: Have you interest to have "putty" for os4 ?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Does something give you the impression that we will actually GET the new shell any time soon? It was "coming soon" several years ago. While the fact that time moves on indicates that it should be closer now, do you have any indicator that it will not, in fact, be more years before it is finished?

Anyway, count me in when it comes to wanting PuTTY. I've been begging for it since the pre-release days.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@trezzer
Quote:

Does something give you the impression that we will actually GET the new shell any time soon? It was "coming soon" several years ago. While the fact that time moves on indicates that it should be closer now, do you have any indicator that it will not, in fact, be more years before it is finished?

As i know , all the "good stuff" cookies for 4.2. I.e. new version of mui with all kind of features are will be in the 4.2 100% (it was not released in update, because it was bug-fix update). Also gallium/mesa will be in 4.2 (and as i understand, 4.2 will be released only when gallium/mesa will be done at minimum).

All of this make me think (but i can be wrong there), that new con stuff will be included too in 4.2. But sure, and as usuall its amiga, and only amiga make it possible :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
While I find the MorphOS's remote shell really good, 10k just to be allowed to port it to OS4 is a joke from the author to me...
Moreover following the info given above by fab, I found out that powerterm is used in iConsole (same author), a MacOSX terminal. Currently there is a freely downloadable beta binary with a limited lifetime and will probably become a commercial product.
If he still have some time to spare on programming, maybe he could port it by himself to OS4 and sell it too. He could secure a few additional bucks of it...

Well, given the few OS4 people interested in such a product, I have serious doubt this could be done ( and the tiny amount of money he could get compare to the 8k-10k required for the license :) )
I won't judge him, he spent a lot of time on it and owns the code. He do what he wants with powerterm.

Anyway, I'm interested in such a application for OS4 even if it's currently working quiet well with a remote computer which match the amiga terminal (it seems not common...).
Please don't spent time in a GUI, people who will use this kind of application can use tooltype (and menus for the rest).

A1200PPC/Sam440ep/Sam460ex/X1000/X5020 OS4.1
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4)