Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Dopus5 call for test: fix of mui freezes
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Lately some users report that with release of latest mui4, everyone who tried to open any mui app on the dopus5 screen have a freeze. So smf make a bz for mui, Thore found that culpit is the dopus5, and xenic do initial fixes of it, which, are available now on the dopus5.org.

Plz, everyone who in interest do some tests.

We also need someone who can check os3 dopus5 with the latest MUI release on classic hardware. If there will be a same problem, xenic may try to attempt a fix for OS3 Dopus5 too.

Thanks

Go to top
Re: Dopus5 call for test: fix of mui freezes
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e
Tested quick Odyssey, YAM, IBrowse and they work. No freezes.
(OS4.1 FE on X1000)

Thanks

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Sorry for using this thread to ask this question but it's related to DOpus 5 and you seem to use it a lot so you might know. Might've been asked many times so sorry for that too.

Anyway, is the issue fixed when you unarchive a file and the protection are defaulted on files (or so it seems) instead of defaulting to the way it was when they where archived? It's the only thing missing for me making me still use DOpus 4 (which is still excellent as well).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TearsOfMe
Thanks for check!

@hotrod
Sorry, i don't have it by hands now so can't check. But if there is bug, and it is still here, plz report it at https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/bugs/

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Kas1e

Tested with YAM and OWB on Peggy II as well ..No freezes!! Thank you!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
No need to test. Dopus5 XADOpen works fine and displays the contents of an archive in a new lister with correct protection bits. XADExtract also opens a new lister but extracts the files with incorrect protection bits. It's better to use the XAD commands directly for extraction. AmigaDOS "SYS:C/xadUnFile {f} {d}" works correctly and extracts to the current destination lister instead of opening a new one. There's no point in trying to change that 3rd party add-on XADOpus module when a better alternative exists.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@hotrod
Don't use the Dopus5 builtin XADExtract command. Set your archive filetypes and/or buttons to use AmigaDOS "SYS:C/xadUnFile {f} {d}" instead. That has the added advantage of extracting the archive to your current destination lister instead of opening a new one.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic
So its bug in xadopus.module's XADExtract command ? Probably worth to note it to bugzilla anyway, as by default i configure dopus5 (release archives i mean) to use xadopus.module, so all users on all platforms have by default use of xadopus.module.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

From what I've experienced it always sets all files to +rwed which might be fine till you get a script-file that won't run for example. At least here that's how it works and I've heard that it's a known bug?

Anyway, I was just wondering if it was fixed yet because other than that it's an excellent port and very nice to use . It's almost perfect for my needs except for that so I do hope that it'll get fixed eventually. Also thanks for the tip for getting the files listed in the same lister, perfect for me .

Happy easter!

EDIT: I missunderstood the part about showing files in the same lister, but it's still a nice suggested workaround so thanks for that!

Edited by hotrod on 2015/4/3 12:40:58
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Well done everyone involved!

I did test the latest 68k build with mui4.0-2015r1 and i have no problems there so a fix might not be needed there, but maybe this is bad behaviour that should be fixed anyway if possible?

I'm happy as long as it doesn't give me any problems.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

What was the bug? How could Dopus5 affect MUI in that way?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Deniil
Check this out: https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/bugs/52/

There all info about bug and how xenic deal with (and why it was here at all)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post