Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: New TuneNet on OS4.1
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Seems i havent said anything in this thread or im blind :)

Thanks Bean for this masterpiece :) Stable so far and love the notification.
A question. Is there anywhere in the gui where we can just copy/paste a URL to the stream we are listening to. I dont mean link to the page but to the actual stream. ANR has this. Its nice if you just want to share the url you are listening to with a friend.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@ikir

Quote:
Because sata cable don't have audio pins

Neither do PATA. The audio is a separate connector/cable and is working fine on the SAM here (with my slightly older PATA drive, rather than the SATA one which doesn't have an audio connector)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Kicko

Don't know if this is the solution you need, but I open slayradio's URL through the "open playlist" option. Just find your net-radio's .m3u file (or similar) and paste it in.

Or you meant copy the URL of some random station you tuned into through that list that tunenet search-generates by its own?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Bean

It's only me, or Tunenet can't handle some m3u ? (Just tryed first one, and have nothing in the list. I check that m3u file inside - classic one. If you in interest i can upload it somethere for tests).

And one more problem: when you listen radio, and swith from one to another, sometime it's a bit "jerky" by parts from previous station. I for first think that it's only for me, but today i read that review. And found there the same symptom as i have. There is part from that revies related to Tunenet:
===
"TuneNet makes nice use of the notification system and also the sound is much less quirky than before, especially when surfing. But when changing radio stations it plays some sounds from the previous station for a second after the newly selected have already started to play. This is not nice to listen by the people around, to whom I am showing my system."
===

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e

Isn't that due to the X-Fade feature?

If you go into Prefs and change X-Fade to Gapless or Simple it should cut out one before starting to play the next. Having said that, mine was set to gapless (default config) but I'm sure it has been X-Fading so there might be a bug there.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Eldritch

No matter if you choose a .pls file or a random station.
Its what the URL that is actually streamed.

For example deepmix128.pls contains 5 entries. One of these are played.
Say this is the real url: http://208.83.20.99:8040

That is what im interested in. I just copy and paste it into sabremsn or wookichat and gives a friend this url. He then copys that and pastes into "open URL" in the Tunenet menu.

Normally "tune info" have only url to the page and the user has to search that site.

Deep Mix Moscow Radio
http://www.deepmix.eu/

I hope i explained better this time :)

EDIT: I had to retype this text a second time as first time tunenet locked and also OWB. Couldnt do anything. No reaction. But SabreMSN and Wookiechat worked but slowly.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Kicko

Quote:
A question. Is there anywhere in the gui where we can just copy/paste a URL to the stream we are listening to. I dont mean link to the page but to the actual stream.

I'll put this in the info window with the next release.

Quote:
I had to retype this text a second time as first time tunenet locked and also OWB.

Not sure on this one, if you suspect TuneNet (you had a few things running) then you could try dropping the player priority in Prefs (restart TuneNet after doing this).

@kas1e

Quote:
It's only me, or Tunenet can't handle some m3u ? (Just tryed first one, and have nothing in the list. I check that m3u file inside - classic one. If you in interest i can upload it somethere for tests).

It's possible of course. Can you provide a link so I can investigate? Is it a stream list or local playlist?

Quote:
And one more problem: when you listen radio, and swith from one to another, sometime it's a bit "jerky" by parts from previous station. I for first think that it's only for me, but today i read that review. And found there the same symptom as i have.

I've never come across this issue in the hours and hours of music I've listened to, but you can try a few things:

1/ Increase the Buffer and Pre Buffer size in the Prefs Radio->General Tab. (For the next version you'll have more of a range on this as well).

2/ Try reducing the players priority a bit in the prefs (requires a TN restart at the moment I'm afraid).

As Chris mentioned, there is an XFade mode which will fade from one tune to another. By default TuneNet uses a gapless mode which always queues the next song up before closing the first. ..Or there is a simple mode which will stop the first song, then start the next.

Cheers,
Bean.

OS4.1 + an A1XE with an appetite for batteries!
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@bean
Quote:

It's possible of course. Can you provide a link so I can investigate? Is it a stream list or local playlist?

Local Playlist. I just do in Tunenet PROJECT/OPEN PLAYLIST, and have empty area. Directory to play list looks like this:
DH1:Music/mp3/Albert King - I'll Play The Blues For You (1972)/1972 - I'll Play The Blues For You.m3u.

Inside of file:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:440,Albert King - 01 . I'll Play The Blues For You
Albert King - 01 . I'll Play The Blues For You.mp3
#EXTINF:169,Albert King - 02 . Little Brother (Make A Way)
Albert King - 02 . Little Brother (Make A Way).mp3
#EXTINF:440,Albert King - 03 . Breaking Up Somebody's Home
Albert King - 03 . Breaking Up Somebody's Home.mp3
#EXTINF:177,Albert King - 04 . High Cost Of Loving
Albert King - 04 . High Cost Of Loving.mp3
#EXTINF:342,Albert King - 05 . I'll Be Doggone
Albert King - 05 . I'll Be Doggone.mp3
#EXTINF:278,Albert King - 06 . Answer To The Laundromat Blues
Albert King - 06 . Answer To The Laundromat Blues.mp3
#EXTINF:307,Albert King - 07 . Don't Burn Down The Bridge
Albert King - 07 . Don't Burn Down The Bridge.mp3
#EXTINF:263,Albert King - 08 . Angel Of Mercy
Albert King - 08 . Angel Of Mercy.mp3

m3u itself and all the files are --r-e-- bits.
If i just do PROJECT/OPEN MEDIA and just choice any mp3 in it - it works. If i mark all these mp3s and open - it works too. Just when i open m3u it does not works.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@bean

Paul, a lot of work has been put into the latest version of TuneNet, wow! I have rediscovered the beauty of Internet radios thanks to your program!

One small feature request, though: in the Preferences/Radio tab, could you possibly add a slider for setting the default number of stations to be scanned? The station I listen to most frequently, bassdrive.com, never gets among the first 100 and I always have to increase the number and scan again manually.

Thanks for all your efforts!

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)