Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
85 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 85

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

MUIdev.de
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi tboeckel,

Ready to sent upload, but trying to login the site, I get the following error,

"Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates."

Go to top
Re: MUIdev.de
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Pfft, ignore me, damn battery clock thinks its new years day again.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Add:

date server pool.ntp.org port 123 >nil:
setclock save

to your s:network-startup script.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Not one to promote my own software , but I wrote yFacts for this issue. Just stick it in WBStartUp and forget about it (it takes the server config out of Time Prefs.. not sure what it does if that is empty, can't remember).

Edited by Chris on 2015/1/19 22:39:24
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Severin

Quote:
date server pool.ntp.org port 123 >nil:
setclock save
Or even simpler:

date server prefs
setclock save

- provided you have just once set the time server details on the second tab of Time prefs and saved the settings.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nbache

Quote:
- provided you have just once set the time server details on the second tab of Time prefs and saved the settings.

We are talking about someone who starts their username with 'dj', can't spell 'Ricky' AND lives in or near Grimsby...

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Severin

Hey, you know me, naïve enough to believe anybody can learn new tricks

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
EDIT: Removed the joke since it wasn't taken in the way it was intended. Apologies to djrikki.

Edited by ChrisH on 2015/1/21 13:31:36
Edited by ChrisH on 2015/1/21 18:27:03
Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Well as per usual there is something wrong with AmigaOS. I already have a time server specified in Time prefs, clearly its trying to grab the time before the tcp/ip stack is ready and doesn't just auto-retry moments later. Yfacts would be unnecessary if stuff just worked as advertised.

@all hohoho, butt of some jokes tonight it would seem, how very drool.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@djrikki

Even if you have a time server specified it doesn't background check/correct the time. That's why you need the line in network-startup (for a single check on boot, after the TCP/IP stack starts up) or yFacts (which runs more like the time service you get on Windows or Linux, and checks in the background).

As you say, it's something which should be part of the OS.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Okay, I've gone and installed Yfacts seen as though losing time has become such an annoyance.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@djrikki

Whilst software to sync your time is useful, it didn't ought be drifting that much. Perhaps replace the battery?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Might clock has read the year as 2089 and 1989 in the past so yeah the battery definitely needs replacing. However that's a lot (pardon the pun) of time and effort to get it repaired when software will suffice. Thats my only concern. If I ever go to LAG again perhaps someone will gladly fix it for me!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@djrikki

Replacing the battery is something that takes about one minute. Removing the case screws takes most of the time. But replacing a CR2032 battery is really no rocket science.

While we are at it and now that the vanishing button images issue from ticket #133 is fixed, would you please confirm whether ticket #132 is still valid? I asked you several times by now to provide a working (on AmigaOS3) Listtree demo, but all my recent requests went by unanswered/unnoticed and so far you uploaded non-working versions only.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
#132 Yes this is still valid, its a separate issue unrelated to #133. All my ListTrees (even Odyssey, see Bookmark amanager) are missing the square -/+ symbol/con next to the Nodes perhaps other users here on Amigans can check for themselves and report back their findings.

Yes, regarding #133, its not that it has gone unnoticed, there wasn't much to say on it- I checked the code last night and couldn't find anything wrong with brush 21. I will recompile in its current state (maybe I missed something) and send you it in time for the weekend.

Go to top

Register To Post