Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: VPDF bounty is now open
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

Through seeing on code, Kiero do a lot of work even for "just" gui: 130 kb of source code for GUI only (+80kb of toolbar images which done as C arrays as well). And thats only GUI, while there is also system-related routines, which are about 100kb of source code too, and some other parts there and there. Writing the same from scratch will be a long and boring way, for sure (yep, we can keep system-related part, but 130kb of gui sources are a lot).

Well that indeed doesn't sound very promising but let's see when you've got the MUI version ready. You can contact me then, you know my e-mail.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
How is the project's state? we will have soon the program or not.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Templario
Quote:

How is the project's state?

The same as 1 week ago (see posts from 1st august). I.e. i have nothing do in last 7 days in that terms.

Quote:

We will have soon the program or not.

By soon you mean tomorrow ? Then Not.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
"I have put my two cents" well 15 euros.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have just tested Vpdf 1.1 included MOS 3.1.
Let me tell you that it is not matured enough yet IMHO. It has some gui bugs, and lacks some features that AmiPDF has. It displayed some files incorrectly which displayed correctly even with Apdf on MOS. Can't find among other things bitmap printing, find and clipboard functionality. The toolbar is fixed horizontally and can't move to the side which is a vital feature to view paper sized documents.
There was some files which handled faster than AmiPDF, some not much faster. It IS faster, but not mindblowingly.

I don't sure we talk about the same version, but that was my first impression. AmiPDF has room for improvement that sure, but I'm tired this constantly start from ground situations instead of real ongoing developments.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@lazi
Quote:

I don't sure we talk about the same version, but that was my first impression. AmiPDF has room for improvement that sure, but I'm tired this constantly start from ground situations instead of real ongoing developments.

We just can't be sure if AmiPDF will ever be improved / fixed and developed futher. But with VPDF it at least opensourced, so once we port it one time, we can only apply new changes (if they still will be open sourced, of course).

As its already faster than AmiPDF , its worth to have choice. The same as with browsers: more the better.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
We just can't be sure if AmiPDF will ever be improved / fixed and developed futher.X

You are right about that. We can't be sure that Hyperion has the source/right to develop it further. However it is part of the OS distribution, that should mean something.

Anyway, do you know some place where bugs can be reported for Vpdf? I can't find any word beside the executable.

Good luck for the porting!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@lazi
Quote:

Anyway, do you know some place where bugs can be reported for Vpdf? I can't find any word beside the executable.

Kiero is author, but i do not know how hard he on communication. But at least in "about" of vpdf few words about:

---
web support: wozniak_m @ interia.pl

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Any news then ?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:

lazi wrote:
We can't be sure that Hyperion has the source/right to develop it further. However it is part of the OS distribution, that should mean something.

Hyperion does have source code and the rights to develop AmiPDF further. There just isn't any pressing need to do much with it.

If some 3rd parties want to create more PDF viewers that is perfectly fine as well.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Quote:

Any news then ?

News is: dopus5 almost here, so once, then :)

@Steven
Quote:

There just isn't any pressing need to do much with it.

It is slow and have many bugs, few of them are real nasty. all reported and noted in BZ.

Edited by kas1e on 2013/6/11 5:36:07
Edited by kas1e on 2013/6/11 5:47:14
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Ok then

Most probably you know already but since a while (the new MorphOS release) there is also a new version of VPDF, here the direct link:

http://www.morphos.de/files/src/3.2/vpdf.tar.bz2

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:
Hyperion does have source code and the rights to develop AmiPDF further. There just isn't any pressing need to do much with it.

I'm sure looking at it from your perspective with a long todo list there isn't a pressing need.
IMO that doesn't mean it couldn't see improvements, bugfixes or a total replacement

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
Quote:

Most probably you know already but since a while (the new MorphOS release) there is also a new version of VPDF

Of course i know it right after they release mos3.2. I smart enough to check new release-notes and pages with downloads :) I assume as anyone else

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Well I know you are smart enough to, but as the update was never posted elsewhere I thought it could not be seen, it may happen

@Troels

Mate, then did you solve your issues regading Amigabounty ?
We all looking forward to let Roman to start the OWB bounty !

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)