Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 14 »
Re: Getting Napalm to run on AmigaOS 4.1.2?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Dwyloc and TiredOfLife

Can you maybe send me a crash report for that DSI?? I don't get these here on my system, so I might not be able to fix it.

@thread

Also note, that the patched version of Napalm does not need RTGMaster library at all. If it does, there is something wrong with my patch!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

alfkil wrote:
@Dwyloc and TiredOfLife

Can you maybe send me a crash report for that DSI?? I don't get these here on my system, so I might not be able to fix it.

I have e-mailed you the crash log, let me know if you need any more details and I will see what I can do.

Sam440ep 667mhz 512megs OS4.1 + Minimig, 4MB RAM, ARM add-on board
WinUae 2.3.2, OS 3.9, BB2, Catweasel MkIV
Amiga 1200, BlizzardPPC 060/200 with SCSI, mediatorSX, Voodoo3, pci lan
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Hmm, I'm getting serious hard lockups whilst playing this game. They are random though, the first time I could only play for a few minutes, the third attempt I got some way through the second mission (~10 mins according to the clock on screen at speed 7). Next time I load it up I'll get some serial debug going and hopefully will be able to obtain a crashlog. (actually I'll try removing Sam440EP_Setup just in case it is being caused by that)

I don't think qualifier keys are being checked, as I can't shift-click on units to multi-select them.

I'm also getting the ========= problem when saving, even though I have the updated version of the patch.

I'd forgotten how hard this game was. Good work!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
hi alfkill im getting some random lockup of my system now ive playe level 1 out and at the beginning of level 2 i get the lockups sometimes at ones but the next time i can play a while and the system freezes totaly no dsi just hangs.

grtz
klapdeur

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

Chris wrote:
Hmm, I'm getting serious hard lockups whilst playing this game. They are random though, the first time I could only play for a few minutes, the third attempt I got some way through the second mission (~10 mins according to the clock on screen at speed 7). Next time I load it up I'll get some serial debug going and hopefully will be able to obtain a crashlog. (actually I'll try removing Sam440EP_Setup just in case it is being caused by that)

I have had a few lockup playing as well and have aleady removed the sam440ep_setup util to see if that would help fix my usb drop out issues so I dont think that is the reason for my lockups.

Maybe finding and fixing the DSI error I get on some attempts to lunch the game will fix the lockup issue as well.

Quote:

I don't think qualifier keys are being checked, as I can't shift-click on units to multi-select them.

I'm also getting the ========= problem when saving, even though I have the updated version of the patch.

I'd forgotten how hard this game was. Good work!

Selecting and grouping units works fine here by dragging the selection box round a group of unit with the left mouse button then pressing a number key to create a group "1" for then using the matching function key "F1" to select the created group.

Its pressing alt to make units fire I am not sure about but having not played the game much on my A1200 setup I cant tell if keys presses are being lost of it its normal for the games AI to ignore some of my attempts to fire on selected enemy units.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@alfkil

Thanks for doing this. I bought this game way back when in anticipation of my shiney new boXer. We all know that never materialized. I was never able to get it to run on my 4000 so it has gathered dust for years, until now.

Talos BlackBird (awaiting a Miggy like OS)
Amiga 4000 OS3.9 / Pegasos II OS4.1 FE
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

This game ran really well on My A2000 / 060 with PicIV. Would be nice to see it run on OS4.x.

I looked and could not find if NemacIV runs, did I miss something?

Chris

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
In response to the people, who are experiencing lockups: I noticed this, and I can only say, that it didn't happen until recently. I think there are two possibilities: Either it is something with update 3 or it has something to do with me updating the sound driver. I will try and disable sound and see if that solves the problem.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Dwyloc

Thanks for the crash log. I have managed to track down the point in the code that has to do with the crash, but it is very mysterious. As far as I can see from the log, the crash happens right at the "RTS" instruction. This makes no sense, because if the problem is a stack issue, then it would not be possible to continue the execution.

I don't know how to proceed, any suggestions??

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@alfkil
For me DSI happens using the cdplayer.library (I dont always get the DSI with the version released since that) with the patch if I run DOPUS4 and extract the napalm patch to the ram disk.

But in general using other applications first and copying files to the ram disk tests to result in the error even if I delete the files from the ram disk and quit the applications before running napalm.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
For me there is no way to play it on my radeon.. it always open in PAL screen mode.. I checked SYS:DEVS/Monitors and there is no PAL driver but it still works.. any workaround?

The napalm setup utility doesn't start and in the prefs i see that on the screenmode there is the option "ASK" so, i guess, it should ask for the screen mode but nothing..

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nubechecorre

You will have to wait for me to change the code. The "ASK" option is for ye olde RTGMaster.library implementation, which is not used any more.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

nubechecorre wrote:
For me there is no way to play it on my radeon.. it always open in PAL screen mode.. I checked SYS:DEVS/Monitors and there is no PAL driver but it still works.. any workaround?

Have you tried modepro http://aminet.net/package/util/cdity/ModePro I used to use it a lot with my BVisionPPC card to get OS legal software to open on my Graphics card rather than an AGA screen mode?

I don't know how well it work on OS4 but its probably worth a go.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nubechecorre

Can you send me an email, I would like to give you an exe with some p96 code to choose screenmode, but I want to know if it works before releasing it.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@alfkil

Had these locks also.

Tryed the version without sound and it shines in the
moment that it runs without locks (i have a little trouble to stay alive
in level 2 ,so the playtime is not so long).

Cheers
Tears

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Tears

If you are right, then this is indeed good news because I might be able to fix it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
No lockups here either with the version without sound.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
It runs for me, but I get the following error message.

Audio.device: IO request size too small, refusing to open

I think I have made the necessary changes to the NAPALM.PREFS file

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@busytech

You need to change audio.directpaula in napalm.prefs to audio.ahi

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
PM sent thank you :)

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 14 »