Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 107

trixie, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 ... 33 »
New Games possible?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I saw someone did a port for the Gish game into aos4.0. I just read on Slashdot that they have released their last four projects as open source. The newest is a game called Aquaria, and it looks real neat.

I bet someone is working on a frontend currently, would be a neat addition:

"Aquaria has gone open source under the GPL! Now all four of the games that pledged to open in the Humble Indie Bundle are officially open source -- the others are Lugaru, Gish, and Penumbra Overture."

Getting the source:
You can grab the source from the Mercurial repository here:

http://hg.icculus.org/icculus/aquaria/

Everything you need to know about Mercurial can be learned from Joel Spolsky's tutorial at http://hginit.com/ ... it's a fast read, and funny, too.

While many Mercurial and git clones will likely pop up, this repository will be updated with good patches, changes, fixes, and improvements from the community.

Getting the game data:
The game data is not shipping with the source code. Please buy a copy of the game (your copy from the Humble Indie Bundle will work just fine).

Now, all those demos are pretty nice graphics and Overture is a nice physics engine, what are the possibilities we'll see ports of these before the x1000 comes out.

Go to top
Re: New Games possible?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Arcane5150

I will try to have a look at it today/tommorow. But will be cool if you can give the full link on archive with source (by your link i found www three, and cant found just full archive for downloading).

ps. Also i see that Lugaru start to be opensource. Will try to check this out too.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

How did it go?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Joeled

Yesterday i download from Mercurial site, their source code (its tools kind of svn/cvs for downloading source code at one push), but sadly to say, that tool are fully Python based. It builds, i manually copy necessary stuff to the system:python/libs and system:python/scripts, and when i run it like:

$ hg clone url/game

It connect, start to downloads, and after that give me the requester, which say:

ELF.Library , missing ntonl reference.

I tyring to define ntonl in the sources , then build, and then the same error. After error it say "sorry, your process will be suspendet".

So, if someone konw how to fix that, will be good.

Edited by kas1e on 2010/6/6 10:01:38
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

If it's just to download stuff, a Mac/Windows can do it.
If you don't have one, I'll do it for you.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

I have the source archived if you want it.. but it seems pretty hard to build. I used "CMake" on Linux to generate a makefile.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

kas1e wrote:
@Arcane5150

I will try to have a look at it today/tommorow. But will be cool if you can give the full link on archive with source (by your link i found www three, and cant found just full archive for downloading).

I just read it on Slashdot.

http://games.slashdot.org/story/10/06 ... oes-Open-Source?art_pos=5

That has a few links for different sites, not sure which one you want.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Arcane5150

Wow, this game is pure magic, if someone ported it could be the greatest game available for Amiga. Maybe someone competent and representative could contact them about the Amiga version - admin@bit-blot.com ?

Dusty A500
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@SIID

do you really want it?

@kas1e

did you work on something? otherwise i can try to compile it. But avoid to waste time..

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Arcane5150

"Penumbra: Overture" is a pretty nice game and so are it's sequels too ("Black Plague" and "Requiem") although "Requiem" was somewhat disappointing story wise when compared to the first two. I got all three Penumbra games for just under 5 euro when they had some kind of promotion a while back and have already placed a pre-order for their next game ("Amnesia: The Dark Descent") which looks like it will be interesting too.

In case anyone is interested in porting it:
Penumbra: Overture source code

I'd try to port it myself if I wasn't having problems with my SAM440EP.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@afxgroup

Yes please port it!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup
Yes, try it plz (i right now trying to fix some nastly bug with Gish, which imho related to minigl).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup

Yes please try it, this game looks awesome !

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@afxgroup

If I had X1000 I'd really want it. And I think sooner or later I'll buy the computer and having such a great game would be beautiful since this game has a typical Amiga feeling.

Dusty A500
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
well, i've ported it. Or better.. i have an exe. But the data files in the open source version point to a data/ folder while in the demo version available on web site the game has a data.000 file.
So.. in which way i can try it?

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup

I think better make a first try with the demo version avail on the web page, then, if everything will be ok, make version for the full game (i can help with tests, provides the links on archives and alt).

But if there any problems, then of course better just make one exe which works with the full game. We all know where we got the close-data games :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e

found the solution... stay tuned..

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup
Cool ! Pretty interesting to try this out :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
Would be nice to have a gamepack ready on os4dpot when x1000 arrives Please port more good games! I really appreciate it!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I would like to recommend porting DROD. It's one of the best turn-based logical games. Similiar to Gish and Aquaria, this one too is a comercial title with a free sources...

There's also DROD RPG also availbe for porting...

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 ... 33 »