Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 102

TheMagicSN, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 »
Re: Initial steps with AmiFig on aos4, version #7
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mr2

Looks like you found a bug with those GUI font settings. I tryed right now to set my default size of font not to 14, but to 16, and the same Font window not opens, and more of it , color window crashers with GR. If i for example set 20 size, then Zoom window completely lockup the OS :)

I fill up bug-report on SF for now

Edited by kas1e on 2010/9/19 14:19:13
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Did you found where is the problem with locale ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
AmiFig is really nice. Thanks
@all
Question: How do these functions work?
1) GET current settings from objects

2) GET current settings from objects

I expected this:
- i click on 1)
- i the click on a blue filled circle with red line
- i click on 2)
- i then click on an other circle (yellow with green line)

Nothing happens. I expected the second circle to change to blue with red contour.

If this is not its goal. How can the change above be realised?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
Not trying because imho better if it will do Yannick (i never works with localizations before)

@JosDuchIt
Its not my programm :) I only build os4 version and do few fixes, all the works in last time done by Yannick. Hope he can answer you soon in that thread :) In meanwhile you can check english/german guide, maybe you will found answer in it.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
if i for example set 20 size, then Zoom window completely lockup the OS :)

The same here....

@JosDuchIt

You have to be very accurate. Try to move pointer over border line and click.

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@mr2

That works OK

Thank you

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:

Looks like you found a bug with those GUI font settings. I tryed right now to set my default size of font not to 14, but to 16, and the same Font window not opens, and more of it , color window crashers with GR. If i for example set 20 size, then Zoom window completely lockup the OS :)

I just returned from vacation and have been working on this problem in my copy of AmiFig. The problem boils down to GadTools and fonts. GadTools is not automatically "font sensitive" like Reaction & MUI. Some GadTools gadgets will simply overwrite the gadget/window borders if the font is too large but Integer gadgets will simply fail to be created and cause the window not to open.
There are only 2 solutions:
1. Create your own font sensitivity which is extremely complicated and next to impossible for the number of windows that AmiFig uses.
2. Limit the gadget font size to a reasonable setting. The easy solution.

Most of the AmiFig windows use a height of 20 which allows for a font size of 18, which is reasonably readable. However the Font and Print windows had the Integer gadget windows set to a height of 16 which causes the winows not to open if the font size is greater than 14. I changed those windows to use the same Integer gadget height as the other windows and adjusted the gadget spacing and window size for a good display. The final step would be to limit the font size to 18 to avoid failures. Currently, the program simply uses the screen font for gadgets. Some code needs to be added in the program startup to check the screen font size and open a smaller size for gadget use if the screen font is too large for AmiFig. With the fixes I made to the print and fonts windows the font size can be as large as 18 throughout the program I believe.

Do you want me to send you the fixed font and print windows??

P.S. Printing doesn't seem to work yet with OS4 but that's another issue.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic

Yes of course, send me plz, and i will try to contact with Yannick, and point on your answer. Imho idea with limit are better (because of easy realisation).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
O.K. I'll check out the sources before sending the files so I'll be sure that they are based on the current SVN code. Adding those files should put the max font size the same for all AmiFig windows. I think the max for all windows will then be 18. A 16 font looks pretty good but 18 is a little large (but works). Until a change is made to the startup to check for a max fontsize, a simple solution is to set the fontsize in the first tab of the preferences window and save the prefs. For the existing release the max is probably 12 or 14. If you add my updated files the max should be 18.

I'll include my updated scripts too. I fixed the CallFig2Dev script to strip any screen or program names from the AmiFig export arguments so that Fig2Dev will work properly. The CopyToPAR script copies the PrintPS output to a file because some OS4 computers (SAM) don't have a parallel port.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic

Yannick submit rev200, where he do some fixes related to fonts in gadtools fields. I not send him your changes-code at moment, because very possible that he fix it already. If you have few free minuts, maybe you can build rev200 and test if all is ok with that revision ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic

I test latest bulds, and Yannick fix all the problems with that "gui font bigger than". Also he fix the problems with crash when library not present, and so on. So new release are soon.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Locale should be fixed too, eventually please send me a bin to try (before release it officially)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Test is plz (archive here). If everything ok, i will upload it on os4depot

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

All seems ok, catalogs are loaded correctly too

Please use this new italian catalog linked below as the old one have some minor problems:

http://www.2shared.com/uploadComplete.jsp?sId=uhwBoVmGvZvIqvdo

P.S.
There is a minor issue in "Page format" textarea (prefs --> DISPLAY tab)

The content are always hidden since you try to select the content with the mouse

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Quote:

Please use this new italian catalog linked below as the old one have some minor problems:

Replaced :)

Quote:

P.S.
There is a minor issue in "Page format" textarea (prefs --> DISPLAY tab)

Yeah, i will report to Yannick (for the next builds). Right now will replace your catalog file and upload on os4depot.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all

New version on os4depot, new since last release:

-- Added Polish/French catalogs , corrected Iltalian catalog
-- Reworked integer and string fields to be at least 20 pixel high.
-- Fonts for GUI higher than 18 points are not opened (18 points font opened instead), as os4 crashes if GUI font is bigger than gadtool field.
-- Added new Manu's themes
-- Reworked "about" window, included XFIG copyright info and Manus logo.png
-- Corrected bug in Export Bitmap window (Antialising gadget)
-- Corrected drawing corruptions after increasing gadget heights
-- Reduced some string length to fit GUI
-- MyBitmap.class now supports alpha channel
-- Added error messages about missing libraries
-- Fixed crash on exit if some library are not present
-- Removed bug in font window (requester displayed 2 times)
-- Preference window now opens at first request also after saving prefs / reopening AmiFIG
-- few other fixes and addons

All the work is done by Yannick for this update, i only report some issues and fix some os4related thinks, and Xenic update a aos4 related scripts. Also few users on amigans.net help to found some of bugs (mh2 and other:) ).

Enjoy!

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Replaced :)

Quote:
Yeah, i will report to Yannick (for the next builds). Right now will replace your catalog file and upload on os4depot.

That's fine, maybe later i will send a mail to him asking about this

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all

New version on os4depot, new since last:

-- Mouse wheel support for zoom in/out when main window are active on OS4
-- Slight improvement in free hand driving (disable mouse wheel while freehand mode is active)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Thanks for the upload!

It appears that when you run AmiFIG on a 256-colour screen, the Tools and Modes toolbox icons disappear. The AmiFIG logo in the About window is not displayed, either. In 16- and 32-bit modes everything works fine.

When I add a text object and then try to move it around (using the Move Objects tool), AmiFIG leaves mess (text artifacts) on the canvas wherever the mouse pointer moves. Although the mess will disappear if you update the canvas, it makes it difficult to position the text properly because the artifacts overdraw the picture and get in the way.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
Sorry it took so long to respond; I was working on another program. It looks like most of the GUI font problems were fixed to some extent. However, the gadget labels use the Screen font while the "area" labels (such as "Lines", "Boxes" & "Arrows" in the Attributes window) use the system default font. Possibly that won't affect the AROS version if the system default font can't be changed. OS4 prefs let you change the system default font & size which can create overlapped text in some AmiFig windows. The only way to deal with those issues in a GadTools program is to redesign all the windows & gadgets to some maximum screen & system default font size. The windows need to be a little bigger with more spacing between gadgets. If I were working on the program I would open a monospaced font instead of using the system default for the "area" labels. That way the screen font size could also be used for the monospaced font (both the same size) and the GUI could be midified to accomodate the max allowed size for gadgets & area labels without overlapping labels & strings.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 »