Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 104

walkero, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Amicygnix in window mode?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

spotUP wrote:
allright, i got pidgin working! =)
when i start irc it tells me i shouldn't use irc as root and bans me though haha...

does the new version of pidgin have support for skype messaging?

Hmm - maybe it is not a good idea to be root, even on Amiga / AmiCygnix

There is no chance for Skype on AmiCygnix, sorry. The Skype code is not open source.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Is there a way that I can specify the starting size of the application (AbiWord) inside the Amicygnix window?
Also is there an easy way to have the application started maximized?

Thanks!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

PEB wrote:
Is there a way that I can specify the starting size of the application (AbiWord) inside the Amicygnix window?
Also is there an easy way to have the application started maximized?

Thanks!

Some applications do support the "-geometry WidthxHeight+Xpos+Ypos" or the "--geometry=WidthxHeight+Xpos+Ypos" argument. AbiWord and Gnumeric do support it. So you can use this script for AbiWord:

;
; $VER: Start_AbiWord_Standalone.bat 4.1 (25.06.2012) © Edgar Schwan
;

.key VERBOSE/K,DISPLAYNUMBER/K,ARGS/M
.def VERBOSE 0
.def DISPLAYNUMBER -1
.bra {
.ket }

Set PROGPATH "Cygnix:CygnixPPC/bin/abiword"

Set DEF_XDRIVER "picasso96wb"
Set DEF_WINWIDTH "1024"
Set DEF_WINHEIGHT "768"
Set DEF_WINDOWMANAGER "Openbox"

If EXISTS "Cygnix:myX11SetupLight"
Cygnix:myX11SetupLight
If ${DONOTSTART} EQ "YES"
Quit 20
EndIf
Else
Set Cygnix/CYGNIX_SCREEN_MODE ${DEF_XDRIVER}@${DEF_WINWIDTH}x${DEF_WINHEIGHT}x16
Set Cygnix/CYGNIX_DESKTOP_BACKGROUND "none"
Set Cygnix/CYGNIX_WINDOW_MANAGER "Cygnix:CygnixPPC/bin/openbox"
EndIf

Set PROGARGS "--geometry=${DEF_WINWIDTH}x${DEF_WINHEIGHT}+0+0"

; Internal settings
Set LAUNCH_SOUND_SERVER 0
Set LAUNCH_WINDOW_MANAGER 1
Set OPENBOX_RC_FILE "openbox-rc.xml"

Execute Cygnix:S/Execute_Standalone.bat VERBOSE={VERBOSE} DISPLAYNUMBER={DISPLAYNUMBER} {ARGS}

The main AbiWord window ist opened to the selected size of the display.

You can also influence the dimensions of the program window through the window manager (Openbox). But when I try it, all windows of the program are affected, so a file requester window would also be maximized. Have to learn more about window managers

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Thanks!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:

The driver works on 16 or 32 bit screens, even the driver supports only 16 bit displays. But the performance on 16 bit screens is better because the data must be converted.

It's amazing how good the performance is on a 16 bit screen!

Will Amicygnix be given full 32 bit support in the future? (I really prefer running a 32 bit screen.)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

PEB wrote:

It's amazing how good the performance is on a 16 bit screen!

Will Amicygnix be given full 32 bit support in the future? (I really prefer running a 32 bit screen.)

The picasso96wb driver on a 16 bit workbench is indeed the fastest display available so far.
32 bit is planned, but still in development. Simple X11 programs are already working, but no GTK+ programs.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I always have to start Audacious twice, and since I prefer standalone I have to close the X11 window before the second go. Is there a way I could "initialize" things so Audacious could immediately work? This first instance also never quits (seeing the process with 'C:status').

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Thematic wrote:
I always have to start Audacious twice, and since I prefer standalone I have to close the X11 window before the second go. Is there a way I could "initialize" things so Audacious could immediately work? This first instance also never quits (seeing the process with 'C:status').

Do you have to start Audacious also twice on the desktop? And what happens if you relaunch Audacious a third time?
I have no idea how to solve this. What system do you have? Maybe it is the fault of the pthreads library, but it is only a guess.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Yes, the script starting it counts as one, so when the desktop is loaded Audacious starts when I run it (either from menu or otherwise).

I do get a lot of DSI errors - at least standalone - where the stack trace points to pthread.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)