Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Scanner quit working (again)!
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Back in September I started this thread that I'm trying to reuse. I reported that my HP ScanJet 4300C flatbed scanner had suddenly quit working, and that usb.log hinted at a problem:

I: [10:19:32] hub.usbfd | HUB | Device found on port 6 of hub "".
I: [10:19:32] hub.usbfd | Hub port | Device at port 6 of hub "" is full-speed.
I: [10:19:32] USB stack | New Fkt | Fkt 0x5fe0abf0 at level 2
I: [10:19:32] hub.usbfd | HUB | Device on hub port 6 successfully added.
I: [10:19:32] USB Fkt Init | Init Fkt | Fkt 0x5fe0abf0 is {Vendor: 0x03F0, Product: 0x0305, Class: 00.00}
I: [10:19:32] USB Fkt Init | Init Fkt | Fkt 0x5fe0abf0 initialized
W: [10:19:32] USB FD fkt start | BindInterfaceDriver | No interface driver of fkt 0x5fe0abf0/ifc 0x5fd59b40 {Class 16.01} has been found
W: [10:19:32] USB FD fkt start | FD launcher | Could not bind any suitable interface driver for fkt 0x5fe0abf0

I got the suggestions that I hope still show up below, basically that I might be missing libusb.library, and sure enough when I copied one over from my AmigaOne disk to my SAM460 I was able to scan again.

New problem, slightly different. Xscanimage gives me a Select device requester, but when I select the appropriate one, I get "Failed to open device 'niash:libusb:03f0:0305': Device busy." I should probably mention that I upgraded AmiCygnix yesterday.

I reread this thread, noticed that I needed libusb.library version 0.1.12 and checked mine. It came out "0.1" so I thought "Aha!" and got one listed as 0.1.12 from OS4 depot. But it is the same one, and C:Version says "0.1."

I missed the "niash" thing when I first launched xscanimage and accidentally selected "test:0" which brought up what looked like the scanner, but it doesn't scan. Later I tried "test:1" as well. Same result; both pretend to scan solid black, white, or checkerboard images. I can't imagine why.

But later I noticed in Amicygnix:Home/root/.sane that I have three .ppm files, two "preview"ing test_0 and test_1, dated today, and one "preview-niash:libusb:03f0:0305.ppm" dated 2009-12-24!

I hope someone will be able to help me again.

Edited by kilaueabart on 2012/11/18 2:53:41
Edited by kilaueabart on 2012/11/18 2:56:50
Go to top
Re: Scanner quit working!
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
You do have libusb.library installed, don't you?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kilaueabart

As Chris said, you need the libusb.library in LIBS:. It must be version V 0.1.12 or better. Please check the XSane archive, directory "install-data/Libs".

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks, Chris and Ed

I knew/hoped it would be something like that. I copied libusb.library off my old A1 harddrive, and now the scanner works fine!

I wish I could have figured it out for myself. I have all kinds of Libs: files on the old A1 disk that I don't have on the SAM. I often wonder if some of them might make things work better if I had them on the SAM, but I'm more afraid they might muck something up good (= bad).

Go to top

Register To Post