Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

DU: any way to supress AppIcon in AmiDock?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BillE

i noticed recently that when i have DU in the background and switch screens back to workbench that there is a DU icon showing in my main amidock. is there any way to turn that feature off? i looked through the included amigaguide files, but didn't find it. apologies in advance if the answer is already in the documentation and i couldn't find it.

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Re: DU: any way to supress AppIcon in AmiDock?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

eliyahu wrote:
@BillE

i noticed recently that when i have DU in the background and switch screens back to workbench that there is a DU icon showing in my main amidock. i
-- eliyahu

DU does create an AppIcon, at the moment there is no way to disable it. I can add this as a feature request for v1.8.

BTW. As quite a few applications show an appicon when running, I find it better to put all programme appicons in a different amidock. I too do not like appicons appearing in the main dock.

I created a new dock, and called it Apps (any name will do) then in the AmiDock preferences choose the new dock in the gadget next to "Place AppDockies in:".

It will not get rid of the DU appicon in v1.7 but will at least keep it (and other appicons) out of your main dock.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BillE

thanks for the tip! i'll try creating one for that purpose.

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Another thing you can do is make the dock hidden and set a hotkey to show/hide it which gets rid of all those pesky dockies until you want them or to make sure it has a titlebar and is minimizeable. Then double click the titlebar to shrink the dock before saving your prefs.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top

Register To Post