Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 114

LiveForIt, sailor, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

new alpha
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
hi.

any news about a new alpha of timberwolf? any progress made?
a little status would be really appreciated.

thanks and
regards...

Go to top
Re: new alpha
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MichaelMerkel

A new alpha will still take some time. We are currently updating the source code to the Firefox 4.0 beta 1 code. The jump in the major version number means a lot of adaption work going on, since a lot of the internal structure has changed, subsystems have been completely replaced by others etc.

Add to that that we're both busy with the x1000 development, so we don't have a lot of spare time to do Timberwolf. Progress will be slow for a while.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tfrieden

Hi, just a question

Is there any specific reason to go directly into the 4.0 branch instead to choose the more stable 3.6.x ?

The actual 3.6.x is really stable and tested, perhaps it need less time to update over Shiretoko

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

Well the reason is that once Timberwolf comes out, we would want the latest version of it. Updating the source code now to 3.6 and later to 4.0 is a waste of time, so we opted to go for 4.0 directly as the better alternative.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I was going to guess something along those lines; if 4 beta's code is already ported, it will be easier to integrate the changes to 4 when it is released as a stable version.

Thanks Hyperion for porting this program!

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
and however 3.6 is not so stable.... and on windows it eats TONS of memory..

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup

it's subjective, here 3.6.8 is stable as a stone (on Mac or on Windows)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rogue

Quote:

Rogue wrote:
@samo79

Well the reason is that once Timberwolf comes out, we would want the latest version of it. Updating the source code now to 3.6 and later to 4.0 is a waste of time, so we opted to go for 4.0 directly as the better alternative.

Makes good sense given time needed, look forward to it.

Random, but had an encouter with live Timberwolfs the other day at the safari park, didn't realise it was an actual species .

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@tfrieden

many thanks for the update!
looking forward to see it running here

have also the drawing glitches be fixed in the meantime?
(double/triple(?) refresh, top of some pages not rendered correctly, ...)

thanks and
regards...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MichaelMerkel

No, the code is still the same, but compilation hasn't actually reached that stage yet. The Javascript engine has seen some heavy modifications, including a new memory handling that might be a bit problematic.

The 'gfx' part also has changed, and will need extra work.

All in all, we're still looking at several weeks worth of work until the version 4 is up and running.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@graffias79

I'd like to point out this is not a Hyperion project. It's just Thom and me doing this.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rogue

Mmmmm. Nice. Was hoping for this when i noticed that the 4.0 was released. Keep up the good work.

Quote:

Rogue wrote:
@samo79

X5000
Go to top

Register To Post