Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 109

walkero, ddni, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »
Re: Resolving issues
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Xenic
I will put back dopus5.org server that week, so we will have overnigh compiles again.

As for new release, yeah, probably we can do it in next week as well, i will keep you informed on SF as usual

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

nice :)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
Thanks.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic
I renew dopus5.org for one more year, and order server for overnigh compiles, probably tomorrow they will give me that server and i can setup all the stuff.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Nice

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
http://dopus5.org are back now with fresh overnigh compiles, currently os3 and os4 versions (i works on making mos and aros cross-compilers works as well), but in meanwhile anyone interested plz give it a go, as we soon have plans to release next major version.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Nice!
Is there any changelog, and non-debug build?

Do these version work with the latest MUI now? I forgot the status about this...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Deniil
Quote:

Is there any changelog, and non-debug build?

Current changelog:
https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allami ... HEAD/tree/trunk/ChangeLog

As for non-debug build: when we will make public release (soon) it will be of course debug-free, with included changelog inside and co. We choice to not make nightly betas without debug, as main purpose of the nighly builds is to do tests, and its always better to have from users normal debug outputs.

Quote:

Do these version work with the latest MUI now? I forgot the status about this...

Yep, it fixed by Xenic in r1077 4-5 months ago. If you in interest you can check code-change for that commit there: https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/code/1077/

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
What I really would like to see in a new release would be a tip message over the buttons. This would help a lot the occasinal users like me. I do not use the buttons because I'm not sure on what is their functionality. This limit a lot the experince. Hope this is not a really heavy modification.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ilbarbax
Yeah, with bubble-help things can be better, and i even think about it from begining, but Itix says its pretty hard. There is relevant part of his answer 2 years ago:

Quote:

Some of features are fairly easy and some need quite lot coding like bubble helps.

Bubble helps are certainly "hardcore" stuff. But it remains to be seen if existing DOpus code can be used there.

But i anyway add it to feature request: https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/featurerequests/28/
maybe someone-someday :)

Anyway, usually all the users should setup their own buttons, and put actions they need on. Default configs (and that include config of buttons), come just to have anything by default which works. But it always better that every user setup their own configs, buttons, panels, etc.

In meantime if you want to use that default setup which come with our archive, then you can go to the buttons settings, to see what button what mean. Sure, not bubble-helps , but at least you can know what and where.

Edited by kas1e on 2015/8/26 13:46:13
Edited by kas1e on 2015/8/26 13:51:50
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic or kas1e

Any idea when the ADPro fix will filter through into the dailies? If it's in the 25th or 26th builds then it's not working for me.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin
In 25 and 26th builds it was same rev 1079 (to know what revision is for future, you can check os4_build.txt, and at end of file it contain revision number, currently it "BUILD SVN VERSION IS: rev.1079").

Fix for ADPro was in the r0178, so should be in already ..

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Ok, I'll try it again starting from dopus instead of my own program and see if it makes a difference.

Can the revision number be included in the archive filename?. It would make it a lot easier to revert when trying to track down when something caused a problem and if there's space on the server allow older builds to be stored instead of being overwritten.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Severin
The freeze that occurred in dopus5.library is fixed. That was an important fix because the freeze could also occur any time the OS activated the Dopus5 low memory handler. The freeze you are seeing now is an ADPro problem. ADPro only works on OS4 if it is started as a Workbench program. If you try to run it from a shell it will freeze the system whether Dopus5 is running or not.

So far my testing shows that it works under these circumstances:
If you start it with a double-click on Workbench.
If you change directories to the ADPro directory in a shell and enter "wbrun ADPro".
If you select the Dopus5 "Execute Command..." menu and enter "wbrun ADPro" (possibley with a complete path to the program).
If you select ADPro in a lister and run it with a buttom set to use the DOpus5 RUN command.
If you create an IconX script to start ADPro with the wbrun command and double-click on the startup script instead of the ADPro binary.

As soon as I get time, I will try to determine why the RUN command in a button works but double-clicking ADPro in a lister does not. In the meantime you can use one of the workarounds mentioned above.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
The bugfix for the Dopus5 freeze works and was not just a fix for running ADPro. Other programs or the OS could activate the Dopus5 low memory handler and cause the freeze as well.

I don't think a problem with a defective program (at least on OS4) should prevent a release. ADPro also throws a DSI and brings up a Grim Reaper when you quit the program. If I can determine why double-clicking ADPro runs it as a shell program instead of as a Workbench program like a RUN button apparently does, we can include that in another release. For now I'm somewhat burnt out on programming and want to do some other stuff.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Severin
Quote:
Can the revision number be included in the archive filename?. It would make it a lot easier to revert when trying to track down when something caused a problem and if there's space on the server allow older builds to be stored instead of being overwritten.

The revision number is in the compile text. Just put it in the comment for the archive file (easy to do with Dopus) when you D/L it.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

Yeah, got it on a toolbar starting in workbench mode now.
Flakey as hell and A lot of bits don't work but the functions I use the most are fine. THANK YOU!

The Dopus low memory handler should never kick in on my machine, I rarely have less than a gig of ram free. Personally I'd remove it (or optionally disable it via a tooltype/envvar) for the OS4 builds and let OS4 handle low memory situations.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Severin
Quote:
The Dopus low memory handler should never kick in on my machine, I rarely have less than a gig of ram free. Personally I'd remove it (or optionally disable it via a tooltype/envvar) for the OS4 builds and let OS4 handle low memory situations.

Activating program low memory handlers is one of the ways OS3 & OS4 handle low memory situations. Recovering program memory and flushing unused libraries/devices was probably a lot more useful on an unexpanded classic Amiga than on NG machines with lots of memory.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

Yeah, I know what they do etc., it just seems pointless keeping them active for machines with a minimum of 512mb (ok, maybe a few with 256mb still) when the program was designed to run on 2mb+2mb systems and 2mb+16mb was shear luxury.

Far better to crash and burn due to low memory than to crash and burn because something incorrectly thinks memory is low.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
It that why my machine always locks up when I go below 6-700MB free mem perhaps?!?

Please disable if it cannot calculate correctly, or execute correctly.

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »