Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
125 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 124

Raziel, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Final Edition safe?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thought I'd ask before I cause myself trouble:

Will installing OS4.1FE do anything bad to my DOps5 configuration? Any adjustments needed?

Go to top
Re: Final Edition safe?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I don't know what dependencies DOpus5 has, but keep these points in mind:

1) Final Edition should be installed on a clean (formatted) partition, so if you are re-using your existing Sys: partition, and DOpus is there, or DOpus libraries, preferences, etc., they would be erased.

2) If DOpus5 is installed on a partition with JXFS filesystem, that filesystem is not supported and should be re-created using FFS or SFS.

3) As a general rule of course, backup anything you don't want to risk losing.

Sam460 : X1000 : X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I backed up my existing System partition before installing FE this weekend. I was glad to see that, after restoring my RadeonHD driver first, I was able to simply restore my DOpus5 drawer and everything worked as before. So far I have observed no problems, anyway. I have also been busy restoring various utilities I use such as WarpView and other things.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@logicalheart

Thanks. That's the kind of advice I was hoping to get. I suppose it's in the FE install directions, which I always read anyway, but nice to know in advance.

Go to top

Register To Post