Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
154 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 152

walkero, Templario, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Youtube on AmiCygnix's NetSurf
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt

I only copy Japanese into windows that I know will display it. Odyssey does that, always displaying Japanese e-mail etc. correctly.

Normally I can copy and paste from such documents to the search (google) bar and get Japanese google results. I can sometimes manage very short simple replies to e-mail in Japanese by copying the needed characters from the document I'm replying to. Otherwise I write out fully via Gate2Home and copy and paste from there to the text I am writing. Yestereday none of that copying was working.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kilaueabart

Did you tried my Qt/SMtube installation checklist that I posted ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@zzd10h

I've been working on it. I downloaded "minimal" late last night, but didn't do anything with it until an hour ago.

But a key thing in your list was

3) go in Prefs/Qt and check "Native Paint Engine" in Painting tab to avoid to use OpenGL.

That alone enabled me to run smtube without crashing, and actually view some videos, although at least one has been problematical. (See below.)

I had already done 2) unless I am missing something. Presumably you're talking about

libQtCore.so 5401172 ----rwed 10-Sep-13 07:18:36

I have just now tried to follow 4), but it isn't clear to me where in PlayVideo.rexx I'm supposed to put

APPDIR:ffmpeg -i "input.m4a" -b:a 128k "output.MP3"

I put it just above where it says "Don't modify below these lines," but I haven't retested yet.

I'm using an X1000; I have no idea what "overlay" is. I'll probably try the Liveforit MPlayer just to see what happens anyway.

When I run smtube, there is a list of videos. The first is "The mysterious floating orb," and the audio is crazy, repeating a couple of staccato syllables over and over. The other videos I tried worked fine.

Meanwhile, I have no clear idea of whether Odyssey is using smtube for youtube or not. I tried playing one of my daughter's So Last Century Stringband pieces, and for sure those have never come out better. But when I put the URL in the requester at the bottom of the smtube list and called it up that way, it played much too fast.

I can't shake the feeling that it is a bit silly to install about 1G of code just to view an occasional Youtube.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)