Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
135 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 135

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »
Re: Whats next?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joeled
Regarding ignition: A port isn't really the point, as it already works and runs nicely on AmigaOS4.1. The point is starting further development again...

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I like CW and i hope it will evolve to have the things folks needs etc. I myself dont use wordprocessors/spreedsheets for private use. Only at work. I had much more use when i studied. I always try out when a new version of CW is released. I also would like normal menus like kas1e explained.

And last, keep up the good work :) I rather use native apps but if there isnt nany a port is good too :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Yes my mistake.

Quote:
Regarding ignition: A port isn't really the point, as it already works and runs nicely on AmigaOS4.1. The point is starting further development again...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Tell you what I would like 'Next' is a properly coded, optimised, fast and efficient screen recording application.

The only good quality video, by that I mean which isn't a camera pointed at the screen, I have seen so far on YouTube have been recorded using a hardware solution - this guy - ( http://www.youtube.com/user/hostcove ), he is the same guy who kindly did the HDR video for Hans de Ruiter.

The HDR hans video:

http://hdrlab.org.nz/projects/amiga-o ... the-radeonhd-rm-resource/

This was recorded using a hardware solution - and these things are damn expensive.

http://amigaworld.net/modules/news/ar ... ryid=6194&start=100#83526

We desperately need a software solution that is all of the above so we can professionally demonstrate AmigaOS on YouTube and elsewhere - this is top priority.

If software screen capturing isn't coming to the platform anytime soon then at the very least key members within the development team should purchase these devices.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@desler
just tested recent version.... looks a lot better than what I tested ages ago... However, this is what annoyed me most (besides missing features):

A simple docx with caps (Aufzählungszeichen) couldn't be imported properly, just the las cap was printed...

Mouse becomes very sluggish on right hand user buttons/menus on my SAM

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@desler
However, this seems to be an excellent starting point. But I guess, before people would "invest" money/skills or whatever, it should be "presentable":

- proper Amiga Menus / Amigalike usage
- Mason Icons
- non sluggish Mouse
- working printersupport (gives me Errors on my PS Printer/netprinter.device
- proper docx import (images, caps,....) / or do not implement it yet..

However, once you have a presentable version, people might invest time/money into this project, in order to make it highest priority. Hyperion/A-Eon should also invest (programming skills/money) plus we do need more skilled programmers (maybe payed via bounty) to stop whatever they work on recently and jump on the CW train.

So, Hyperion, A-Eon, ACP+TCP, ACube, former Amiga Companies and Comunity, what would you invest, and what do you want in return ?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@gerograph
I dont believe we are going to get any help from Hyperion, A-Eon, ACP+TCP, ACube, former Amiga Companies, They are to busy or just not interested. Like kas1e said if we want to have it we have to do it ourselves. A bounty for smby to help desler and finish CW.

Desler should then get paid for CW v1.0. Do you know anyone who can help him if we raise a bounty?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Joeled
I had decided not to get to much involved in this thread as it was not originally about cinnamon writer, and I didnt want to topic to be hi-jacked. However, it is very important that people understand that I do not wish for any bounty (eventhough I appreciate the kind thought). If people like CW or like the direction it is headed, they are more than welcome to give a donation as the program progresses toward v. 1 and beyond. This way I can hire one of you to help me with the gui or graphics or donate to other people porting stuff important for CW or Amiga. People can pay me when they think that the product justifies the donation, not in anticipation of something that only exist in my roadmap

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Office suite would be essential, but with current situation I quite sure that KOffice would be way to go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KOffice

Should much easier to port than OO. Depencies are mostly done, as we now have a workin QT.

It also have same funtionality, like open/save MS/OO documents.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Well its also using QT and its too slow right now.

Quote:
Office suite would be essential, but with current situation I quite sure that KOffice would be way to go.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@djrikky
Quote:

We desperately need a software solution that is all of the above so we can professionally demonstrate AmigaOS on YouTube and elsewhere - this is top priority.

I am 100% sure that not top priority, and reassons: you can't normally record good resolutions, on the slow cpus, which already stressed by something which load it on 100%. That is not limitation of screencam progs, but just HW.

Quote:

If software screen capturing isn't coming to the platform anytime soon then at the very least key members within the development team should purchase these devices.

By key-members you mean os4-developers ? If so, they works just for fun, when they want. They do not want to bother about anything than that, and its problem of hyperion how to attract new users, how found a guys who will promote aos4 good, with good quality vids and co.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e Quote:
os4-developers ... do not want to (snip)

Please be careful about stating your opinions as facts (and sounding like you are speaking on their behalf). It could easily lead to some misunderstanding (even if in this case I don't notice any real problem).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel Quote:
I *love* Cinnamon writer, but there is one thing that keeps holding me back from bug reports or even feedback. I can't seem to find your eMail address

Me too. I *assumed* the lack of an email address was intentional. i.e. That Desler did not want to be contacted.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@desler Quote:
The logic of CW versioning is that when it reaches v 1.00, CW will have all of the features that people uses 99% of the time when using a word processor. It will not be able to do all the things that Word or OO offers, but it will concentrate on the most important and most often features used.

Hopefully it also won't crash all the time, unlike current versions

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH
Quote:

Please be careful about stating your opinions as facts (and sounding like you are speaking on their behalf). It could easily lead to some misunderstanding (even if in this case I don't notice any real problem).

I sometime not understand your comments to be honest. There is no misunderstandings, and its all as i say. Why i even should "be carefull" ? I know what i see by my eyes, and that is facts (and you for sure, know them as well):

Fact 1. All the os4 core devs works in free time, for fun. Only brothers works full time.

Fact 2. There is no promouting work done by os4 core devs. Maybe sometime, somethere. All the PR done by users. Not by os4core devs (as they core devs, and they have no time for).

Fact 3. Developers develop (when all of them, except of brothers, found a time). They of course, not have a time for making a videos to upload it on youtube.

That is facts, and i not see any misundestoods.

My point of previos post (which was adressed to djrikky): all os4-core devs have no time for even what they want to develop, not saying about promoiting. Even if we all know that brothers works full time, they of couse, have more than enough work to do, and they can't make a videos all the day, and worring about good quality of them

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

I've done this and it was the first time I've interacted with such programs. Now, several months later, I 've develop my skills a lot more.

While preparing the sequel and an additional chapter for a specific game, I 've always wanted to make a professional looking video dedicated to AmigaOS (and Amiga-like OSes). For the time being, only AROS looks doable.

Regretfully, I agree with you, there is no way to capture screen, and especially HD resolutions (meaning 1680x1050) of AOS4.x without a hardware solution because the hardware is already stressed.

It's up to Hyperion itself to invest money for a hardware solution to a willing person/team. Of course a professional looking video would need access to the latest/fastest hw itself (X1000) and the system to be preloaded with all available programs for the ultimate show off.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH and others

A valid email address is written on the first page of desler.be. It is also written in the manual that follows with CW. I know that the addresses could be more evident, that is my fault. But they are there. Finally, it is always possible to PM me here or on AW. It may take a little longer for me to see those, but I will return the mail.
In regards to your experiences with the crashes. Share them with me. I have always encouraged people to send me crash rapports. I have an email set up fro that: Bugs@desler.be as written in the documentation which is distributed with CW. I have just tried to set up a more professional bug tracker which can be reached from the homepage (I invite everyone who experiences crashes to submit them here. Maybe the bugs won't be fixed overnight, but it is a program in constant development

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e Quote:
I sometime not understand your comments to be honest. There is no misunderstandings, and its all as i say. Why i even should "be carefull" ? I know what i see by my eyes, and that is facts (and you for sure, know them as well):

Let me restate myself:

I *agree* that what you wrote is *probably* true... but there is always the chance you are wrong (or say it in a way that is misunderstood).

And unfortunately you wrote it *as if it was a fact* (rather than a strong opinion/belief), and *as if you were speaking on behalf of Hyperion*. So *if* you did turn out to be mistaken in some way (or people misunderstood you), then people might mistakenly blame *Hyperion* (rather than you). And that is how FUD & flamewars can start.

Therefore you need to be careful about *HOW* you say things. In other words, I think you SHOULD have said:
Quote:
By key-members you mean os4-developers ? If so, I think they works just for fun, when they want. AFAIK they do not want to bother about anything than that, and its problem of hyperion how to attract new users, how found a guys who will promote aos4 good, with good quality vids and co.

(where bold words were added by me)

See? Just three extra words makes it crystal clear that you are speaking for yourself, and not on behalf of os4-devs or Hyperion.

Or look at it like this? Would you like it if I answered people on your behalf, saying "Kas1e doesn't want to ...." or "Kas1e did that because ...".

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@desler Quote:
A valid email address is written on the first page of desler.be

I took a really hard look, and eventually noticed an address hidden at the end of an unremarkable-looking paragraph. Please consider adding an "Email" or "Contact" in your "Main Menu".

Quote:
It is also written in the manual that follows with CW.

It doesn't appear to be written in an older version of the manual, and I hadn't bothered checking since...

Quote:
Finally, it is always possible to PM me here or on AW

Sorry, but I doubt this occurs to most people... and well, you don't even provide a Real Name with which to search for you (on Amigans.net anyway), so searching the members list may not result in anything anyway. (There is no reason to assume your nickname will be "desler").

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Well i think Matthias Rustler develops it for AROS? I dont know the status of it. Is it possible to port to AOS? How updated is it? Any Aros ppl here?

Quote:
Regarding ignition: A port isn't really the point, as it already works and runs nicely on AmigaOS4.1. The point is starting further development again.

@anyone
How hard is it to port to AOS if we cant get it from Aros? Even if its outdated and buggy is it possible to do it? Can anyone try?

Ignition

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »