Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

2D Hardware Accelerated Compositing RadeonHD
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Will 2D Hardware Accelerated Compositing with RadeonHD-Cards speed up E-UAE Video-Output?

I´m asking, because it seems that the Videodisplay-Update looks sluggish, specially when games scrolling horizontally.

I´m experimenting a little bit by creating new Screenmodes with Picasso96, it have improved displayspeed but its not perfect.

RadeonHD-Card should be fast enough to render it or is the problem the emulation of the chipset?

Go to top
Re: 2D Hardware Accelerated Compositing RadeonHD
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
To the best of my knowledge:

Quote:
Will 2D Hardware Accelerated Compositing with RadeonHD-Cards speed up E-UAE Video-Output?

Not unless (or until) E-UAE is modified to use Compositing. MIGHT be quite easy to do, but no-one has yet picked-up the challenge...

Quote:
specially when games scrolling horizontally. ... RadeonHD-Card should be fast enough to render it or is the problem the emulation of the chipset?

If you are talking about "screen tearing", then that is caused by a mismatch between the screen's actual refresh rate & the emulated Amiga's refresh rate. Some people (like DAX) have used clever CRT tricks to make the screen's refresh rate match (well be a multiple of) the emulated one, to minimise such problems. I recall that RunInUAE's FAQ mentions this.

If you are talking about slow frame rate, then E-UAE is *much* slower when using a scaled resolution (like 640x512). If you are able to use a 'native' resolution (like 320x256) then I could often achieve full frame rate on a 667MHz Sam440. I don't know what a Sam460 is like, but an X1000 can handle 640x480 fine. This problem would be reduced/eliminated if E-UAE was modified to use Compositing (for scaling).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Re: 2D Hardware Accelerated Compositing RadeonHD
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hello

I never used EUAE but perhaps you can use it at 320x256
then use aminet/clonewindow to scale it to the resolution you want
Clonewindow use hardware compositing

Alain Thellier

Go to top

Register To Post