Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

prism2 and OS4.1FE
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Has anybody managed to get the prism2.device wirless driver working under Final Edition?
WirelessManager here doesn't show a page of text like it used to, so I think it's not working properly, and I never get an IP address.

Go to top
Re: prism2 and OS4.1FE
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Chris

works like a charm on my peg2 running FE. which version are you using? did you remember to edit network-startup to call wirelessmanager after you installed FE? did you remember to restore your ENVARC:Sys/Wireless.prefs after you installed FE? when you force the roadshow to restart, what output do you get?

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@eliyahu

Yes, new install of prism2 from the latest archive, wireless.prefs edited to be same as it was previously, wirelessmanager added to network-startup.

If I run wirelessmanager manually it gives no output. If I send a ctrl-c to the copy started up during startup it DSIs. If I force Roadshow to restart it I just get configuring... and then eventually it times out.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris
The latest prism2 (v2) drivers work fine for me on my X1000 with OS4.1 FE. I am using it with one of these (albiet with manually updated firmware, as you may recall) :
http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/c ... _info.php?products_id=158

I didn't know that WirelessManager shows a page of text, because I run it from my S:Network-Startup as the installation instructions advise:
Run <>NIL: C:WirelessManager prism2.device

You may wish to create a new "Wireless.prefs" file, by executing this command from the Shell:
wpa_passphrase "Your SSID Name" "Your Password" >ENVARC:Sys/Wireless.prefs

For some reason this command isn't installed by the installer, but it IS included in the installation archive (for use by the installer). So just copy it to your Sys:C folder first.

P.S. Beware that the WiFiSignal utility does not work with the v2 driver, and in fact crashes my machine.

P.P.S. Make sure you are not running the "SetPrism2Defaults" command in a start-up script somewhere, as that was removed for the v2 drivers, and I have NO idea if it will stop the v2 drivers from working.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@ChrisH

Wow. That was so long ago I'd forgotten it was broken!

I only use it at ANT so I'll try it out again if/when I make it back down there.

Go to top

Register To Post