Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 94

FlynnTheAvatar, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: CodeBench 0.42
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
I have also now added the ability for the search meta-data (last search string and case-sense etc) to be saved along with the project. This means those setting will be restored after reloading the project.

Expect an update soon, providing no other serious issues are found.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rigo

Impressive work ! Thanks a lot !

Sam 460EX, 2Gb Ram, Radeon R7 250, AmigaOS4.1 FE
A4000 PPC604@233, Mediator
A1200 PPC603@160, Mediator
uA1 G3@800, 512 Mb [sold]
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rigo

Quote:
Not sure what the first crash is all about.

I didn't reboot after the installation, it might be the caused of

Quote:
In the case of the second one, how can you have the editor open without any file in it?

This is step by step how i was able to reproduce it:

1 - Click on the "create a new project" button

2 - When the "Project Information" will be opened add a name into the "Project name" area and tick into the "This project uses a file repository" checkbox

3 - Click to "Ok"

4 - Wait until the Dictionary will be loaded

5 - On the "Project:yourname" window i selected: "Source files"

6 - Then once the ASL requester will opened i didn't select any "real" file (or a wrong one don't remember now) but the editor started normally .. at this point i just right clicked on this "blank page" of the editor and i got the DSI i mention ..

Aniway now i'm start using it for real with a .c file of one of my source, so a question: does the current editor supports the usual scroll keys of the keyboard to "navigate" into the code ?

PageUp and PageDown doesn't seems to work here, the up/down arrows seems not supported too ?

If so (and if i'm not wrong!) can you add it for the next release ?

I'm shocked about the amount of the work behind the CodeBench suite .. mate congratulation !

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@samo79

Quote:

Then once the ASL requester will opened i didn't select any "real" file (or a wrong one don't remember now) but the editor started normally .. at this point i just right clicked on this "blank page" of the editor and i got the DSI i mention ..

I don't understand what you mean here. What file did you select? Can you mail it to me so I can test it here. I tried with a soft link, and that worked as expected. I just don't get what you mean by "real file".

Quote:

Aniway now i'm start using it for real with a .c file of one of my source, so a question: does the current editor supports the usual scroll keys of the keyboard to "navigate" into the code ?

PageUp and PageDown doesn't seems to work here, the up/down arrows seems not supported too ?

Yes, of course it works. The editor gadget uses env(arc):classes/gadgets/richeditor/default.kbd for it's key mappings. Please make sure that file is in place, as this might be the cause of your problems. It should have been installed by the Installer, so unless that failed for some reason (which you wuld have been told about), or you are doing something funky with ENV(ARC):, I can't understand why that would be.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rigo

In this menu

Resized Image

I'd recommend putting the commands About, Help and Show Me a "Handy Hint" into one group (they all have to do with providing help/information). Dividing individual menu items using barlabels like this makes the menu cluttered, and actually defeats the purpose of the divider.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
OK, reorganized for the next version.

Simon

----
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rigo

Good. Another candidate screenshot for my "GUI Bloopers" article bites the dust

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Simply Great! Thx!!!
I've not downloaded it yet due to my job, in these days i'm going to home late.
Some questions:
1) I'm trying to register to codebench community, but I see no register menu or button. Heelp!
2) When you say some features have been disabled, do you mean "new features"? (forgive this question :D )
Thx you!

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Once you download it and install it, all will become clear regarding the "Community Account".

It was a few new features that were insufficiently tested and were removed prior to release.

Simon

----
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thank you Rigo for your new "CodeBench" release :)

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Rigo

Feel free to work with me on those things you need testing further.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rigo

Quote:
I don't understand what you mean here. What file did you select? Can you mail it to me so I can test it here. I tried with a soft link, and that worked as expected. I just don't get what you mean by "real file".

Forget i think to have solved, it was maybe some strange side effect caused by somewhat on my system ..

Quote:
Yes, of course it works. The editor gadget uses env(arc):classes/gadgets/richeditor/default.kbd for it's key mappings. Please make sure that file is in place, as this might be the cause of your problems. It should have been installed by the Installer, so unless that failed for some reason (which you wuld have been told about), or you are doing something funky with ENV(ARC):, I can't understand why that would be.

Just checked the dir you mention but i don't found this default.kbd file, maybe is that the problem ?

Here attached is the content of my classes/gadgets/ folder in Env on my system

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mkklji

For now the keys that work (and doesn't work) in editor are:

PageUP --> YES
PageDown --> YES
HOME --> YES
END --> YES

Arrow up --> NO
Arrow down --> NO
Arrow left --> NO
Arrow right --> NO

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
I can't download the archive you posted as it needs some crappy download manager, which I'm not installing.

As regards the default.kbd file, you will have to install it manually from the distribution archive. I have no idea why it was not installed on your system.

Simon

----
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rigo

Strange I can download it, i just tried with OWB
Click on the azure area --> "Click here to start download from sendspace"

Ok I will trying coping the file manually

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rigo

I was thinking: could you add a little function that will insert an empty AutoDoc header at the current position in the code? I never remember the correct standard format of the header, and copying it over from the OS Wiki again and again just steals time.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
It's already there, in the code constructs.

Simon

----
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rigo

Oh good!

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rigo

I use codebench (HW) in a custom screen and calculator and edit construct window are opened on the wb screen!

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
While I cannot do anything about the Calculator, the Construct Editor window was ignoring the custom screen set in the preferences. Many thanks for the report, it is fixed for the next version.

One note about running external applications, if you want them to use the CodeBench screen by default, enable the "Make default pubscreen when active" option in the Preferences/Display page.
http://codebench.co.uk/docs/other.html#display

Simon

----
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Simon

By the way, maybe i didn't find it in options, but did codebench support easy folding/unfolding in the editor window itself ? I mean not in quick links, but to have something like folding image, pressing on which whole function will folds, and click again will unfold it.

Quick links of course kind of this, but true folding/unfolding in editor can be pretty handy (and enabled by default maybe?).

Something like in stormed5:

Resized Image
Resized Image

See those small tasty images at left near of any functions. Maybe its already possible and can be enabled somewhere ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »