Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 88

sailor, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: OWB 3.32
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
:djrikki Quote:
Yeah, but that workaround no longer works anymore once the bookmarks have become unstable.

I've never had bookmarks become "unstable" (whatever that means), although I haven't used v3.32 yet...

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@redfox

Difference between

TOOLTYPE

and

(TOOLTYPE)

= none, except the latter is not activated.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Update...

If I use my bookmark to get to Sherman's Lagoon (http://slagoon.com), the annimated fish going across the screen seems to lock up OWB. I cannot close the bookmark window or use another bookmark.

Setting the DISABLEGIFANIMS tooltype stops the fish, and allows me to use my bookmarks to go to other websites after Sherman's Lagoon.

Summary of tooltypes changes I have made so far,
Using a different homepage
BOOKMARKCOMMAND=OWBAddressBook/AddressBook -%s
DOWNLOADDIR=RAM:
DISABLEGIFANIMS
COOKIEDB=RAM:cookieCollection.db

On my system, launching of OWB 3.32 is slower than launching of OWB 3.31. Close bookmarks, close tab, close/quit OWB 3.32 work quite well now.

---
redfox

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Update...

For my previous post, I used copy and paste to copy my notes from NotePad to the message field for my post. Cut and paste and submit and logout worked ok.

Then I tried to use a bookmark to move on to another website and OWB 3.32 would not go there. After several attempts to close the bookmark window, I quit NotePad and OWB 3.32 finally moved on to another website.

Update 2...

After some further experimentation, I found out that this had nothing to do with NotePad or cut and paste. It was simply a delay moving to the other website. I just didn't wait long enough. If I had waited about a minute, OWB 3.32 would have gone to the other website on its own using the bookmark.

I have reduced most of my delays by rebuilding my bookmark file (and adding www where appropriate).

---
redfox

Edited by redfox on 2011/5/3 2:04:56
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
- snip -

I followed the same actions using NotePad and OWB 3.31 and it worked just as I expected. Cut and paste and submit worked fine and I used a bookmark to move to another website and back here. My NotePad window is still open.

---
redfox

Edited by redfox on 2011/5/3 2:07:21
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
That "delay" is easy to check on OS4Dpot.net.

Visit the site, wait for loading completion.
Open a new tab.
Visit another site through an AddressBook link or close the tab -> everything will freeze for some seconds, before it starts loading the new site resp. closing the tab.

Other than that i found nothing bad and am using this version daily.

Great work, Joerg

Thanks a lot

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
hmmm

well not sure why using view source would cause a crash? I use it quite a bit and well, I've never experienced a crash or grim ever...

some of you characters must have weird setups or looking at the wrong source :P

LOL

And YES, thanks for the update!!

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Update...

After some experimentation, I have two remaining issues with OWB 3.32
1) slow launch of OWB 3.32 every time I use it
2) random delays when using bookmarks to go to websites

Closing tabs and quitting OWB 3.32 work fine now.

Most of the time bookmarks work fine; however, sometimes there is a delay from when I select a bookmark to the webpage actually showing up in my OWB window. The delay can be anywhere from a few seconds to over a minute. Since these delays are completely random, I cannot pinpoint any particular website. Yesterday, it worked fine for several hours. Tonight I get some delays again.

I have enabled the bookmark command in tooltypes and reduced many delays by rebuilding my bookmark file (and adding www where appropriate).

MicroA1 with IBM 750 GX CPU, 256MB RAM, Radeon 7000, 32MB Video RAM
AmigaOS 4.1 Update 2 public version
compositing effects disabled
OWB 3.32

Note:
OWB 3.31 launches faster than OWB 3.32 on my system.
NO DELAYS with using bookmarks with OWB 3.31 on my system.

---
redfox

Edited by redfox on 2011/5/3 2:19:45
Edited by redfox on 2011/5/3 2:23:15
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@redfox
Could it be that your DNS server is slow in providing the IP address back to OWB? I wish OWB would provide more information about what its doing at any given time. With IBrowse I can tell if it's waiting for a DNS server response.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:

redfox wrote:
Update...

After some experimentation, I have two remaining issues with OWB 3.32
1) slow launch of OWB 3.32 every time I use it
2) random delays when using bookmarks to go to websites

Closing tabs and quitting OWB 3.32 work fine now.

when having delays in loding pages of in closing tabs just try to select some text in the current webpage. or just click into it. this lets owb go on.
maybe a request loop problem?
i mailed jörg about my finding. maybe we can see a patch later?

regards...
michael

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello again,

with latest OWB version (3.32) I'm experiencing some problems which did not arise before.

First of all, when shrinking the window to its smaller dimensions using the appropriate gadet or mouse and restoring/enlarging size again only the window itself is enlarged but not the content. The content stays in the old smaller area!

The second problem (even worse) is that OWB often freezes completely while entering text in large text areas (like within fora for example).

Does anybody have any idea on this?

Many thanks in advance and

Best Regards

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Reth

Quote:
First of all, when shrinking the window to its smaller dimensions using the appropriate gadet or mouse and restoring/enlarging size again only the window itself is enlarged but not the content. The content stays in the old smaller area!

Mmm did you use the SilverGreen Theme shipped with AmigaOS 4.1 ?
I notice the same bug but only using that theme

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quoting messages does not seem to work in Vbulletin 4.1.5 - you can only use the quick reply. 3.x was alright as I recall. The forum software has three different options for the form structure (or something) and I tried them all already.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)