Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
130 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 128

davec555, TheMagicSN, more...

Headlines

Register To PostTopic is Locked  

(1) 2 3 »
html5 and youtube on OWB OS4?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
is it possible in the future, Joerg?

Go to top
Re: html5 and youtube on OWB OS4?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@jahc
It would certainly be nice.

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Troels

Yep nice but personally I don't believe anymore

@jahc

BTW in the event of a port should you like to working together with others in order to port the MUI version ?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@jahc

Yea, porting the MOS version would not be a bad idea. It has loads more functionality: Download manager, MIME types, youtube player plugin, flash etc. etc.

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@ALL

start to download MOS source code and install a cross compiler...

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup

Way cool !! Did you have latest sources from FAb ? (that one on his site imho a bit old). I ask him about some help (to explaint how it all should be done), and there is his answers:

1. Just declare yourself as platform morphos in the relevant config file then (platform.h or whatever it was) then. Will save you quite some tedious editing stuff (there are dozens if not hundreds of files with #if OS(MORPHOS)).

2. There aren't that many MUI4 calls. MUI4 specific methods/classes are mostly used for the new tab object (new tab object is handled as a normal group object, which allows me to display animation, favicons, ...), font initialisation uses a specific process.mui object (but can easily be replaced with a standard thread), lists/listtree construction (easily replaced with the old construct/destruct/display hooks), alpha aware dtpic object, and a couple things here and there.

But there are not only MUI4 calls, but also MorphOS specific calls for threading support, and a few other things i can't think about now.

Maybe it helps.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e

no. i haven't the source code. but fab told you all..
try to compile it.. and prepare a barrell of coffee...

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup

I have no linux box at moment , and more of it i have no skills with MUI coding at all. Maybe after i will fix LunaPaint (which is MUI based) , then i will know more about, but for now, it will be no make sense even to try to compile it ..

I also ask fab about "maybe better to rip-off download manager code and put to os4 version of owb", but , i forget that aos4 version are reaction based, and dunno can we mix reaction and mui in one program.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup

Really, you have a good experience with cross compiling, if possible please give an hand to kas1e or another motivated coder

@kas1e

Quote:
and dunno can we mix reaction and mui in one program.

Well mixing Reaction with MUI would be terrible IMHO, also it seems that Joerg doesn't like download managers or similar so how could you integrate one on it ?

Seriuosly if one decide to port somethings from Fab it is logic to port the complete package

.. well IMHO as always ..

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup

If it only was that easy,then i would have added a dl manager ages ago.
The problem is setting up the compiler on the pc. A real pain in the ass. And getting the whole owb compiling and starting. Haven't looked at the code,but adding the dl manager would seem as the least problem.

Quote:

afxgroup wrote:
@ALL

start to download MOS source code and install a cross compiler...

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
If only there was an adequate, skilled and motivated coder, morphos's version of OWB already should be on aos4 :) I just can't understand, how joerg can say in clear mind, that download manager its not important for browser today. For me its something far from adequate (but that is only imho of course, everyone do what want to do, and better have that OWB which we have now, if compared with not having it at all). Also while i read all that answer about "NPAPI, there but i not enable it, because balblabal", also point in mind that there will be some problems related to it too ..

So, for me, morphos version of OWB on aos4 will be better not only because of current differences (which already huge), but also because Fab are pretty good man , without star fever and it always easy to communicate and talk with him.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e
Taken from the owb 3.29 thread.

Quote:

I've implemented the AmigaOS 4.x parts of the plugin support in OWB, there are just no AmigaOS 4.x NPAPI plugins yet.

NPAPI is enabled and ready for use it seems like.

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Antique

Quote:

NPAPI is enabled and ready for use it seems like.

Still, we all imho want the same OWB on aos4 as MOS users have. I used it yesterday on my mos2.5, and it's really mature enough already. AOS4 one looks in compare are "empty".

Who will do the work ?:)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Afxgroup can make the gnash plugin. Not sure about the dl manager. With those 2 things it would be alot better. Not sure about the html5. But that could be taken from the mos version???

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
If only there was an adequate, skilled and motivated coder, morphos's version of OWB already should be on aos4 :)

Yes, moreever if there were less red fanatics againts anythings MUI related ...

Quote:
just can't understand, how joerg can say in clear mind, that download manager its not important for browser today.

Never mind, also you can't save a page decently, you can't open even a simple popup window, you can't manage a bookmark, you can't show an history, you can't do pratically anythings on OWB Reaction ...

Quote:
but also because Fab are pretty good man , without star fever and it always easy to communicate and talk with him.

Yes I have to agree ...

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Antique

i can do nothing since i cannot compile OWB anymore and so i cannot test the plugin for example.

OS4 sources version lacks the CMake AmigaOS4 that one day was there..
MOS sources maybe could be simply to compile (as Fab said) if you use MorphOS as platform but of course needs a lot of time to change the os4 part and for bugfixing and i have no time at all.

It is possible that there is no one that want to try to compile it?

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup

Why has this file been removed??

Quote:

afxgroup wrote:
@Antique

i can do nothing since i cannot compile OWB anymore and so i cannot test the plugin for example.

OS4 sources version lacks the CMake AmigaOS4 that one day was there..

X5000
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Antique

because OWB has changed revision. And while i was using CMake with cross compiler, Joerg has always produced the and used the standard Makefiles and has compiled OWB on OS4 and so he has never patched CMakeLists.txt to add OS4 platofrms to it

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
*coughs*

Afternoon all!

I am sure OWB is great and everything, but lets not lose sight of Timberwolf being around the corner. I am fairly sure the author of OWB must be thinking 'is it really worth me developing OWB any further with the world's most popular browser arriving shortly on the Amiga platform?'

Sure alternative software is great on any platform, but I am sure FireFox is well beyond anything previous released.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@djrikki

TimberWolf in current release absolutly unsuable, and even OS4 version of OWB are better than TW, in terms of speed, stability and alt. When TW will be stable, and without such very visibly bugs (like wrong rendering of menus at all), then, we can be happy, but not now.

@AfxGroup
Quote:

It is possible that there is no one that want to try to compile it?

For me everything points on MUI knowlege. I know nothing about. But still, maybe will be better to try to compile, and post all the problems to forum, and step by step it can be done..

Did you have your linux+crosscompiler setup native, or over vmware/etc ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To PostTopic is Locked
(1) 2 3 »