Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 14 ... 17 »
Re: Opus Magellan source is free now!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin

Thanks for the tips, it works fine altrough my current viewer is FastView

@kas1e

Quote:
We wait for workbench improvements for latest 3-4 years (at least me, as i start to use os4 in 2009). Nothing radical or even half-radical was done on. 4 years its 48 months.

Yep, atleast recently many bugs was finally removed, nothing special but better than nothing

Quote:
Even with ugly scroll bars and icons, yes :)

Agree, however Magellan is and still a third party software under OS4, also as it doesn't use Reaction but MUI it cannot be a "real" replacement.. so even for the future we should need a new Workbench rewritten from scratch, or atleast one doesn't exclude the other .. however as you say Magellan can be an excellent tool in meantime so let's use it

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo
Quote:

Agree, however Magellan is and still a third party software under OS4

Does not matter. All the stuff in any of our oses can be called 3d party. Just words and nothing more. Including of one or another component and call it "official" do not make that component any better or worse.

Quote:

also as it doesn't use Reaction but MUI

It do not use MUI, it use GeekGadget (older toolkit) some parts of which os4 catch and redirect to modern looks by itself (check prefs deeply, specially drop-down buttons and their look). But that all to be seen what to do with looks of those ugly parts.

Quote:

it cannot be a "real" replacement..

We have nothing else of such level as dopus5 and never will. There is no new comers, only we all, and once we all will loose interest, nothing new will be done. If someone want just good looking icons, but not so worry about how hard to operate with os itself, then of course. But if someone want to do some good work today even on old oses like our ones, then there is no other choice. Only that, that some ppls prefer dopus5 over ambient (which ahead of wb in many ways) should tells something.

Quote:

so even for the future we should need a new Workbench rewritten from scratch

Sure, 15 years more :) + 20 for bug hunting, if anyone will alive :)

@all
main binary of dopus now on gcc, check this out:
Resized Image

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I love Magellan; it, in every way, is light years ahead of the standard Workbench, OS4.x version included.

I just need some spare time and I'd glady use it all on helping get this magnificent beast brought up to date, with fixes and new features!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Well I don't think I'm going to use Opus5 as default desktop, because it has too many features for day to day usage, I think.

But its the best file organizer I know off, so I'm going to use no question about it, when I need it.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

kas1e wrote:
@all
main binary of dopus now on gcc, check this out:
Resized Image

Nice! i hope to se a test bin asap :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@smf
Quote:

Nice! i hope to se a test bin asap :)

Basically 68k gcc binary already works, just have some issues which need to fix before put it to public-tests. Itix also almost done with ppc-related changes (with morphos and amigaos4 ifdefs and so on), so once we will happy with 68k version of binary and it will works the same as sas'c original, then test time and then native versions

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
Who can notice what's new there ?

http://kas1e.mikendezign.com/misc/dopus5/newgadgets.jpg

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hmmm.. it looks like the annoyingly large icon in the lister toolbars is now replaced with a nice icon. Is that it?

Scott

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Looks better for sure

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ScotCabit
Its new iconify and lockpad gadgets yep. Itix add them yesterday for morphos, and almost the same code was ok for os4 too.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Have you replaced them (iconify and padlock gads) with the standard version 50 sysiclass images? It's hard to tell with your choice of theme

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Getting there! Looks way better now!! :)
Is anyone working on icon support yet?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Andy
Quote:

Have you replaced them (iconify and padlock gads) with the standard version 50 sysiclass images? It's hard to tell with your choice of them

Itix just added it to boopsi.c of library like this:
https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/code/282/

And lately just some stuff to make it works on os4 as well:
https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/code/286/

@Spot
Quote:

Is anyone working on icon support yet?

Nope, its heavy part, and once everything will be ported, etc.

All up2date info there:
https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/discussion/dev/

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
Resized Image

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
i'll be damned! the main bin is ppc native! :D

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Spot
I even add os4 native mouse-wheel support for listers to native os4 binary now in meantime, good when those small tasty features start to works. So now we need:

1. Fix strange crashes with 68k-gcc native binary (there some heavy ones and only in 68k version).
2. Rewrite patching to be "os4-as-it-should-be-patches"
3. Rewrite all modules to native. There is 20 of them, should be not hard, just time.
4. first native user's releases for os3/os4/mos.

Then some fast bug-fixes which for sure will arise, and then that TODO crap : icons, ugly-nest and co.

Maybe even rewriting of modules will be not necessary for first release, because as its done now, dopus5 on os4/mos will be able to use without problems both 68k and ppc modules (libraries).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Fixed almost all the crashes in 68k version: the reasons was that some (just a few, but important ones) dopus5 functions want originally registers a5 and a6 at the same time as arguments. So, fd2pragma just fails most of time when tried to generate right inlines for (even when with some special cases it didn't fail and build for that kind of functions "working" inlines, they was still wrong).

So i ask Frank about some help and he bring nice idea about making just .s files, build them as objects and put to link library. For that we use his "vasm" compiler which can be build on almost anything => auto-builds will be possible.

Now only one crash left in 68k version, one in native os4/mos versions, os4 "native patching" + some other stuff here and there, and once that will be done, we can bring for beta-test some stuff, and first public release will be close.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
Just to make you all know: Xenic fix latest crash with 68k version few days ago, and i almost finish with os4-native patching: at least i already setup them on running, remove them on exit, just few bugs there and there. I annoy quite hard itix about it on our forum (because he understand all that stuff better and he do some macroses for to avoid tons of ifdefs in the code), but he can not know os4 internals so much as he mostly morphos developer, so i forced to loose hours with all that patching macroses and patches at all, which i wish to be removed some day at all.

Once patches for os4 will be ready, we will have last hard bit to fix for ppc builds (both, os4 and mos ones): there is some nasty bug somewhere when we use some of modules from ppc builds. Hope soon, and its all will be close to betas and then first public release.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Nice progress guys, keep it up !

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
kas1e & the gang doing the impossible!

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 14 ... 17 »