Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 17 »
Re: Opus Magellan source is free now!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Spot (and all others who in interest about progress)
Everything about progress here and here

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I've created a button bank to control AmigaAMP3 from magellan and thought I'd upload it here for you guys to try. The problem is the forum doesn't allow attachments so I've used dicpng to compress the file.

Resized Image

Just save the image and use:

dicpng in jzy61i.png out ram:DOpus-AmigaAMP.lha

to extract it.

Have fun :)

@kas1e

dicpng doesn't work as described in the readme.

dicpng jzy61i.png returns 'dicpng: wrong number of arguments' instead of extracting it with the filename stored in the image. The same happens when compressing by just giving the filename eg.

> dicpng DOpus-AmigaAMP.lha
dicpng: wrong number of arguments

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Has work on Dopus pretty much stopped now that the error that prevented it from working in OS4 got fixed? I haven't seen anyone post anything except some new control buttons for a few weeks.
Anyone in the MOS or AROS world working with the DOPUS source code?

A couple of improvements I'd like to see in the OS4 compatible 68k version would be:

1) massive file size handling

2) wheel mouse to scroll in lister windows

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ScottCabit

All the work which is done, can be seen by those 2 links:
url1
url2

Nothing else done, everything open for everyone to see any kind of progress. If there is none, then there is none. If there is any, you can see it by commits and/or by discussions on sf forums.

Quote:

I already found the place where add such a code, and already have done os4 code which should be added to make it works. But, its better to have native build, to avoid boring with all those undefined, os4 mouse-wheel specific, parts.

@all
With help of Olaf we get an "ok" to upload original isos to SF ! So, far i already have those originals:

Dopus_5.8_german.ISO
Dopus_5.8_PlusCD_english+german.ISO
Patches from 5.8 to 5.82

I will upload them soon to SF/Files, so anyone can get originals. But only one what is missed its Dopus_5.8_english.ISO. If someone can upload it somethere, that will be pretty nice.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

ScottCabit wrote:

Wheel mouse scrolls ok here, try installing macc and turning on "also send the old newmouse event"

It doesn't work for prefs editors or when reading files but is better than nothing.

Updated version of the control buttons if anyone's interested:

Resized Image

dicpng in e5mbmg.png out ram:DOpus-AmigaAMP.lha

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

kas1e wrote:
All the work which is done, can be seen by those 2 links:
url1
url2

The problem I have with those links is they don't work on muiowb. I can see a forum list but no topic name is displayed so I can't read them.

Thought I'd try IBrowse, the layout is horrible but at least i can access the threads now.

Edit: Can't post there though :(

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
The problem I have with those links is they don't work on muiowb. I can see a forum list but no topic name is displayed so I can't read them.

Thought I'd try IBrowse, the layout is horrible but at least i can access the threads now. Edit: Can't post there though :(

You need to sign up at Sourceforge (like you had to to post here) before you can post anything,

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ScottCabbit
Quote:
Has work on Dopus pretty much stopped now that the error that prevented it from working in OS4 got fixed? I haven't seen anyone post anything except some new control buttons for a few weeks.
Anyone in the MOS or AROS world working with the DOPUS source code?

As kas1e has stated, the code is in the Sourceforge repository. A couple of days ago I started looking at the sources to see how difficult it will be to port them to GCC and my conclusion is that it will be a very long term project. Do you remember how long it took to get an OS4 release of YAM?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

xenic wrote:
You need to sign up at Sourceforge (like you had to to post here) before you can post anything,

I have signed up and was logged in. still no topic links in muiowb and the post button doesn't work in ibrowse.

It's a pity amiga.sourceforge.net wasn't chosen instead of sourceforge :(

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Severin
Quote:
I have signed up and was logged in. still no topic links in muiowb and the post button doesn't work in ibrowse.

I just did some tests and it works with RA-OWB and Timberwolf so I'd have to say that it's an MUIOWB problem. As far as IBrowse goes; it's unlikely to work correctly on most modern WEB sites.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic

ok, If I ever need to post anything I'll fire up timberwolf. netsurf doesn't work either, when I try to post it just comes up with a page saying I'm already logged in and the post is lost :(

BTW, it was me that startup the ML you object to so much. It was intentionally left open to all although that will change if it gets spammed. It's not specifically OS4 either, I've just not posted about it anywhere but here yet because afaik the only fixed version available is for os4.

If you and kas1e really want it removed I'll delete it. I just thought it would be somewhere to sort out the problems of those that can't be bothered to RTFM or don't have them anymore, so they're not using sourceforge and bothering the people porting it.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin
Quote:

I just thought it would be somewhere to sort out the problems of those that can't be bothered to RTFM or don't have them anymore, so they're not using sourceforge and bothering the people porting it.

Sounds right, but there is just not so many users around, so no one will bother us :) In end of all we always can delete bad topics. Its just better for everyone to have one single place about dopus5: and to avoid any rumors, and confussions and just after sometime all will know that everything about dopus5 is on SF, and files, and code, and forums. So my bet is to delete ML, and migrate to SF (i.e. if you want, we can just create one more subforum on SF, where discuss everything what you want to discuss before in ML. Only that it of course will be cross-platform and for everyone and all amiga like oses).

ps. Tested your amigaamp buttons, nice :)

Edited by kas1e on 2013/1/21 11:06:49
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

kas1e wrote:
@Severin
[quote]
Only that it of course will be cross-platform and for everyone and all amiga like oses).

ps. Tested your amigaamp buttons, nice :)

That is if you have a browser that works with it. Timberwolf is just too unstable here for regular use

I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't have a PC, My macs are unsupported for years now and less and less sites work on them (I've only turned one on once in the last six months). Classic users have no chance of SF access etc. but I will close the ML.

@all

I've thought of a little trick to get 24 bit button banks and startbars in dopus5, it doesn't work with the lister toolbar though.

Combine the icons and images you want into a picture then create an empty transparent 3d frame with iconedit, set the bank/bar background to use the image and use the same frame for each button. You can't change the image when you click on it but the frame will invert for some visual feedback.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
I upload few isos of dopus5.8 (with gpsoft permission of course, if anyone worry):

dopus5.8_cd_iso_german
dopus5.8_plus_cd_iso_german+english

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Anonymous
Thanks. We still miss 5.8 CD English?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
There is some small progress report of what we (by we there is Xenic only:) ) do:

-xenic convert all documentation now to PDF format (you can grab it from Trunk/Documents/).

-xenic almost rewrite dopus5.library, but he have some problems and we need some help from others (jens and itix seems busy for now, so we want to sort it faster without long waiting).

Plz, anyone who know programming, check this thread carefull: http://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allami ... sion/dev/thread/1ae4ae07/

(in the thread you can find out attached changes as well, just read topic fully)

And answers here or in that thread or via mails or whatever..

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
Major progress:

screen1
screen2

Anyone have a clue what kind of progress is ?:)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Working native version?

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Antique
Quote:

Working native version?

Kind of: its first working 68k-gcc dopus5.library. Library are harder and most important part:

--library contain some assembler code which xenic rewrite to C

--original code done one sasc, and sasc support making of shared libs without any additional code. But for gcc is necessary to manually do a lot of stuff. And good news that we reuse libinit code from codesets project, just with some changes related to dopus5 itself. Writing the same kind of init code for gcc from scratch when you know nothing about can be pain for sure (expectually when you need to works it on all amiga and alike oses). Thanks to Thore who help us with all that stuff.

--migrate to SDI macroses, removing and replacing all sasc specific parts.

Once we will clean up library code, fix some errors, we will upload test archive with new library, so users can test it heavy.

Next goal its to rewrite main binary to 68k gcc, then modules to the same 68k gcc, and once whole dopus5 will works fine and be tested heavy as 68k-gcc one, then we will port it to native (os3 as it now + os4/mos/aros), what will be not so hard as we already will be on gcc.

In other words important and heavy part done.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
good job

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 17 »