Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 104

MickJT, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »
Re: Lack of progress
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Fairdinkem
Quote:
... I sincerely hope that Timberwolf has not been shelved because of Oddysey.

No, Timberwolf has not been shelved. There just isn't such an urgent need to work on it now that most people are using Odyssey. There is a more urgent need to get the X5000 shipped right now.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hope the X5000 launch goes well and generates the revenue stream needed to reward devs and investors.

From a purely selfish personal point of view, the urgent need for me is to get full HW (A-Eon project) and OS (Hyperion project) support for my X1000.

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ddni
Quote:
Hope the X5000 launch goes well and generates the revenue stream needed to reward devs and investors. From a purely selfish personal point of view, the urgent need for me is to get full HW (A-Eon project) and OS (Hyperion project) support for my X1000.

make that another selfish guy then

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
What is urgent for me and many other Amigans is that update 7 or os4.2 with 3D support will be avaible soon........

Sam460ex
Os4.1 Final Edition
2GB Fast Memory
envy 24 HT sound card
HD R9 TRIX 280X 3GO GDDR5
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ddni

Ah yes, ddni, I agree. It's not be selfish it's only to wait a standard consumer service from the company who sold you your x1000 saying that full hardware support "works in progress"

Drivers should be there but another projects are launched in the same time and, us, single customers are not informed even when we ask for the advancement.

SSolie :
We are geeks too, why not send us too via a separate way than AmiUpdate the important updates even not 100% tested ?
Since more than 1 year the pa6t_eth driver seems fine, why not release it ?

Thanks to Lyle, we have our x1000 hardware better suported, why don't follow his way to share his work ?

We are more and more os4users who are tired of this to big frontier between betatester and user for a confidential and so NO popular OS...

Thank you, of course, for your kind reply

Edited by zzd10h on 2014/7/29 0:21:43
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@zzd10h

+1

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information

Edited by mbrantley on 2014/7/29 3:54:02
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@zzd10h

/me is wondering who told you the pa6t_eth driver is working "fine".

Please explain your rant.

Thank you.

PJS

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@zzd10h

+1 we need to see at least something to keep believing

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@pjs
Because I know "many" (around 10) betatesters who use it every day.
Sometimes, somes guys send me grab to show some bug in my programs and sometimes it shows me that pa6t is used.

Therefore, even if minor bug exists, it could be shared with others x1000 customers (awares of the beta state of this driver)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@zzd10h

Heck can't argue with that!

I'd even be willing to sign something that says as an X1000 owner I'll be using the beta onboard Ethernet driver at my own risk etc etc.
I really would like to free up a PCI slot on my A1XK sooner rather than later

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@HammerD

Quote:
Are you speculating that they have "Lost motivation" or do you know something we don't?

Well considering that the Friedens are now more concerned with playing Arma, and Steven announced (some time around AmiWest IIRC) that volunteer developers are wanted to continue the effort, what else than the loss of motivation would you guess at?

Anyway, Steven has already answered your question, confirming what I've said: Timberwolf is on the back burner.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ssolie

Thanks for your reply, it is a shame it has been put on the back burner because Timberwolf really is an important project to the health of the AmigaOS community such a software technology can not be allowed to pass us by. I appreciate the importance of new hardware not that I will be buying it anytime soon I simply don't get enough value out of the Pegasos 2 I own, I mainly browse the internet and do Video Editing and unfortunately my Pegasos 2 and OWB in AmigaOS and MorphOS doesn't cut it. I really had my hopes up when the Friedens had Release Candidate 3 out and hardware acceleration was next in the pipeline of its development then it all stopped.

Well I wish you all the best with the current tasks you are developing, I appreciate all the developers of AmigaOS, I will keep updating my Pegasos 2 and keep an eye out on the development of Timberwolf.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ssolie

"to get the X5000 shipped right now"

/me drooling.

(focus is on x5000 "right now", not that it ships "right now" I assume)

I keep my hopes up of being able to afford high end HW again, one day. (once my A4000 cost me 2 month worth of income, 060 one month, CV64-3D+scandoubler almost as much, now with family, it's harder to afford ... (even though I earn 2x as much))

- Kimmo
--------------------------PowerPC-Advantage------------------------
"PowerPC Operating Systems can use a microkernel architecture with all it�s advantages yet without the cost of slow context switches." - N. Blachford
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I just give my opinion in this beautiful discution. move on to other projects without finalizing the precedents is not a good solution in my opinion and especially leaving work that took a lot of time and energy that's a shame. I would say that I also expect important things for this OS
Timberwolf for me must be completed and included in the installation AmigaOS4 in no circumstances should you take as wheel secour OWB because it was done on OS4 AmigaOS4 thanks to many users who paid for it and without it could have anything, I would say that you have the chance to avoif well sympatiques users if no browser is not right for OS4.
Then before proceeding other things should:
Fix and add new features in the USB stack to crash very often with some joysticks and keyboards see do not have any recognized, add support sound card usb vibration for joysticks etc. ..
Have all the functional internal components and recognized as ethernet for x1000, management of cdda audio dma device x1000, 3d for HD radeons and ultimately a new version of Warp3D to wait at least not dripping full of users.
Personally I strut having a beautiful workbench but having no functional limitations and crashes here is my priority.
You tell me why you do not propose to get things done?? Well I did some time ago but now I no longer want more motivation to it after a while you wonder if you make us turn around anything.
It has been 3 years since I expect that 3D support, I'm happy to have a x1000 and be part of this community but now must make a choice because the community is fed up and starts to leave the ship, move watches us things betas etc. ..
I almost quit everything 2 times I stopped more than 70% of my projects due to lack of 3d resources and information and support functions to come.
Now need a complete and functional OS at least for hardware rescent as x1000 and x5000 sam460 the otherwise it is useless dd continue to have a cros computer with nothing around.
HunoPPC mode I trying to get things done

Edited by HunoPPC on 2014/7/29 13:44:03
AmigaOS 4.1 Rulez
Resized Image
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
The Huno's words say it all and i must say that it's the always same old story, the same mistake repeated in various area of development, did you remember the story of the RadeonHD support for Warp3D ?

Where is Warp3D ? and more important why they never say atleast two clarifying words for us ?

A delay can happen and we can accept it, but we can't accept all that silence for years.

A year ago, tired for the absurd waiting i even opened a thread asking for the release Timberwolf source or atleast for a clear politic about it:

http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... m=37&topic_id=6050&order=

But my words have been criticized as "not educated" by someone where it was very obvious already that the things were already no good at the time.

The reality is that today we have a normal Web Browser ONLY because Roman (kas1e) and many third party authors start porting Odyssey, if they had not start it today we'll be using the old Origyn and you know its limitations ... funny to remember also that when we ask Joerg for some improvements he said to us: wait for Timberwolf because OWB is not a browser ...

So, developers please be clear with us, we are a little community and there is no reason to hide the things, if you start a project that complete it in a decent time, don't announce and start 1000 projects at the same time, start a project and complete it, then and only then start other projects ...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all i can 100 % aggree. Timberwolf is at moment only bullshit. Works more bad then it is useful. I am to tired to wait for Gallium 3D or other things they was announced. Maybe there are the wrong people in the development team. We have no fun to wait

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@HunoPPC

I agree with you at 100%

Sam460ex
Os4.1 Final Edition
2GB Fast Memory
envy 24 HT sound card
HD R9 TRIX 280X 3GO GDDR5
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tommysammy

Just a though, please don't be so harsh with them.
They do the possible, question here is how they organize the projects, problems are there ...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
More os devs would help ALOT.

X5000
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »