Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »
Re: AmigaOS4.1 [On a SAM] and WarpOS apps
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all

Please make some comments for Payback on AOS4.1 SAM and AONE. I will transmit to the author soon but need to have is work great or not and why.

Thanks in advance.

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mrodfr

Software-Rendering mode works, hardware-rendering doesn't work on Sam440ep & AOS4.1 (68k & WarpOS).

The inital movie doesn't work with AOS4.1 and the system crashes. A solution for this is to rename it such that the video is not played anymore.

After switching on Motion-Blur or Geround-Shading there's a GrimReaper but it can be ignored and you can play the game without further problems.

AmigaInput is not fully supported, means, for example you cannot configure all buttons of a PSX Pad.

All in all , Payback and FibleFiles are the only WarpOS-Games that work for me on AOS4.1. So, great job

nexus

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mrodfr
I personally would not expect any Payback bugs on OS4.1/Sam440 to be fixed, but I'd be great if he could just recompile the PPC version with system friendly audio. We can work-around the other bugs.

edit: I started a new thread on this topic, asking for posts to be made here, but some people have replied there instead:
Interest for Payback on OS4?

Edited by ChrisH on 2008/12/17 20:10:53
Edited by ChrisH on 2008/12/17 20:11:29
Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

I'm interested in this, I have the game but have never been able to run it.

Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@all

I'm interested in this game to run on my OS4.1 system, don't care how, just as long as it runs, I'd be happy to cough up ?12 for a working version.

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
@Mrodfr
I personally would not expect any Payback bugs on OS4.1/Sam440 to be fixed, but I'd be great if he could just recompile the PPC version with system friendly audio. We can work-around the other bugs.

edit: I started a new thread on this topic, asking for posts to be made here, but some people have replied there instead:
Interest for Payback on OS4?

Thanks for all.

I will resume request to Payback author and send him a mail next week end with links here.

Maybe he will do nothing or maybe more. We must finger crossed

Recompiling with audio for PPC will be great and the 2 grim reaper also. If he would like to help Payback for the amiga, hope this 2 problems will not cost him too much free free time...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I'd absolutely love to see Payback working on my A1. It's such a shame as it's one of the best modern Amiga games! I've found that the WarpOS version works fine but without sound, but the 68k version doesn't work for me. It appears to run but the controls seem to be totally all over the place, basically meaning I can't shoot or enter a car. It would be amazing if it could be revived. Perhaps the author doesn't have his Amiga any more, or his Amiga is broken? Then maybe someone could loan him a Sam for a while, seeing as they seem to be getting common (in Amiga terms anyway)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mrodfr

Hi I just registered to say how much I would love to see an update for Payback for better OS4 compatibility.

I am a big GTA fan but even with all the versions of GTA on the PC I still really enjoy playing Payback on the Amiga and I would love to be able to play Payback on my sam440 just as soon as it arrives as well.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Dwyloc

Just would like to say that I have just made and send a 1.5 hour mail in english for James about Payback PPC problems or AOS4.x PPC amigas.

I have given explanations about problems with PPC version and invite him to read thread here, talking about amidevccp (surely interesting for PC user) and others stuff.

Now the hope is to see an answer from him.

- He could not answer or just said sorry
- Promise to look just amidevCCP or install winUAE or just try to found his old amiga sources.
- Maybe will try to do something but no fre time.

Better

- Ask help and need betatesters with PAYBACK on AOS4 and would like to pass some hour for fixing Payback for PPC aos4x amiga.

In case he will subscribe here and answer direclty, give to him a good first message reaction

now crossed our fingers

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Bah, while Nexus (Sam440) reports that he can ignore PaybackWOS's DSI exception without problem (and so can play the game fine), I find that OS4 (Sam440) crashes badly (freeze). And keyboard/joystick controls do not work properly on the 68k version

So it would be great if the DSI exception could be fixed...

Oddly enough, ignoring OWB 3.1's AddressBook DSI causes the same OS4 crash (freeze) for me, yet others have reported they can ignore it without problem. Is there some trick to ignoring DSI errors on OS4.1/Sam440?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:
And keyboard/joystick controls do not work properly on the 68k version

Have you set them up correctly in AmigaInput Prefs - LowLevel tab? I think you need to assign "Port 1 - Gamepad" to your joystick. I've not had any problems with the controls myself, don't think I've tried it under 4.1 yet though.

Chris

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris
Yes, set-up AmigaInput correctly (as far as I know), but even keyboard doesn't work properly:

For Payback 68k, the keyboard (& joypad) do not work in the menu (except fire/spacebar), but I *can* start a game. In game the fire is constantly held down, and I cannot enter any cars (perhaps because of that).

edit: Pressing Continue (instead of Ignore) just leads to another DSI error, forever.

Edited by ChrisH on 2008/12/28 11:37:01
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

Ignoring DSI errors can result in all sorts fo problems, and the behavior can be random, might work for some but not for others, pressing continue is maybe better then pressing ignore.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt

no, it's not better. Pressing "continue" worked never for me. "ignoring" the GR does sometime work (but if it works for an application, then it works always for that application).

nexus

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I only just brought the game recently ?18 was not to pleased to find that it freezes up os4.1 can only play the game for a few minuits before it hangs. Anyway Id love to see this sorted for os4.1 its such a cool game.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all

I will try to have a message contact again with the payback author (now 5 month since previous contact) in a near futur and try to convince him to improve the amiga version of Payback...

No results warranted... all depent to him....

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
As someone keeps on reminding me Sam440ep`s AmigaOS4.1 is still beta so basicly there are going to be a few problems along the way. I just hope these glitches get fixed soon.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@magic
I got Payback 68k working perfectly on OS4.1 on my Sam. First trick is to prevent it playing the video, so remove the CD from the drive (I don't think it copies the video file to the HD). Second trick is to connect a USB joystick *before* Payback starts, but *after* booting. Third trick is to set-up joystick as a "Port 1 - Gamepad" for Lowlevel emulation.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

For me even the 68k version just crashes after a bit of playing time but too date I don't think I have any classic 68k or warpos software that runs with out crashing.

Night long plays for about 30 seconds after the video stops playing then the OS4 fixed version of rtgmaster crashes (http://www.os4depot.net/index.php?fun ... hics/rtgmaster-os4fix.lha) and takes the game with it and both the 68k and warp up version of payback ether crash out after a few minutes of playing.

wipeout also crashes after a few minutes of play I have been hoping for an updated graphics driver since getting my sam440 as that may fix some of the problems but so far there is no sine of an updated driver.

Sam440ep 667mhz 512megs OS4.1 + Minimig, 4MB RAM, ARM add-on board
WinUae 2.3.2, OS 3.9, BB2, Catweasel MkIV
Amiga 1200, BlizzardPPC 060/200 with SCSI, mediatorSX, Voodoo3, pci lan
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Dwyloc

I second that a new update on the ati drivers is needed to fix the damn green screen problem ive been getting on most of these games. Annoying.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »