Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)
Re: Timberwolf RC2 available
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
TimberWolf RC2 is also running fine on a FFS partition of my First contact X1000 but does not run on a Sam 460ex.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
The problem is the 460 AMC CPU

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tommysammy

Quote:

Care to explain ?

Max Tretene, ACube Systems Srl, Soft3
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@tommysammy

Quote:

If you're referring to the crash on startup with RC2 libcairo.so then it's not AMC CPU related because I have it on my µA1-C with 750FX IBM CPU.

I made a bug report about it on bugs.os4depot.net:
http://bugs.os4depot.net/?function=viewissue&issueid=808

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
K-L wrote:
@Thread

On AmigaOne XE and a FFS2 partition, TimberWolf RC2 has been working great from the beginning and I'm using it every day WITHOUT any of the RC1 files.
Yes, and it also works pretty well on my X1000/SFS. I just have to reassign T: to a disk path before running it. It's much better than RC1 here, at least.

But RC3 will definitely be welcomed when it's done .

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

Swoop wrote:
Quote:

salass00 wrote:
Using the new RC2 version (fresh install) I get a crash on startup every time when running it on my µA1-C. The crash is in libcairo.so.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26599983/Cras ... n_2012-07-30_13-16-02.txt

Same crash I get
About four times out of five, I get an ISI on my SAM460ex; I haven't looked to see where the crash is. I just leave the GR completely alone and relaunch Timberwolf. It almost always comes up OK this time. If I get a DSI or a "program error" (I haven't had an ISI twice), I ignore the second GR also, and the third time is always the charm: http://www.bartssite.net/GRs.jpg

I came to this thread looking for an answer to a different matter. When I try to download a file, say one called "File," I always get this error: ":File could not be saved, because an unknown error occurred. Try saving to a different location." Note the colon preceding the file name in the error message.

Is this standard for RC2, or is something special going on in my system?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
A new video (not the best quality, sorry) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG3EIT6ZN24

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
When can we expect the RC3?

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
My bets on a Friday sometime soon hopefully. The bros always seems to release TW updates on Fridays which make the TGIF saying that much more relevant

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Ouch!

":TimberWolf 4.0.1 RC-2 on AmigaOS 4.1 Update 5.mpr4 could not be saved, because an unknown error occurred.
"Try saving to a different location."

This was an attempt to download with savefrom.net while in TimberWolf, which I was surprised to see trying to run the video itself! It would have taken hours at the rate it was going, though.

It did do the download, and I thought maybe it was working for a change, but now I know the crucial difference between "download" and "save."

Why does TimberWolf Download insist on starting names with a colon?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

m3x wrote:
@tommysammy

Quote:

Care to explain ?

It's not the CPU itself, but the fact that the code was optimized/compiled for a 7400 class CPU, i.e. it uses instructions that might not be available on other CPU's.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rogue

I think this begs the question, "When the final release of Timberwolf comes, will it have versions optimized for 440/460, 74xx, PA6T, etc."

BTW: Despite the question, I have not had many problems with Timberwolf R2 on my SAM460ex lite. I am very grateful for your time and effort porting this wonderful software.

Sold the SAM460ex lite... waiting for money for X5000 or A1222 and OS 4.2
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)