Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 117

MartinW, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »
Re: Still interested in Huno's games ?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TiredOfLife

maybe it was while i updated mui, im not sure if i did.. but i always try to update system and programs before i start using it. so i might be mui, if it was an amiupdate install

Sam460ex 2GB 120Gb SSD&1Tb HD7750 Envy24HT A-Eon Drv 2.10+Warp3D New Uboot
Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@noXLar

Yeah, it was an update offered by amiupdate.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@noXLar

The last batch of Sam460ex boards and all the new Sam460cr come with the fan . Do you have the freezing if you boot from the OS 4.1FE CD ? As my (from the last batch) Sam460ex is quite stable running OS 4.1 FE (with cpu fan connected) I am more prone to suspect a hardware issue than an OS one especially when using a clean OS version when booting from the OS 4.1 FE CD.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TiredOfLife

okay.. maybe it was mui then.. have the fixed this mui error?

Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Spectre660

yes, i have been participated in this talk about cpu fan on different forum, so I'm aware cr have it.. but still, i got it 2012 and i have really pressed the cpu, and i have also one time did a 150 gig transfer over ftp, it worked for days.. but off course i could try cpu fan, it is only good for the cpu.

Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@noXLar

Quote:
how well does Warp3D use the gpu?

The GPU isn't being used to its full potential, but Warp3D drivers do provide working 3D today. That was the goal of this project; to end the long wait for 3D support with something that's usable.

With Warp3D, tasks such as Transformation, Clipping & Lighting (TCL) are done on the CPU rather than letting the GPU take care of that.** This extra load on the CPU reduces the speed at which it can send commands and geometry to the GPU to render. We also don't have GART support yet, so that further reduces the transfer speed to the GPU. So, Warp3D will struggle to feed the GPU fast enough to keep it busy. This is one reason why increasing the resolution has little to no effect on the frame-rate.

At the end of the day Warp3D is a very old API that was designed back when 3D accelerators were pretty basic. It would be unrealistic to expect it to achieve maximum performance with modern hardware.

While the GPU may not be used to its maximum potential, it's more than adequate for existing 3D software. More modern 3D will come later; for now, it's just great to have working 3D with modern cards.

Hans

** NOTE: Warp3D itself doesn't do TCL; that's the job of MiniGL, or Warp3D applications themselves.

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Hans

thank you for that easy explanation. agree, this give us something to play with, looking at all warp3d releases over the years and feeling left out. so this is great day in amiga land.. thank you for all your hard work.

one more question regarding compatibility, i know there are issues regarding different cpu with some games, but is warp3d HD 100% compatible with existing software if you have compatible cpu that the software require?

Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@noXLar

Quote:
one more question regarding compatibility, i know there are issues regarding different cpu with some games, but is warp3d HD 100% compatible with existing software if you have compatible cpu that the software require?

Not quite 100%. There are one or two obscure features that aren't implemented (e.g., chroma test, which has rarely been used). There are also a few old programs that demand a big-endian 16-bit screenmode, which Southern Islands cards don't support, but that isn't a Warp3D issue.

The vast majority of Warp3D software should work, especially if it uses MiniGL.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@noxlar
Maybe your freezes was on the dopus5 screens after updating mui ? I mean that: click

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@noXLar

No the problem still seems to be their.
I reverted back and have been fine since.
Noticed it in particular with wookiechat.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Hans

that's is good enough:) for me now, a new world have just been opened for me with warp3d, actually, i have never even seen warp3d in action

i should take the time and fix my amiga, but I'm leaving for work tomorrow, 4 weeks away from home. but i shall collect as much information as i can while away and do something about it when i come home again.

thank you for your hard work, this comes just in time:)

Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

hmm, maybe your right. dopus5 is one of the most important program i have, so it may be the reason, but the freeze will come after 5 min or 10 min.. always within an hour, and i don't have to do any thing, not moving the mouse at all. this is a clean FE + 85% of the extra stuff the os4 come with. and maybe, mui and dopus5 was there, i can't remember.. but nothing more

in case of fire, i didn't use the same hardrive for FE, so i still have my ssd with os4.1.6 that still worked great. the new drive was a mechanical drive

Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TiredOfLife

okay.. i sure somebody is working on that bug.

Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@K-L

Quote:
* Do you play Huno's game ?

I don't do much gaming these days anymore :-s but I've tried out some of the Huno games, and I've read about most of them when launched.

Quote:
* What could refrain you from playing or using Huno's games/apps ?

Free time, work and I don't play computer games like I did when I was younger (I prefer coding nowadays when time permits)...

Quote:
* Are you still interested in gaming projects from Huno?

Hell YES, of course!!! And thanks for all Huno's hard work he has put into all these games :)

AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
http://m4rko.com/AMIGA
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Yes I am interested in Huno's ports, but I have not really had the time to play them, since I do so much else.

But I have bought his DVD and donated a few times and most likely will again.

His work is much appreciated and he should be told every now and then.

Alien Air Attack

SAM440@733 mhz as main amiga.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@K-L
Yes, I'm interested in the Huno games, although now I'm using MorphOS and here sometimes I play to 1941.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Has Huno made any forum posts recently (anywhere)?

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ddni

Latest news from him was about the imminent release of the new FinalBurn (2015/2/23)

http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... t_id=95835#forumpost95835

But then he disappear and didn't release it yet

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
well I can hopefully finally start to enjoy Huno's Game DVD once my ordered Radeon HD7950 arrives in the mail thanks to Hans/ A-Eon new driver

I must admit I was almost willing to wait it out for Hans to finish the 6 series driver fro my HD 6850 but as always happens with my Amiga stuff I'M JUST TOO IMPATIENT

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I just noticed a newer version of Star Trek Voyager Holodeck on Hunos site. I was using release 2 and had corruption in menus and some artifacts around the phaser. This new update fixes those issues and seems faster. Perhaps you all have this new version already? http://hunoppc.amiga-projects.net/con ... rtrek-voyager-elite-force

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »