Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
231 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 231

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: Did I miss an Update?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@salass00

Wow it's already so complete that even the localizations will be already taken automatically from the system (MUI) one !

For the system consistency using ClassAct is for sure the best choice, for the next release of AmigaOS this version should replace the old one

I didn't test all the functionality (yet) but for now the graphical parts seems ok, for what i can see still only some bit here and there

- The test sound button is missed
- An iconify gadget need to be added

Well done mate

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@salass00
Works great mate!!!

-IMO window too wide (aprox. 800px!!!) on startup.
-If MODE page could be 60% for listbrowser 40% for sliders.

GREAT JOB!!!!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
- On the second tab some options are missing (volume and anti.click settings).

Nice work!

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
salass00, nice, this should be the default in os4 if you ask me.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Quote:

- The test sound button is missed
- An iconify gadget need to be added

Just implemented these two features (same download link).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Salas00
Quote:

Just implemented these two features (same download link).

Cool, and whole layout seems much better now too. As far as i can see only in Advanced Settings missing "Default Anti-click time" and "Volume Scaling".

ps. Btw, maybe by default size can be a bit smaller (just a little) ?

ps2. And seems when i do iconify with providing an icon, it still drops on wb without icon

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
And seems when i do iconify with providing an icon, it still drops on wb without icon

Looks like a missing GetDiskObjectNew() call and/or WINDOW_Icon tag.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@salass00

Many thanks mate, it's for sure better now !
Aniway as other pointed out still again a few things here and there

We are pretty close already but let's try to sum them:

1 - Volume and anti-click settings (and "annotation") is missed (reported by cha05e90 and kas1e)
2 - The main window are too wide at startup (reported by jabirulo) maybe also an option to snapshotting the window size can be added ?
3 - Iconify have no icon (reported by kas1e)
4 - A popup menu gadget menu might be added, more info at:

http://wiki.amigaos.net/index.php/BOOPSI_Popup_Menus_-_Part_1
http://wiki.amigaos.net/index.php/BOOPSI_Popup_Menus_-_Part_2

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@salas00

And to overblown you by requests :) imho "Settings/Create Icons" not need it there at all and can be removed.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Just fixed the iconify icon and implemented anticlick and volume scaling controls:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26599983/ahi_ca-wip.7z

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
And to overblown you by requests :) imho "Settings/Create Icons" not need it there at all and can be removed.

That's a standard Prefs menu item, which mainly exists so "save as" knows whether to create icons or not (if you create icons you can double-click to apply those prefs). It shouldn't be removed.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Salas00
Quote:

Just fixed the iconify icon and implemented anticlick and volume scaling controls

Yep all works. As well as seems layout now a bit smaller so all is good and looks fine. That version imho can be fit into os4 by default now.

Only one moment : Help entries didn't works as imho all those ahi help/guide/concept index didn't placed in os4 by default as well , so maybe remove them from menu, or add necessary help files to os4 as well by default.

@Chris
Quote:

That's a standard Prefs menu item, which mainly exists so "save as" knows whether to create icons or not (if you create icons you can double-click to apply those prefs). It shouldn't be removed.

Always found such option a bit unlogical btw. I mean, it looks like something really different and not related to save as , and what kind of "settings" should be in "settings" user may think :)

Imho, such option should be like some suboption in SaveAs. Or maybe should be just Save As and Save As With Icon. Or , what is even better , it can be just in "ASL". Some flag like "create and icon ?". Because as it now, its looks a bit strange imho. Some option for "save as", while there is no note about it and users may think "what icon? where ? for what ?".

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

Only one moment : Help entries didn't works as imho all those ahi help/guide/concept index didn't placed in os4 by default as well , so maybe remove them from menu, or add necessary help files to os4 as well by default.

Actually the code for opening the ahi.guide is currently entirely missing from the ClassAct version. Only the BGUI and MUI versions have code for doing this and it's BGUI/MUI specific respectively.

As you point out the ahi.guide isn't available on a standard AmigaOS 4.1 install anyway so I've disabled the entire help menu using a #define for now.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Screenshots of current version:

Resized Image Resized Image

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@salass00

Similar to the main window perhaps the test button is also a bit too wide

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
Test button looks the same as in mui version, and imho fits into design pretty fine.. It may looks wide because there is too much empty space on top/bottom of the options area. At least on my default settings:

Resized Image

Edited by kas1e on 2013/11/21 12:12:30
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Imho, such option should be like some suboption in SaveAs. Or maybe should be just Save As and Save As With Icon. Or , what is even better , it can be just in "ASL". Some flag like "create and icon ?". Because as it now, its looks a bit strange imho. Some option for "save as", while there is no note about it and users may think "what icon? where ? for what ?".

FWIW I agree, the option should probably be part of the ASL requester. That's a heap of work though, and then all the Prefs programs would need updating for the new style. It's totally out of scope for this update of AHI Prefs.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Quote:
perhaps the test button is also a bit too wide

Don't forget that "Play a test sound" is a full sentence, and as such can be rendered in very different lengths when localized to other languages. For example, the Czech version of the label fits in the current button just about fine.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@trixie & kas1e

Mmm i use italian but it still a bit too wide for my taste (atleast on my current theme/fonts)

See: http://s18.postimg.org/p998ig5bt/ahi.png

Of course surely not a big problem aniway ..

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@salass00

nice to see a reaction version of AHI prefs again. so far, so good. i've replaced the current version of the prefs program with your build, in fact. thanks again.

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »