Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 »
New TimberWolf beta available
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
For those interested to continue testing Timberwolf, a new beta is available now (still in the OS4 depot upload queue for now).

Visit the project page for more information (there's a new update outlining the changes).

*cough cough cough* donate button *cough cough*

edit: Clarified thread title for front page display

Edited by Rigo on 2012/3/28 22:03:45
Go to top
Re: New beta available
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Great! Will try later...

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Nice, thanks for the quick update

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
You might want to invest some of the donation money on something for that cough

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@friedens
Thank you!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Awesome :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Mmm seems faster and more stable in general, however download does not seems to work correctly yet, i tried with some file from Aminet or OS4Depot, for example the new Timberwolf archive from OS4Depot but after a while i got a popup window with this message:

Quote:
:timberwolf.lha could not be saved, because an unknown error occurred.

Try saving to a different location

Keep note that the download window will be opened but no file in download ..

Thanks for the new beta, more test to come

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Download, unpack to ram, dbl-click: after few seconds splash screen and then happy crash in libptread.so in the pthread_mutex_lock(). That on peg2/1ghz/latest_os.

That pthread_mutex_lock are very offten crashes in any kind of projects (starting from threading curl builds with threads support, and ends up with 10% of every ports from unix world). And all of them crashes exactly on the same fucntion, and solution for all of them all the time only one: build all the libs, modules and whatever else without pthread support (or, with changing threads on semaphores, where is possible).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@All

Just downloaded and installed, seems a bit quicker but when I select 'Bookmarks' and click on a link, nothing happens, anyone else experience the same?

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Update: Please report bugs here

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tfrieden

Ah finally a proper bugtracker, good move !

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ kas1e

Don't run it from ram disk. You need massive amount of memory to run it from there, and I'm not sure that RAM-handler supports the necessary file system features (In fact, I'm quite sure it doesn't)

The problem with the mutex are most likely due to the mutex being used before being initialized. I'll see that I can make that code more robust in pthreads.library. Since you're beta tester for OS4, can you please raise a bug report in the OS4 bugzila ? Thanks

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ samo79

Did you select a disk with a space in the disk name ? Or anything with a space in it ?

In any case, please report it to the bug tracker, if possible with steps to reproduce the problem.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Thomas
Aha got it. As for proper bug-report we lately discuss it on aw.net (check plz that thread, troll-free, so worth to check) and currently seems goint nowhere with making proper and good bug report. Hope soon we can understand the roots and make a proper report.

I also install it on SFS, and do some tests:

-- seems its now reacts faster, and even scrolls a bit faster
-- new ASL requester are good
-- trying to type "file:///work:" , and it start to show my content, but then, just stick for a while and then crashes with pointing on the bsdsocket.library. I do tests without actual network connection, so maybe TW trying to send/recv somthing , and when can't fail to load even file:///work:. Through, with previous beta it opens without crashes.

Also i trying just for fun, run TW from SFS, while system partiiong are FFS (so font files and fontconfig are on FFS), and its take i think .. about 10 minutes to generate font config ! While if i have SFS as system partition it generates more or less fast. Maybe worth to add to the readme something like "don't use FFS at all if you want to use TW normally, first run will take ages !". Of course preferable will be just get rid off of fontconfig at all (as Joerg do with his Ra-OWB back in past), but i think its hard and annoing work ..

Quote:

and I'm not sure that RAM-handler supports the necessary file system features (In fact, I'm quite sure it doesn't)

It is worth to add necessary features to ram-handler ? I mean there is no stop-factors to doing so, just need update ram-handler more ?

Quote:

Update: Please report bugs here

I put some report already.

Also seems bookmarking works now.

Curently, the most annoing moments its slownes of startup and whole scroll/redrawing/responses. On pegasos2 it takes about 15 seconds for start till usable "about page" from SFS. In compare with 3.5 beta, which starts if i remember right just in few seconds (about 5 maximum) on the same setup.

Edited by kas1e on 2012/3/28 15:00:32
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
If anyone is having problems getting their users verified on bugs.os4depot.net then please PM me here on amigans and I'll verify your user manually.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thanks for the work and the update

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Thomas

i found a little mistake in the readme pdf. In the command to recreate the font cache there is written:

fc-cache -c -f and it should be (as i read in the previous readme file)

fc-cache -r -f

:)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tfrieden

Quote:
Did you select a disk with a space in the disk name ? Or anything with a space in it ?

Well .. yes as i tried to save files to RAM Disk --> it's of course called "RAM Disk" with the usual space in the middle .. i will try with another path

Quote:
In any case, please report it to the bug tracker, if possible with steps to reproduce the problem.

Ok

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
It's actually usable now on my Sam440ep. It takes a long time to load but with javascript disabled it's almost as fast as MUI-OWB at most things. I got both Lastpass and Xmarks working, so that's great.

Also, I decided to see if it could handle Paypal and all that, so I made a Timberwolf donation using Timberwolf. It worked! And it seemed appropriate

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 »