Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 8 »
Re: Timberwolf RC2 available
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
I can confirm that by replacing those 3 libs the speed of timberwolf is great when loading a webpage, and very good on scrolling. The Timberwolf seems really stable now and usable.

Running on X1000

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Walkero

What about bookmarks? Does that still work for you?

TrevorD

AmigaOne X1000 betatester
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Upate: Re-installed with the 3 files replaced from RC1 and re-did the font-cache thingy. Bookmarks now working OK.

So far it seems very fast and stable on my A1-X1000. Will now install to a JXFS partition and check that.

TrevorD

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Trevor, the old libsqlite will not work on JXFS

Can someone please try with the old cairo but the new libsqlite ? I would like to see whether it is working or not.

Thanks.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tfrieden

After replacing the three .so files it works o.k. on my Pegasos II (Update 4). Rendering/fetching a page is of course still slower than for example Jörg's OWB or Chris' Netsurf but some dozen times faster than the initial RC2 now. And it uses - in contrast to the initial RC2 - 100% CPU incl. obvious idle times.

btw: I can more or less reproducable crash TW RC2 (regardless which setup [initial/replaced 3 .so]) when using Jörg's OWB in parallel or directly before starting TW. It seems to have a hiccup in fontconfig code. No problems the other way round (i.e. using TW, quitting and then starting/using OWB).

EDIT: Just tested with only libcairo and libpixman-1.so replaced from RC1, libsqlite3.so is from initial RC2. No crash with libcairo (of course) but it's back to very, very, veeeeeeery long loading/fetching times. CPU time while idling is now back down to some %.

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Whilst everyone is testing and getting frustrated with Timberwolf RC2 can you also test JackCharts for me as feedback has been pretty low so far? It would be nice to know it is working as expected on other people's set-ups as Thomas has proven with TW - different systems can give different resolutions. Peace of mind required. :) Thanks in advance.

http://os4depot.net/?function=showfil ... audio/play/jackcharts.lha

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
I just did that test you asked for. The slow down on website fetching returned. It seems lke the app is frozen for a few minutes. Also, the menu items where invisible in the GUI, and they appear as soon as you go and click on them.

Follow me on
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Right now I'm using it with the following compination:

libpixman (RC2)
licairo (RC2)
libsqlite (RC1)

It works nice on website appearance, the flickering of the pointer over a text is removed, the menu appears right, the bookmarks doesn't work (SFS0)

Follow me on
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
OK - with the three files from RC1 installed (rather than the RC2 versions). TW RC2 works fine with bookmarks on an SFS partition.

However, as Thomas pointed out bookmarks do not work (properly) on a JXFS partition. However, I copied my user profile from the SFS TW installation to the JXFS TW installation and rebooted. I can nou use the bookmarks under JXFS, but I can't add new ones. I will now copy the new RC2 libsqlite files to the both installations and report back.

TrevorD

Edited by TrevorDick on 2012/7/28 12:54:59
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@djrikki

Plz stay on topic

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

tfrieden wrote:
Regarding replacing cairo: If you do replace it with the old version, also take libpixman from the older archive.

Can someone also please summarize what the situation is if you replace libcairo, libpixman and libsqlite with the old versions ? Speed acceptable again ? Or still too slow... ?

I can confirm that RC2 works very well and with good speed with this 3 libs from RC1

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Here on Sam460.

- Copied 3 .so libs from RC1
- Doesn't crash at startup.
- Loading each web page takes at least 2 minutes.
- Can't feel any speed-up when scrolling, however CPU goes down to 5% after the webpage is finally displayed.
- Bookmarks doesn't work (on SFS partition)

P.S.:Also discovered one thing, when TW and MUI-OWB is running at the same time, it is not posssible to post anything to amigans.net forums (webpages give an invalid code error)

When I quit TW, it is possible to post from MUI-OWB

Any connections ?

Sinan - AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
- AmigaOne X5000
- AmigaOne A1222
- Sam460ex
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
It seems that problem with Caps Lock hasn't been resolved yet, if you press caps lock key you can't write in capital letters, if you want to do that you have to press and hold shift key, this problem comes from the first beta versions, furthermore another problem when you try to drag out a item from your bookmark menu and drop it on bookmark toolbar it doesn't follow the mouse pointer or better it's far from your mouse pointer, it should be under and stuck on your mouse pointer, at the end i replaced the 3 libs and on my sam460 it works but if you try it well browsing a lot it isn't so stable

Sam 460EX, 2Gb Ram, Radeon R7 250, AmigaOS4.1 FE
A4000 PPC604@233, Mediator
A1200 PPC603@160, Mediator
uA1 G3@800, 512 Mb [sold]
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sofistisoftware

Yeah, to see what is fixed and what is not just browse the bugtracker page and check what is marked as "fixed"

All other reports marked as "new" are most probably not fixed yet or simply not a bug

Your issue still currently marked as "new" so as i'm sure it's a real bug at the end just it hasn't fixed yet

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Did you check the problem about the focus in menu items if it has resolved yet? Because i read that somebody with RC2 (with original libs) on X1000 said it was reasolved

Sam 460EX, 2Gb Ram, Radeon R7 250, AmigaOS4.1 FE
A4000 PPC604@233, Mediator
A1200 PPC603@160, Mediator
uA1 G3@800, 512 Mb [sold]
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Yes I already report it, this bug is open aswell and still not fixed yet (as the other one)

In short until now both issue still marked as "new"

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@tfrieden
Quote:
Can someone please try with the old cairo but the new libsqlite ? I would like to see whether it is working or not.

I assume you mean a test with the old cairo and libpixman but with the new libsqlite; which is what I tested. I started Timberwolf after a reboot without any CurrentUserProfile. Timberwolf starts but it takes 2-3 minutes to connect and load a page. I tried Amigans.net and a local html file. Both took about 3 minutes to load and display. Timberwolf appeared to be frozen during those 2-3 minutes and didn't respond to any mouse clicks. I finally ran Snoopy and it showed that Timberwolf was continuously attempting to access various "places.sqlite" files during the 2-3 minute delay. I'm not having any problem writing this post with Timberwolf but I'm guessing it will take several minutes to get posted to the forum.

EDIT: I was right it took about 2 minutes for the above message to get posted to the forum. Still no crash though.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Here on my Sam460, after copying the 3 libs it works like rc1 except the bookmarks.
With rc1 I could import my Firefox bookmarks but on rc2 it just crashes Timberwolf.
But I successfully imported my MUIOWB bookmarks so that's not a problem.
Web pages take a couple of seconds to display but rc1 was the same.
Apart from when attempting to import Firefox bookmarks it hasn't crashed yet when browsing etc.
Looking forward to the next release :)

AmigaOne X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks for the feedback. Seems I need to work on sqlite and most likely keep cairo at the original version.

Please also review your bug reports on the bugtracker, and if you think that a bug needs to be fixed, change it to "Medium" or even "High" priority, depending on the severity. Crash bugs, especially reproduceable ones should be marked as High priority, and preferrably with a way to reproduce it.

What I don't understand, though, is why the browser works find on my machine, with the new .so's installed. I'm using FFS on my test partition, IIRC, so I'd like to hear whether you are using something else ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tfrieden

Quote:
Please also review your bug reports on the bugtracker, and if you think that a bug needs to be fixed, change it to "Medium" or even "High" priority, s

Can i ?
I have some issue that might be changed atleast to "medium" so I search the function on the tracker page but i didn't found any

Aniway my important issues are:

695 - ISI crash at startup
733 - Keyboard support for Google suggestions
756 - Windows creation (Automatic auto-allineament issue)
790 - Crash on ahi.device at the end of the audio stream
791 - Mouse focus lost on bookmarked items
792 - CAPS Lock key doesn't type in uppercase

Of course not all bugs have the same importance, for example bug 695 must be set as major as having MUI OWB always open everytime i need to close it before starting Timberwolf (quite annoying!), the other one might be set as medium or small, depending on personal taste though

Quote:
I'm using FFS on my test partition, IIRC, so I'd like to hear whether you are using something else ?

I use SmartFilesystem 1.286 for all my OS4's partitions

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 8 »