Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 98

kishigo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 11 »
Re: Initial steps with AmiFig 3.0 on aos4, version #2
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Just tried out the version from os4depot and all i can say is... looks awesome. Really cool gfx set. Ok its probably not a program for me but as said looks cool. Maybe its good for making logos too. I dont know what each button does but would be nice with bubbles or some box where it says what each button is when having mouse over it. Or maybe i just dont know where to look for.

Great work

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Kicko

Yep, i think you are right. And will be cool if will be added "buuble help" when user move cursor on the buttons. Its of course not so big deal, but will be better imho.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Yes I agree 100% with kicko, bubblehelp should be really helpful !

Aniway, I need the latest version to try if my catalog are correct, is it possible a new fresh compile for OS4 ?

Eventually you can use this updated catalog as the one in CVS is already outdate ...

http://www.qimmagine.it/owb/AmiFIG_ITA_Rev138.lha.rar

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Yes, i write for you message at the page2 (last one) with the link on the rev141 archive. Here is that archive. I basically does not worring much about all that locale stuff (preffered english), so, you should yoursef keep all of this up2date and check everything :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Ops I didn't see that post

Ok i'm going to try, thanks

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Well catalog are detected but there are big problems.
The strings are placed in a casual order and doesn't respect any elements so it's totally unusable at this stage

Tell the author to check the catalog descriptor and adapt it only to to the name of the "msg_XXXX" strings instead of they real order in cd file (maybe this is the cause of our problem)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Quote:

Tell the author to check

Done, will wait hes answer/fixes.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

sorry for this extra work ...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Yannick added fixed AmiFIG.catalog and italiano.ct, try it:

AmiFig.catalog
italiano.ct

As he say, it's working without any issue under AROS, so, test it to be sure.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Already tried (I received his mail a few minutes ago) but the problem are not resolved yet, strings are used in casual order ... completely !

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

And will be cool if will be added "buuble help" when user move cursor on the buttons.

Bubble help would be dead easy if the window was a ReAction window.class object but I suppose it's not. There's a possibility to add some conditional code and if the program runs on OS4, use ReAction to open the window(s) instead of Intuition.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@trixie

Doesnt need to be bubble, it can be somewhere in the gui that the text can be shown when mouse over a tool.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Kicko

AFAIK a little text with the name of the tool is shown in the title bar of the main work window - some kind of poor man's bubble help. It's better than nothing...

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@cha05e90
Quote:

AFAIK a little text with the name of the tool is shown in the title bar of the main work window - some kind of poor man's bubble help. It's better than nothing...

The original OS3 release on Aminet and the AmiFIG sourceforge repository contain a German AmigaGuide. It would extremely helpful if somebody could translate that guide to English. It might be a good starting point for adding some sort of bubble help.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@cha05e90

Didnt see funktion name in titlebar first time i tried it and i have searched. I must have been blind that time :) Now at least i can see what its funktion is. I have to press on every button, would be nice with live update mouse over. But its really no problem. Thanks.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Finally gave it a try. It has its own ways to do things but otherwise looks really good, especially as there's the possibility to export drawings in various formats, through fig2dev. If the font engine gets improved it will become a pretty useful app.

There are a few minor annoyances, like for example, if you want to move an object using the MOVE tool, the object "jumps" to the upper left corner first, which is very inconvenient (you lose the original object position so finetuning object placement is almost impossible).

Also, some reserved keyboard shortcuts (see Amiga User Interface Style Guide, chapter 10) are used for proprietary functions, namely:
RAmiga-C opens the Color Window (should be reserved for copy operations)
RAmiga-Z opens the Zoom Window (should be used for Undo)

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Just did a quick try on Version 4.0 31.8.2010....

Looks great, seems to be exactly what I need.. perfect, thankyou.
When selecting export/via fig2dev, I get a message

Workbench: Unknown command

Is this, because fig2dev is not implemented yet ? (But I think it was written somewhere, that it already is... ??). However I'll give some more reports later

greetings gerograph

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Italian translation done

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@gerograph
I checked it out with Snoopy. It looks like AmiFig thinks it is creating a directory in T: (ram:t) and saving a temporary script there. The directory is actually being created in RAM: and DOS is failing to execute the script. In addition, the created directory can't be deleted because the program doesn't release the DOS lock on it. It looks like some adjustments are needed.

In addition, export as PNG doesn't work either. Snoopy shows the datatypes.library being opened but that's all. Nothing is saved. It also seems that the "Print" submenu does nothing. I did a rough translation of the German.guide and according to that a print setting window should open.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kasle
I checked out the AmiFIG code from the Sourceforge repository to see if I could track down some of the problems I mentioned in my previous message. Are your most recent changes for the OS4 version committed to the AmiFIG SVN repository? I've done a translation of the AmiFIG German amigaguide with Google translate and repaired all the amigaguide nodes, links etc. that were broken by the automated translation. I need to adjust some of the literal translations of idiomatic expressions and change the license and copyrights. If I can make a reasonable English equivalent of the German.guide I can either send it to you or try to submit it at the SourceForge repository.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 11 »