Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
77 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 76

AmigaSociety, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 »
Re: Getting Napalm to run on AmigaOS 4.1.2?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Mail received, it works fine here and as i told you by email, only sound problem. thanks :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

Quote:
@busytech

You need to change audio.directpaula in napalm.prefs to audio.ahi

I have the same problemas busytech and my audio.directpaula has already been changed to audio.ahi.

Talos BlackBird (awaiting a Miggy like OS)
Amiga 4000 OS3.9 / Pegasos II OS4.1 FE
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I forgot to turn on audio after a little experiment. Just wait a little, and I will make a new release on os4depot, hopefully with the sound hang fixed.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi alfkil

here it also works wihout the sound no crashes.

hope youll find a fix for it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Machine locks up with the latest version when trying to load a saved game.
File not Found Error.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@alfkil

Thanks, sound works and so long no lockup.
The load thing with file not found i have also, but
its only in the main menu. From ingame menu it works.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Alfkil

The lockup problem appears to have been fixed.

Cheers

@TearsOfMe

Thanks for the tip.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I think its fixed played awhile and no lockups anymore

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
About the DSI's on startup and ingame: I really want to get in contact with Almos Rajnai about this issue, does someone have his contact information??

The weird thing about this/these issues is, that the crash happens right at the RTS instruction (according to the crashlog). This is impossible though, becuase if it was a messed up stack issue, it would not be possible to ignore the DSI and continue the game. Any thoughts on this is very welcome!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil
Can't give you any real information about issue, but from all my past expirience i can say, that crashlogs offten just show some unreal mess, which make no sense.

The wrong stack-traces its very usuall for some hardcore crashes from time to time, but also even without stack trace, plain infromation about instructions (expectually 68k ones), sometime just wrong.

By that i mean, that maybe its all not as looks like (for me it was very offten), and maybe the better way will be try to re-implement the exact function of game where crash is happens and then with all the debug printfs try to found the roots ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

If that's correct then maybe disabling JIT for the game, should provide a better crash log's.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2011/12/5 17:38:21
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt
Indeed ! JIT for sure can add some mess to the crash-info, and better to disable it for testing purposes.

@alfkil
Check plz os4coding as well (db101 related)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

I have turned off JIT for crimsoncrisis and hope that I will get some better output.

@thread

About the not working keys: I have tried to run Napalm in UAE, and here too the amiga, alt and ctrl keys do not seem to do anything. In short, I need someone to go check on their old Classic AmigaOS 3 install and tell me how these keys are supposed to work...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Just remember the checksum of exe changes every time you recompile, so keep your JIT configuration up to date.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

Huh...?? Is the emulation on/off depend on the checksum and not the path of the executable...? That doesn't seem very practical to me...!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
So you move a file around and you need to change JIT setup???? It's not better

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil

I believe it uses the file length and checksum to be correct, there is config file somewhere maybe in L:
Maybe it uses standard one’s compliment checksum calculation.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil
Tested right now the very latest version of path (yesterday one from os4depot). Well, its all just works :) I have no single DSIs (i just install napalm from CD, then install 1.4 patch from amigafuture site, and then your patch). The things which i found:

1. banner-logo (clickboom one, at bottom of main screen) are speedy in the menu ONLY on startup. I.e. when you for example start a game, play a bit, then "esc", "qiut to main menu", then banner will moves smooth and fine.

2. When you loose your mission (for example just first one), then you have words "Restart Missino" ? And at bottom of that phrase there is some mess, which looks like previous was not deleted.

3. Choords of mouse pointer in the menu a bit wrong by Y choord. I think about 5-10 pixels at least. I.e. when you move pointer on LoadMission (first item in the ingame menu), it highlights only when point somethere in the middle of the item. And the same for all the others.

4. Keys up/down in the ingame menu not works (only mouse). (But maybe originally it also not works ?)

5. Os4 Patch have inside NAPALM_AmigaOS4_Installer and NapalmSetup, which both looks like "setup" programms for user. Dunno why, because you have icon only for necessary install tool, but still "napalmsetup" also showns with icon like you need to run it as well.

Should to add, that as i firstly try the latest and tested/bug-free version, its all looks really impressive. Just works as should , cool.

Have also some questions/suggestions:

1. If you will change "difficulty of game", plz, not change it hardcore to have it by default as it should, and just some options for those who find it "hard" :)

2. It is possible to open the game screen, on some sort of the screen which will be shown when user scroll main wb screen down ? Or its all because of all those chunky-rtg problems , because of which some 68k stuff can't be seen when wb screen is move down ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e Quote:
1. If you will change "difficulty of game", plz, not change it hardcore to have it by default as it should, and just some options for those who find it "hard" :)

It looks like the difficulty of Napalm is broken in the first place, e.g. on the second Human mission, the enemy forces arrive before you've had a chance to build any kind of base at all, so you quickly get destroyed. Surely it was not like this on an A1200 with 030 or 040? I think the timings of scripted events (enemys arriving) is probably broken on faaast CPUs.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

I just saw your comment on os4depot, but I will answer here so people can see it.

If you have the crimsoncrisis executable from the CD somewhere else than on the CD, you should be able to just select the path, that contains the executable when the insaller asks for the CD. If you only have a newer version, then write me an email, and I will supply you with the original version (provided, that you have actually bought the game back in the days, in which case it should be ok to provide you with the original .

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 »