Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 152

FlynnTheAvatar, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »
Re: Timberwolf RC3 available
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
ChrisH wrote:
If Timberwolf won't start for some reason (probably a corrupt database), then you need to (1) reboot, (2) delete the "CurrentUserProfile" folder, and then (3) start Timberwolf & be patient while it recreates everything.

Actually, if you open and re-save AppDirr/Timberwolf-bin before running Timberwolf, it will open the second time without a GR.

I have reported it as a bug for RC1, RC2 and now also RC3, but no fix yet.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
WOWOWOW!

Timberowlf RC3 is Usable again! And FASTER than EVER!

Thank you so much guys. I hope you feel better soon and keep up the good work.

If TW RC3 is this fast on my peg2 without Altivec enabled in the new cairo lib it must really be nice with Altivec.

Would it be faster and/or as stable if I used the older Altivec instructions enabled cairo lib?

On the bad side bookmarks arent working which is sort of annoying :) Its werid because on RC1 they worked fine for me.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Magnetic : I'm using the previous libcairo (from RC-2) without any trouble. And indeed, bookmarks do not work, even on FFS partitions.

So I'm using my previous Profile with my old bookmarks and it works, even on a JXFS partiton. The only drawback is that I cannot modify them.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
K-L

Cool. Is it faster than the newer version? Now, is this lib in the TW directory or in SOBJS:?

Why dont bookmarks work? Do we know?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Bookmarks appear to be working for me now (using JXFS) :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
In keeping with what the Read Me had to say, I re-imported my bookmarks from my Firefox install at work, and they worked great. But when I re-opened Timberwolf later, it hadn't saved the bookmarks. SF00 system partition, Sf02 partition where Timberwolf resides.

But otherwise, this release seems to be the most stable yet.

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

AmigOS wrote:
I just installed Timberwolf RC3 last night and I left it running fine (yes, even the bookmarks were working), but today after I fired up my SAM460ex I got a Guru Meditation Error 80000003.

Timberwolf never finishes launching and the opening window with the Timberwof logo just stays open without moving. I can still use my system and launch other apps, and the Timberwolf windows is allays there on the background.
I almost always got that 80000003 (ISI) with RC2 on my SAM460ex. Only once so far with RC3.

It's no big deal. Don't touch the Guru Meditation and just launch TimberWolf again.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
RC3 running much more stable than RC2 on my X1000 so far and it's very snappy indeed without hardware acceleration

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

tfrieden wrote:
@ all

thanks for the good wishes

I went to donate again (I thought it was time) via the bounty page but then thought perhaps the money wouldn't go straight to you?

I then went to donate via your personal page and it froze once I was directed to the PayPal login screen. Is this a known problem?

Either way, we'll get it sorted, what's your preference, bounty or personal?

Thanks to you and the Bro for all your hard work on the Timberwolf project

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Slayer

The bounty being closed, you'll only be able to give money via Paypal (I should also donate in a few days).

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Timberwolf Beta 3 has sound support for Youtube clips. But later versions dont have sound on these clips. Can anybody tell me why?

SAM 460 @ 1150 Mhz , 2GB RAM, 1TB HD +250 GB HD, 4x SATA Controller,Club 3D R7 250 + Warp3D Driver,PCIe 7.1 Soundcard,Fractal Design Define R3 artic white,AmigaOS 4.1FE, Ultra Accounts ,Mace, Dir me up, Gimp ,YAM. Turboprint 7.6
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I only have TW on sfs but re bookmarks, I am a bit puzzled. The readme said the data stuff was changed old bookmarks would not work, start again - well words to that effect. So I left bookmarks as they were to see how they got stuffed and they worked perfectly so I what the consequences of my failure to start again could be, if any.

Noel

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Is there anything new to report?A small status update would be nice

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
No news at all, almost according to the butracker and the Frieden's presence

http://bugs.os4depot.net/?function=viewprofile&userid=152

tfrieden -> Last Active: 20120825

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
What´s going on with Timberwolf? I think it´s time to progosticate when we can expect a new release candidate. Any kind of information about the progress will be also fine.

Edited by Younghippie on 2012/10/1 22:56:02
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I think Hyperion & AOS4 team are building a news splash for Amiwest. I bet there is absolute silence for awhile.

- Kimmo
--------------------------PowerPC-Advantage------------------------
"PowerPC Operating Systems can use a microkernel architecture with all it�s advantages yet without the cost of slow context switches." - N. Blachford
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hallo Frieden brothers,

we don't hear something about timberwolf since 2 months. What's your plans
in case of timberwolf? Can we expect RC4 ( with cookie support, sound in Youtube clips etc.) in foreseeable time or what are your plans?

Greetings from Germany

SAM 460 @ 1150 Mhz , 2GB RAM, 1TB HD +250 GB HD, 4x SATA Controller,Club 3D R7 250 + Warp3D Driver,PCIe 7.1 Soundcard,Fractal Design Define R3 artic white,AmigaOS 4.1FE, Ultra Accounts ,Mace, Dir me up, Gimp ,YAM. Turboprint 7.6
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
An update would be nice, however if it's a case of Timberwolf update or Gallium progress, then I vote Gallium everytime!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Younghippie
Given how they have handled Timberwolf releases in the past, I think they won't say anything (much) until they have a new update ready for release.

And to be honest, that is how I like it. I don't want more "plans" (which can get delayed or run into bigger problems), I just want to see results. If that means I don't see anything for a while, then so be it.

Although MAYBE it would be nice to get a status update on what *has* been achieved, even if it is not yet ready for another release.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »