Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 111

beworld, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 »
Amicygnix progs
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Got in a very good mood when cygnused told me on aw that the new xsane would support my canon usb flatscanner. And that he would go for that new version for amicygnix. That means i can use my amiga for one more thing and the pc for one less.

And i was wondering at the same time,is it possible to make native os4 versions of gimp and xsane?
If so, and if cygnused can and wants to, i'd be happy to give money for a bounty.

Gimp is super nice and stable on my sam. Really enjoying using it.

Go to top
Re: Amicygnix progs
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Got in a very good mood when cygnused told me on aw that the new xsane would support my canon usb flatscanner. And that he would go for that new version for amicygnix. That means i can use my amiga for one more thing and the pc for one less.

You will get mail today

Quote:

And i was wondering at the same time,is it possible to make native os4 versions of gimp and xsane?
If so, and if cygnused can and wants to, i'd be happy to give money for a bounty.

Gimp is super nice and stable on my sam. Really enjoying using it.

A native Gimp or XSane will never happen, sorry. Especially Gimp is not portable. Only if there would be a good port of GTK2 I see a chance, but not with Reaction or MUI.
Maybe someone likes to crate a frontend for the sane backend?

BTW: I also love to work with Gimp. I wish I could see, how fast it is on a X1000.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@cygnused

Quote:

A native Gimp or XSane will never happen, sorry. Especially Gimp is not portable. Only if there would be a good port of GTK2 I see a chance, but not with Reaction or MUI.
Maybe someone likes to crate a frontend for the sane backend?

Is this because of lack of features for mui/reaction or because it's to difficult?
Would it give an increase in speed for a native port?
How frontend? Like only a gui or more complex?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@CygnusEd
You working on new version of amicygnix ?:) Will be there any speedup in terms of all those gfx-drawing fucntions / window moves / etc ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ Antique

Porting Gimp to reaction / MUI would mean to create a complete new program. Please keep in mind, that GTK means "Gimp toolkit", Gimp totally depends on it. Only some algorythms and the ideas behind the Gimp features are "portable".
Of course you could create your own reaction / MUI classes, which could be similar to the GTK objects, but it is simply too much work (for one person).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ kas1e

No, no, only on some new programs for AmiCygnix.
Didn't have success in increasing speed of AmiCygnix so far.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information

Are you working in a nw version of XSane ?

I'm interested in use some USB scanner too.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Can the current AmiCygnix SDK be used to port WxWidgets programs? If not, is an update to SDK in the works to allow more libraries than GTK/Athena? I'd like to do some WxWidgets stuff but seems the native OS4 WxWidgets bounty is stagnant for now. :/

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ RIBDEVIL

Yes, I'm working on a new scanner software. But XSane will be published for the first time. The package "sane-frontends" did only include the program "xscanimage".

Interested in testing XSane? Which scanner do you own?

@billt
Quote:
Can the current AmiCygnix SDK be used to port WxWidgets programs?

Yes, it can. I already have a port of wxWidgets 2.6.3, which uses GTK 2.6.9 (included in the SDK). But it still has some bugs.
I'm not working on it at the moment. Currently I have GTK 2.10.4, so wxWidgets 2.8 shouldn't be no problem.
I can make an archive with my current port of wxWidgets if you like.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:
I can make an archive with my current port of wxWidgets if you like.

AFAIK first QT release was developed under Cygnix, so yes it might be usefull if someone wants to take a look of it in prevision to build a real native port, some work was already done under the bounty by Alex Balaban

http://www.amigabounty.net/index.php? ... =viewproject&projectid=30

So please release it

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
Is there a shell on amicygnix? where and how?

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@antique

Found it out after using my brain.

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ samo79

I think it makes sense to switch to wxWidgets 2.8 / GTK 2.10 instead of publishing my current port. And then I could create a new SDK with my latest libs.
But I have my doubts, that there is much interest in it.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information

My Scanner is a CanoScan LiDE 100.

And i very interested in control it with the Amiga, so I put out of my desk the PC.

I have email, Web, the USB HP 7450, and others in the SAM, so if I can put the scanner, bye bye PC.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
I think it makes sense to switch to wxWidgets 2.8 / GTK 2.10 instead of publishing my current port. And then I could create a new SDK with my latest libs.
But I have my doubts, that there is much interest in it.

Well, I'm interested in WxWidgets part of all that.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
cygnused:
maybe you could help out with the native vxwidgets port/bounty instead/also? =)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@spot
He has more important things to do first.

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ billt

any special software you like to compile?

@ spotUP

I'm afraid, that my work on wxWidgets will not help to build a native port. And I'm working on too much other projects, so I also have no time for that.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
any special software you like to compile?

I think it'd be fun to port KiCad. I'd asked once upon a time which particular parts of WxWidgets they used, I'll try to find their response to that. I think the initial os4-native bounty for WxWidgets would not cover all requriements, but maybe you've got an easier path to a fuller implementation of Wx for us.

Also, the Audio Evolution author some time ago said he'd port to Amiga if we get WxWidgets. Code::Blocks and Audacity have been brought up by others in the past as well. But I myself am interested in KiCad and some own ideas.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@all
XSane is just a scanner frontend without any drivers... it relays on so called Sane backends (sort of scanner drivers).

@RIBDEVIL
As I own an Xerox Phaser 6180 MFP, I searched for a backend to that one, but it is not supported on Linux/SANE yet. I put myself on the SANE mailinglist, and If I recall correctly the CanoScan LiDE 100 comes up in quiete a few mails. This means there is somebody working on a backend but it is not running yet, and causes trouble... Only if there is a working backend, Edgar might be able to port it, in order to work with AmiCygnix/XSane.
If you are interested, I could recheck the mails and forward them to you...

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 »