Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Double-click problem back
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I had this problem a year ago. Severin solved it for me in July 2014, but last month I wiped out the Amiga disk on my X1000 completely and have been working to reinstall everything, with only limited success. Last year I was using DOpus in WBR mode, but since FE appeared I went back to running DOpus and Workbench simultaneously. DOpus worked just the same as it had been, until I killed everything.

My problem was/is that after making a double-click file type for PDF files, clicking on any file viewed as Name brought up AmiPDF and if it wasn't really a PDF file, an error message. (Files viewed as Icon worked as they should.) I have made a PDF FileType again, and again it is trouble. I printed out the FileTypes chapter from DOpus55.pdf and studied it hard, but can't find a hint as to what I did wrong.

Severin sent me a replacement that worked right, along with a bunch of other FileTypes, but I was never clever enough to figure out what was different about it. I had reason to suspect that it wasn't my PDF FileType that was bad after all, but some other FileType in my batch. However, I have currently Stored all the FileTypes except PDF, and it still doesn't work, so my suspicion must have been wrong.

Help!

Go to top
Re: Double-click problem back
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Email resent...

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Re: Double-click problem back
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Severin

Aha! If the email I just replied to was from you (I guess I had forgotten your non-alias?), I see you dropped two lines from you PDF filetype.

Anyway, thanks again (and again). I obviously can't get along without you.

Go to top

Register To Post