Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 93

Georg, sailor, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 8 »
Re: Let's Make Tunenet Plugins!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
salass00, wake up! =)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I'm currently looking into doing the "Vector based icon plugin" project on openamiga.org:
http://openamiga.org/?function=viewproject&projectid=31

I'm thinking of using libsvgtiny for the svg conversion tool and cairo for all the vector rendering. The vector icon format will probably be iff based and have optional compression using either zlib or bzip2.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@salass00

You might find this helpful then: http://aminet.net/package/gfx/conv/svg2dr2d

Source is in NetSurf SVN under amiga/iff_dr2d.c (or something like that)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris

Trying to compile libsvgtiny (latest SVN version) I get the following output:
Quote:

/Projects/libsvgtiny> make
GPERF: src/colors.gperf
COMPILE: build-amiga-amiga-release-lib-static/src_colors.c
COMPILE: src/svgtiny.c
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
src/svgtiny.c: In function 'svgtiny_parse_text':
src/svgtiny.c:782: warning: implicit declaration of function 'strdup'
src/svgtiny.c:782: warning: nested extern declaration of 'strdup'
src/svgtiny.c:782: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
src/svgtiny.c: In function 'svgtiny_parse_color':
src/svgtiny.c:966: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
src/svgtiny.c: In function 'svgtiny_add_shape':
src/svgtiny.c:1165: warning: implicit declaration of function 'lroundf'
src/svgtiny.c:1165: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'lroundf'
gmake: *** [build-amiga-amiga-release-lib-static/src_svgtiny.o] Error 1
/Projects/libsvgtiny>

Any idea why this is?

This is with a fresh SDK install with only latest libxml2 from OS4Depot added. I've also tried cross-compiling it on cygwin which produces more or less the same result.

strdup() should be declared in string.h which is included from svgtiny.c so I don't see why it's complaining that it's not declared.

The weird thing is that I compiled it successfully in the weekend on my parents' ubuntu pc (without errors or warnings) only I didn't think to take this binary with me as I didn't think it would be a problem to compile it again.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@salass00

The main NetSurf source does it too (or used to) but it wasn't fatal there as warnings aren't treated as errors.

Try:
CFLAGS += -U__STRICT_ANSI__

If that works let me know and I'll modify the makefile. The other libraries I just took the "warnings are errors" thing out.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris

Quote:

Try:
CFLAGS += -U__STRICT_ANSI__

If that works let me know and I'll modify the makefile. The other libraries I just took the "warnings are errors" thing out.

That does solve the problem, thanks.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Why develop modules for a program that's no longer developed and won't even find radio stations to stream (like the TuneNet name implies). Wouldn't it be better for developers to turn their attention to an actively developed program like AmigaAMP and help expand that??

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

Quote:

Why develop modules for a program that's no longer developed and won't even find radio stations to stream (like the TuneNet name implies). Wouldn't it be better for developers to turn their attention to an actively developed program like AmigaAMP and help expand that??

1) TuneNet plugin API is open which means that:
a) Pretty much anyone can write a plugin for it.
b) AmigaAMP author can easily add support for TuneNet plugins if he wants to.

2) AmigaAMP is closed source and does not have any plugin API defined.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Screenshot from simple SVG viewer that I wrote to test the libsvgtiny and cairo functions:

Resized Image

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Salass00

Quote:
Screenshot from simple SVG viewer that I wrote to test the libsvgtiny and cairo functions:

Wow!! That looks like a useful tool on it's own, seeeing how many .svg graphics are available on the net.
A conversion tool for svg to dr2d (and vice versa) would be useful too.
I use black and white scans of kanji, converted to dr2d for use in Pagestream.
Any dr2d tools would be a big benefit.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Swoop

Quote:

Wow!! That looks like a useful tool on it's own, seeeing how many .svg graphics are available on the net.

I think I'll be redoing the svg.datatype with libsvgtiny instead. The libsvg/libsvg-cairo that current svg.datatype uses are old and no longer developed. Also libsvgtiny is much smaller as showsvg program currently is only about ~90kB while current svg.datatype is about ~160kB.

Edit:
Come to think of it, much of the size difference might be because libxml2 and cairo are dynamically linked in showsvg, while everything is linked statically in svg.datatype. Libsvgtiny is still a better choice though as it's still being developed as part of NetSurf project.

Quote:

A conversion tool for svg to dr2d (and vice versa) would be useful too.

If you look above you can see that Chris already linked to one such program that he's written and uploaded to aminet.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:
I think I'll be redoing the svg.datatype with libsvgtiny instead.

I'll just remind you about this:
http://www.openamiga.org/?function=viewproject&projectid=51

The basic template is there (the most recent changes make it crash though). It needs lots lots lots of work, I dig into it every now and then but if you're on a structured art binge and redoing datatypes then you might want to see if you can progress it a bit further.

Quote:
If you look above you can see that Chris already linked to one such program that he's written and uploaded to aminet.

You can also use NetSurf to convert SVG to DR2D, just load them up and select Project=>Save as=>IFF (or put them straight on the clipboard with Edit=>Copy)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

I just had a quick look at the source code (didn't compile it or anything yet). From what I understand it's the usage of libcairo.so that is causing problems? Have you tried adding "-Wl,--export-dynamic" option when linking?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:
I just had a quick look at the source code (didn't compile it or anything yet). From what I understand it's the usage of libcairo.so that is causing problems? Have you tried adding "-Wl,--export-dynamic" option when linking?

That was the Cairo-related crash. I can't remember if I tried that or not. The current crashing is something else though (I took Cairo out and decided to concentrate on the communication between the two parts)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
News: Curty is having a go at making a libsid2 based plugin, so finally we might be able to listen to sids with better sound!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@spotup

possibility to add hardware sid playback through catweazle installed sids??

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
something for spirantho i guess. i wouldn't mind! =)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I haven't given up on it yet, wrote the plugin and it was failing on decoding, then did some adjustments and it failed on opening the file!!!

I have a nice few Christmas weeks off soon so will spend as much time coding as I can.
I have updates planned for WiFiSignal, I have fixed a load of bugs in TheClue so will release this soon and I have started recompiling some of the TN plugins in the new SDK and using Newlib instead of CLIB.
I also plan to make/port some more visual plugins, get this bloody sidplay2 plugin working and find some more projects to work on.
Did I forget that I will eat lots of Turkey and drink as much beer as I can!!!

A1XE G4 800mhz,512mb,Radeon9200,SonyDRU-510A and 800a, Esi Juli@,Sil680,WiFi.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Would be nice with an update or 2 on the program aswell. Has the author left for good?

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Support for playback through actual SID chips on a CatWeasel would be awesome.

And what is the latest... Does streaming stations with TuneNet work through any current method?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 8 »