Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 113

Georg, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4)
Re: Video editing software bounty?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Diego is already a member here

http://www.amigans.net/userinfo.php?uid=1232

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Please tell Diego that we have a loaner system at his disposal if he wants to take on the bounty (once it's opened).

@Troels

Verry good news. I will tell him that.

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Bumping this thread to tell that Diego has had one of the Amigabounty.net loaner systems for some time now and that a bounty to get avcodec.libray updated and improved can be found here.

http://amigabounty.net/index.php?function=viewproject&projectid=88

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

Troels wrote:
Bumping this thread to tell that Diego has had one of the Amigabounty.net loaner systems for some time now and that a bounty to get avcodec.libray updated and improved can be found here.

http://amigabounty.net/index.php?function=viewproject&projectid=88

Good to see the loaner systems are making a difference. The bounty could use a few more donations though.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@troels

Yes, this is good news.

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:

Good to see the loaner systems are making a difference. The bounty could use a few more donations though.
Hans

Yes, it's nice that they are both in use. If I had just been better to advertise their availability Diego could have had a system much earlier but I thought people knew about it, well at least they're both in use now.

I'm sure the bounty will see more donations soon, it was just announced and didn't get the publicity the other bounty we just launched got(yet). Also for non-developers (such as myself) it's a bit easier to get why I should donate towards better visuals than an updated library. Both are of course important but it's (to me) a bit harder to sell the library bounty.

Btw. if the current avcodec.library bounty is successful Diego already agreed to move ahead with this: http://amigabounty.net/index.php?function=viewproject&projectid=87

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Troels
Imho will be good to have something like "minimal line to do a work". I.e. like let's say, 300-500euro for work to be done in any case, but donations can still be acceptable. Because when there is no clear sums and description , ppls think about it a bit in wrong way, and so, imho need to add some text to bounty as well.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
I agree with you but i also want to have a deadline. I would happily donate more money if there was a realistic deadline. Why not add a bonus if the person manage to finished it 1-? months earlier than expected.

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Sure, deadline are must. Or its all can be "sorry i have no time as my wife/child/dad/mam/dog/work/friends/beer want more attention" :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
I really hate that kind of excuses. Whats your opinion abt LibreOffice?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Joeled
Quote:

I really hate that kind of excuses.

Yep, as it usually just lazyness, and nothing more.

Quote:

Whats your opinion abt LibreOffice?

If it QT based, then our QT is not ready for reall usage right now.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
And maybe say that openoffice would give atleast 10k euro's. Maybe that would give more motivation?

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello to all,

I will try to answer some questions. Diego will surely do that better that me later.

- Cobra, Diego, Chip, Elwood and myself are involved on this work. Cobra help and advise for each new beta version and I'm betatesting myself the new library.

- The work is based on the Chip source but some code have been remade/reworked between. For example:

1. AC3 decoding not use separate library but included and now AC3 sound decoding is verry efficient than the chip one.
2. Parsing code have been remade. One example, No more sounds echoes with DVD movies.
3. lots of others things allready done...

Because the last ffmpeg sourcecode has changed a lot. Just compiling the original avcodec.library AOS4 sourcecode (old and incomplete) with last ffmpeg avcodec sourcecode part not working directly. There are work to do for diego !!

- The actual new beta library exist and work for VOB files and some AVI files actually (not all the kind of AVI codecs). Differents kind of movies and codecs are added one by one on the new avcodec.library and test are made.

- The actual new avcodec.library 53.1 size is more than 3mo (original (1.9mo) and has been compiled and tested with some differents comiling arguments for the best speed possible. Of course, this new library work with last registered version of Dvplayer everybody use actually.

- When a kind of played codec will not supported, this time a requester will inform you than a bad crash.

- For the first time, this library will have all the codecs available on ffmpeg integrated (previously limited to format DVplayer supports). Unfortunately, no video player on the amiga support the other kind of movies that mean will be hard to test.

Thanks for supporting this bounty. The goal is to help Diego to buy his own amiga-ng computer.

Open a separate thread on a forum if we would like to discuss more about avcodec.library.

Edited by Mrodfr on 2012/1/7 6:32:41
A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
How about a amicygnix version of LibreOffice ?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@antique
Why OO? I think its alot harder and take more time. Have you tried LibreOffice? http://www.libreoffice.org/download/ I hope Kas1e make a bounty for it when QT is mature enough.

@mrodfr
So the goal is to get Diego a sam460? Maybe Troel should add that in the description. I think more ppl will donate. And we all hope he can contribute more

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
I will try to answer some questions. Diego will surely do that better that me later.

Well, i think we can add some background about the project and the unpaved road we were following.

Things started on March 2011, when mrod contacted me about the possibility of updating avcodec, and everyone who knows mrod is aware of how insistent he is ;) I agreed to take a look at it, and started trying to get the thing updated to latest lavc core, it started as something fun to do - after all my previous experience with amigift helped a lot, where i had to port a dozen of Linux's *.so as native amigaos libs/plugins - then the fun part temporarily became a tedious thing... while some codecs worked fine with minimum effort, most didn't worked at all or produced weird results, the incompatibility manifest took place... we found that dvp was using some hardcoded enums for codec definition and pixel format which broke our expectatives of a nice port (that was our thought at the time, things became worse later..) So... after implementing some "crazy stuff" to get 2008's definitions and forward to 2011's ones we got back on the right road... not for so long, since apart from the fact the ffmpeg team removed from their API the decode audio/video functions the original avcodec.library was using, we found the decoding of audio implemented on a hopefully backward-compatible way wasn't working properly... that was mostly noticeable with AC3 and some MPEGs, a kick on the balls literally since these are the most common formats as used eg on DVDs.

At this step, around two months later since we've started working on it (several hours per day, if you ask me) we got stuck... mainly due the development road we were following, since i lacked an os4 machine at the time i was cross-compiling the lib from Linux (OpenSUSE + KDevelop, i love them ;) and sending it back to mrod/elwood for the tests, which became quite frustrating to track down that audio decoding issue (changing a few lines of code and sending the lib to test, and so on and so on) Fortunately, a couple of months ago i've got an os4 machine from the loaner program, and i want to take this opportunity to thanks Troels and everyone else involved for providing my first ever os4 hardware :)

So... with a Sam at my hands things restarted well, the audio issue got properly fixed and hundred of tests made to try to achieve faster video decoding as well, with something we got nuts was with our tests with AVI (MPEG-4) and VOB/DVDs (MPEG-2) while we can achieve a "faster decoding" (aka, less cpu usage) with one of them, that involves the other being slower/weird... our thoughts as a joke was that in the worst case we can release two versions of the same lib, being one specifically for DVDs which would play them better than before, however we reached some point where the "distance" between them isn't too worse and still playing those formats/codecs better than before (still testing, though)

Our current Beta is version 53.1 based on lavc 53.0 from April 2011 - Depending on the bounty results we tend to keep the lib updated, being the next version based on the recently released 0.9.1 stable branch (53.1 is based on a GIT snapshot)

We have to mention we got a little disappointed with the nice way the ffmpeg ppl breaks their API... since its current stable version is already incompatible with the branch we've used for 53.1 and therefore we'll need to reinvent the wheel... looks like they have made more [incompatible] changes in the last year than from the 2008's branch to the 2011 used, anybody interested can check the diffs here.

Well, thank you all sincerely for supporting this bounty.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Joeled:

I'd take either OpenOffice or LibreOffice. They're the same thing regardless, and LibreOffice is simply a fork of to keep somethin open-source in case Oracle proprieterized OOo. Oracle has since given OOo to Apache Foundation so it's safe from that fear anyway.

I have both OOo and LibreOffice installed on my Windows PC. Both go by the name OpenOffice under the Open With file menu of Windows Explorer, I don't even know which one I pick until it loads up.

Edited by billt on 2012/1/9 17:33:16
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Would still be nice with an video editing software. Anyone working on a solution?

X5000
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4)