Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
77 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 76

afxgroup, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 »
warpos on x1000
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Is the warpos wrapper from os4depot supposed to work on X1000?? Because I can't get it working. Even just a simple OpenLibrary on "powerpc.library" doesn't work. Sad...

Go to top
Re: warpos on x1000
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I don't know why, but the powerpc.library is *not* processor agnostic. So - no WarpOS emulation with X1000. I'm not sure about the 460ex systems, though...

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
It's the same for 460ex, the library don't work on it

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Would be great if they would get it supported for the 460 and x1000, there are to many people now who cant play warpos games and apps.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
warpos.library is not in develop for last few years, and seems author do not care about it anymore. So better to write a new one, from scratch.

The faster someone will start to do it, the faster we will have normal warpos support where we can add all the hacks for "bad" warpos programms. There is no more any new warpos apps/games/demos, so it even will be possible to make a table of hacks right in the library to support all the old stuff. I.e. just like done on mos.

@alfkil
You for sure right person to start a task (i can be betatester as usuall:) ). Frank (vbcc author) can help pretty much with ideas and suggestions , as he know warpos very well, and he help me with warpos related problems a lot back in times. He even find out few bugs in os4's warpos.library year ago, and report them, and they wasn't fixed as author do not care anymore. There is that thread.

So, new and opensource version of warpos.library for os4 its only way to have something done in that front. 3 years of silence can point out on the facts pretty well.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

I agree with you, Alfkil is surely skilled enough for that pourpose, however as faster alternative we can also try to contact Joerg asking for the current source, then starting from that we can easily add all the fix needed ..

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
Quote:

however as faster alternative we can also try to contact Joerg asking for the current source, then starting from that we can easily add all the fix needed

:)) Aha. We also can try to ask Santa to give us something else :) I mean it is unreal. We all try many times to ask it (i personally send few mails). As well as i remember how hard it was to get RA-OWB sources.

So better be realists, and start new one from scratch and make it opensource just from the begining. Or it will die the same as Joerg's one after a while.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
) I have nothing againts the idea of starting a new library from scratch, i suggest that only because i think it's not an easy task even for a pretty good programmer like Alfkil ... aniway

@Alfkil

Do you ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Of course it not easy, but it's far easy in compare with sending mails and waiting years, right as we done now: 3 years of asking about fixes in warpos emulation as well as asking about status of it. Common :) You know all of this already and you remember all the situation with ra-owb. New one only way imho.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Yep ok.. let's see now what Alfkil say

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
One more person who can do it for sure, its Frank, but i am not sure if he in interst to do such a task (probably he is not). But what is for sure, is that he can provide all the kind of details about warpos support. He know every single register and every single problem in it (i know it because of how he explain all of this in our mails when i annoy him with lame questions, and that he make a warpos support in his vbcc as well).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Can you send him a mail now ?
So atleast (considering that Alfkil is here too) we can use this thread for further discussions

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
Done.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Ok, crossing fingers as usual

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I talked to Frank back in the days when I was doing the wosira disassembler, and it seems, he does not even own os4.1. So I think he is out of the game. Of course he can always help with knowledge, but I don't think he will write a new library.

I might do it, but at the moment I am swamped with projects (Qt and db101). Also I just had eye surgery, so I am not even supposed to be in front of a computerscreen right now...

EDIT: Another possibility of course is to disassemble all wos games and apps with wosira and rewrite the system calls to not use powerpc.library. This should actually not be so hard, only time consuming.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@alfkil
PM for you

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Amigo1

Responded :)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
This thread is very interesting, so at least we can have a new working library that will be able to handle all hyperion's games?? so i can finally test HereticII and Shogo on Amiga OS 4.1 since time of the Micro AmigaOne and Amiga OS 4.0..

As usual fingers crossed..

Go to top
Anonymous
Quote:
warpos.library is not in develop for last few years, and seems author do not care about it anymore. So better to write a new one, from scratch.

Can we set a bounty? Can we get the source of previous library? Backward compatibility needs to be better at least with old PPC apps and games.

Edit: there is suggested bounty Bounty

Any interested developers and any ideas how much money it would be worth?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:

samo79 wrote:
It's the same for 460ex, the library don't work on it

It's weird, because the 440 and 460 are basically the same processor.

@kas1e
Quote:

:)) Aha. We also can try to ask Santa to give us something else :) I mean it is unreal. We all try many times to ask it (i personally send few mails). As well as i remember how hard it was to get RA-OWB sources.

So better be realists, and start new one from scratch and make it opensource just from the begining. Or it will die the same as Joerg's one after a while.

Didn't Alinea "sponsor" the powerpc.library (because it died after about the first release). Maybe they have the source code?

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 »