Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 16 ... 20 »
Re: Qt Native News
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@TSK

Yeah, I just though about that too. Might throw in a checkbox for this in the prefs app for next release.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79
Quote:
Edit for TSK: Check your mailbox !

I haven't gotten any new PM's (Amigans.net) or emails in past couple of days. ??

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TSK

Ok check PM !

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

alfkil wrote:

About the native menus, then I have to say, that this is the way it's going to work: When pressing right mouse inside the window, you will trigger a right mouse button event. When outside window, you will trigger the native menu. This is the only way I can do it, as long as you want both right mouse events (eg. context menus) and native menus at the same time, since there is no flag to tell me, if the selected widget wants right mouse or nothing.

How about checking whether the mouse is over a widget, then seeting RMB_TRAP if so, also allow system menus to appear when the mouse is over the borders, (you might have allready done that) so that full screen windows can get their menus. Having to move move the mouse more than is necessary to move get at the menus is not ergonomic.

A menu qualifier key is also an option but not very "amigaish"

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues

Since everything in Qt is a widget (including windows), it really makes no sence to check if the mouse is over one, better to check, if the mouse is inside a window, which is what I'm doing now.

The only solution I see, if users want both context menus and native menus over widgets, is to use the middle button as a substitute.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I smell there is new QT release is coming with fixes and new SDK for play with :)

Alfkil, its is possible that this LockPubScreen problem also used in all the other examples, and because of which , EmbeddedDialogs or even your Designer port are slow ? Maybe even EasyPaint and ColorCode ports was slow because of the same ?

Btw, did you have some very old-first versions of QT , where you first time make EmbeddedDialogs works ? I mean you can check the speed of it, and the current one, and it will be a start to found the problem.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

A new release is in the works, yes. Probably tomorrow or so.

About slowness, I will of course double check the code to see if the embedded dialogs example could be harmed by some pub screen locking, but I'm thinking no, it is probably not that which is slowing it down. I only have the latest release stored on my hd, so it is not possible to test without rolling back all my code to a former release.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Or you can use a qualifier to disable the context menu
like the ContextMenu that cames with OS4

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil Quote:
The only solution I see, if users want both context menus and native menus over widgets, is to use the middle button as a substitute.

Would it be possible for the user to disable context-menus (and so enable normal menus over window) on a per-program basis? Not all programs will need context menus.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
A fresh version of Qt is in the upload queue at os4depot. Be amused!

(SDK will follow tomorrow.)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@alfkil

Thanks !

You have some (small) typos in the installer script:
"Welcome to installing AmiCygnix-base"
<- That one is on the 2nd page where the user selects his skill level (the 1st one is fine)

"AmiCygnix-base is installed to ..."

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil

Ok installed latest version 0.8.1 and i note a few issues:

It seems we completely miss "libintl.so" from the QT archive and examples doesn't start without it (lots of annoying requesters), so i download this library from OS4Depot and i copied it into SOBjs main dir, now QT works

Other problems:

- Examples/network/downloadmanager (don't work)

Quote:
socketSignalMask = 0x4000000
QProcessPrivate::initializeProcessManager()
QProcessPrivate::initializeProcessManager() END
ASSERT: "!isEmpty()" in file /qt/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/tools/qlist.h, line 269

More to come ...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
The libintl.so is in the sobjs directory, so why it doesn't get copied is a mystery to me...

About downloadmanager then yes, I forgot to copy the new version into the release package. Darn...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
The new SDK is now available from the download queue at os4depot.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil
Installed latest user and sdk archive, and that what i found:

Problems/bugs:

-- on running all QT apps ask for Cygnix: assign
-- in QT prefs cant found anything about MIDDLE button, that how looks like my new QT prefs:

Resized Image

-- usuall problems with speed , and Designer indeed slow (but still, with all those native menus its looks very good :) , with normal speed that all will rokz hard !)

Cool moments:

-- That draggableicons example never crashes for now. All works fine, yes !
-- Whole project now feels professional and pretty polished (speed problems a bit broken fan of course, but as you say you will try to worry about, so fingers on the cross).
-- Recompiling of all the programs with new sdk/new user archive did the trick , and all those small shity ports which i do works fine.

Ideas to improve:

-- in QT prefs : "ESC = close gadget" (can be usefull)

But in general, all what is important now, its somehow understand why Desinger much slower natively in compare with ACygnix one, and i think that it will automatically speedup all the other programms. Maybe its all even not because of minigl, but just something like the same LockPubScreens somethere, or dead loop , or kind. I almost sure that Designer slow because of the same, because of which EmbeddedDialogs slow. Slowdown feels very the same (one more pluse of idea that its all about one bug, not many different)

Keep it up , we almost at finish line :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Thanks for the kind words .

Speed is now the main issue, and I will try everything I can to fix this.

About the missing "middle button" tag in the prefs app, I forgot to copy the new version, I think the version in the SDK archive should be the right one.

EDIT:

Quote:

-- on running all QT apps ask for Cygnix: assign

Huh? I thought I fixed this... Just a small idea: If you type

> getenv QT_HOME

What do you get?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil
Quote:

About the missing "middle button" tag in the prefs app, I forgot to copy the new version, I think the version in the SDK archive should be the right one.

Right ! And should to say, that option rokz hard ! The way that its now spawn by RMB main menu in whole area, and by Middle button the context one : are fine enough and usable. The only moment, that maybe also add "native context menus" when "native menus" flag is set ? Just to make everything "in the style".

About get_env:

Quote:

11/0.MOS:Qt-4.7/demos/textedit> getenv QT_HOME
/qt/home

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@alfkil

So, now that we can set the default style with a prefs application, the question is: How to make a OS4.x default style? And how can we motivate mason, imagodespora or some else to make such a theme?

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi,

Couldn't get it to run anything, don't have AmiCygnix installed btw.. I don't think its needed anymore right.

See OS4Depot comments for more info.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@drikky
You can assign cygnix: to any place you wish (ram: , current dir: , any other dir:)

Also, the whole port based on OpenGL , which, on sam460/radeonHD are not works.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 16 ... 20 »