Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 93

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmiUpdates for JAmiga available
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Ok, so, I managed to ship a few erroneous files with the release.
Please AmiUpdate your JAmiga installation!

You who have reported bugs and quirks, please try again after update (have you experienced crashes, please reboot as well).

Maintainer and developer for Jamiga2 - Java for Amiga
Go to top
Re: AmiUpdates for JAmiga available
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@jaokim
Quote:

You who have reported bugs and quirks, please try again after update (have you experienced crashes, please reboot as well).

Tested in terms of 2 bugs we noticed (non working from root of partition, as well as non working of jtelnet after connection): both bugs still here. I.e. when do run it from RAM: its the same can't found path, and when do run jtelnet from RAM:test/, then it connect, but do nothing after i type in "login" admin and hit "enter" (just in case: on win32's java it works).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

If the jtelnet login problem is indeed the LF vs CRLF problem, then it's not a JAmiga bug. JAmiga must absolutely NOT translate LF to CRLF.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans
I do not know if is it, just it looks like is it. Only Jaokim can say what is that imho.

But then , if "jamiga absolutly must not translate lf to crlf", then it mean, almost all telnet apps will not works as intended and amiga specific changes in them will need it.. I somehow think that all not the case, because as far as i remember, not only AOS have different return lines, but also bunch of another oses for all kind of HW have it different in compare with win32 (unixes and win32 have different return lines for example, but all works for them) -> what mean its done on java implementation level imho.

Anyway, i also check telnet protocol, and:

Quote:

The Telnet protocol defines the sequence CR LF to mean "end- of-line". For terminal input, this corresponds to a command- completion or "end-of-line" key being pressed on a user terminal; on an ASCII terminal, this is the CR key, but it may also be labelled "Return" or "Enter".

So, if protocol says so then it should all be done like protocol says, does not matter on what platform.

Or , our console need an option "translate LF to CRLF" (if that is case there of course). Or, there should be some "Term" environment which do so (i tried yesterday amiga, amiga_h and have no luck). Any other ideas ? I also tried to do connect from "sh" with all those terms too, and have no luck.

Edited by kas1e on 2013/11/7 6:57:34
Edited by kas1e on 2013/11/7 7:02:16
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

I've looked at it, but not very thoroughly. I do however think that I might have experienced a similar problem, and it has something to do with how I read stuff from the console.

I had a telnet client working, have to see if it still works though.

So, I think it's a problem with JAmiga, and not jtelnet. I quickly looked at the console stream reading code of jtelnet, and it doesn't seem to be doing anything utterly quirky. So it should work. I'll keep investigating.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Jaokim
Quote:

So, I think it's a problem with JAmiga, and not jtelnet. I quickly looked at the console stream reading code of jtelnet, and it doesn't seem to be doing anything utterly quirky. So it should work. I'll keep investigating.

Thanks a lot !

Btw, can i download somewhere that simple telnet client on which you do your tests before ? (so can try as well)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
Btw, can i download somewhere that simple telnet client on which you do your tests before ? (so can try as well)

I just made a small test, and it also doesn't work.
Or, that might actually be a good thing, since I've probably changed something that broke it. So I should just be able to diff and find out what I changed.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Or , our console need an option "translate LF to CRLF" (if that is case there of course). Or, there should be some "Term" environment which do so (i tried yesterday amiga, amiga_h and have no luck). Any other ideas ? I also tried to do connect from "sh" with all those terms too, and have no luck.

Having a "translate LF to CRLF" would get my vote. Alternatively, a special terminal that has this feature would be fine too.

I just tried using the FKey commodity to insert "\r\n". Alas, the \r got translated to \n somewhere (probably by the console). I confirmed this by looking at JAmiga's debug output; it clearly showed two \n characters (hex A) being sent instead of \r\n (hex 0D0A).

Hans

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@jaokim

Quote:
I had a telnet client working, have to see if it still works though.

There's no guarantee that your Mac's telnet server requires CRLF instead of LF. I was under the impression that the Mac OS X terminal used LF. Have you tried using the jtelnet that kas1e found to log in to the same server?

Hans

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Jakoim
Quote:

I just made a small test, and it also doesn't work.
Or, that might actually be a good thing, since I've probably changed something that broke it. So I should just be able to diff and find out what I changed.

That for sure good thing, as its all the same then :)

Btw, will be imho right and interesting to try to use and your simple telenet client, and jtelnet from your mac (and with mac's java) as it should send also different for new lines in compare with win32. So if you will be able to use them all normally from mac's java, then it will be cleary something with jamiga.

It also can help to test it all (your telnet and jtelnet) on linux (and with linux's java), to see if it will works there.

And if everywhere it all will works, then it mean its all can be handled by java internally and all should works even if return lines in consoles are different.

@Hans

Imho if jaokim says that his telnet client works before, and now stop working the same as jtelnet, then its the same bug, and which can be fixed (as if it works before).

Quote:

I just tried using the FKey commodity to insert "\r\n". Alas, the \r got translated to \n somewhere (probably by the console). I confirmed this by looking at JAmiga's debug output; it clearly showed two \n characters (hex A) being sent instead of \r\n (hex 0D0A).

From all my tests in past with telnet and different kind of oses, i can say that \n and \n\n always enough everywhere, and does not matter what terminals in use, it just translate to \n internally or so. The only time when i was in needs to do something in code, is when i copy by code text-buffers via tcp from amiga to something, and from something to amiga, and had to translate 0d/0a stuff just for text-files. But in others ,when its just pure telnet, its all handles well every time (even if terminal send just 0a, or just 0d, or both in any order). Can be wrong, but that how i remember it.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post