Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Trying to make an OS3.5 system on E-UAE
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi Amigans!

I want to create an Amiga 1200 with OS3.1/3.5 installed with E-UAE and GUI.I readed some parts of the documentation as the make_hdf doc and then I have created a new partition named WORK of 4 GB.My intention is to emulate an Amiga 1200 that can run almost all the software such as utilities and specially games.And I want to create variious partitions for this purpose at least 2 more.

I don't know very well how to configure the GUI of E-UAE so I am going to ask some questions.

How can I use new Hardfiles or HardDisk paths on E-UAE?

How can I setup a CD-Rom?

What settings do you recommend me to run an Amiga 1200 on E-UAE as fast as possible?

Can I use an X-Arcade joystick? How can I use my USB joypad?

What about AmigaSYS4Plus?

I want to install my fauvorite ECS and AGA games inside E-UAE.

Any help will be really appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Re: Trying to make an OS3.5 system on E-UAE
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1 Quote:
hat settings do you recommend me to run an Amiga 1200 on E-UAE as fast as possible?

Use a basic OS3.1 set-up, avoid install a full-blown OS3.5/3.9 system like AmigaSYS4Plus...

Well, I think it makes more sense to use OS4's native Workbench, and then let RunInUAE redirect 68k games/programs into E-UAE running a basic OS3.1 set-up.

Also, even if you don't want to use RunInUAE, it comes with highly optimised .uaerc config files that you can use.

Quote:
How can I use new Hardfiles or HardDisk paths on E-UAE?

Don't bother with hardfiles, use virtual partitions. RunInUAE automatically mounts the OS4 partitions that a 68k program is on...

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

How can I mount a CD-Rom drive on E-UAE/RunInUAE?

I want it to run some CD games.

And how to use a USB joypad correctly?

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1 Quote:

I've never tried, but if the game has a program/script on the CD, then double-clicking on that will cause RunInUAE to add the CD as a virtual partition inside E-UAE. That *should* work...

BTW, are we talking Amiga games supplied on CD, or CDTV/CD32 games? I assumed the former.

Quote:

RunInUAE's manual explains how to set everything up :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
@MamePPCA1 Quote:

I've never tried, but if the game has a program/script on the CD, then double-clicking on that will cause RunInUAE to add the CD as a virtual partition inside E-UAE. That *should* work...

BTW, are we talking Amiga games supplied on CD, or CDTV/CD32 games? I assumed the former.

Yes they are Amiga CD games but maybe I will try some CD32 games too.The game I have tried it has an install script but no program/script and if I try to load it it doesn't load inside RunInUAE but I have the game installed and it request the CD-Rom inside Workbench 3.1.

Quote:

RunInUAE's manual explains how to set everything up :)

I have setted my joypad with AmigaInput and some controls works on E-UAE but in general the joypad doesn't work or at least I can't play the games at all.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1
Sadly I am not psychic, so I need a bit more than "some controls works on E-UAE but in general the joypad doesn't work" to have a guess why you are having problems. Which controls work? What do you mean "in general"? Does your joypad work for any OS4 games? If you use the "Test/Calibrate" function of AmigaInput, does it react to the joypad? Is your joypad analogue or digital? What make/model is your joypad? etc

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

My joypad works on some OS4 games yes.It's a Maverick Playstation style of joypad.It works with FPSE perfectly an with GnGeo on soem games perfect and on others not perfect at all.I think the only control that works on E-UAE is the triangle button but maybe some others responds too.
Yes my joypad reacts to Test/Calibrate in AmigaInput and about if it is analog or digital I am not sure,I suppose is analog.

And about the CD-Rom problem on E-UAE or RunInUAE I solved dragging the icon of the game Land of Genesis inside RunInUAE icon and the game loads having some stuttering on the intro but I can't play as the joypad seems to work better than on other E-UAE games but when I select the option New Game and try to load the game it stops on a black screen..Have to test it later more.

Hope this info will be useful for you.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1 Quote:
I think the only control that works on E-UAE is the triangle button but maybe some others responds too.

Not sure what a "triangle button" is - the fire button?

Do the direction controls work?

To me it sounds like the Button and/or Directional remapping may not have been set-up correctly on the Lowlevel tab of AmigaInput prefs. (Also, I'm not sure without checking, but it may be that the Red button is the fire button which E-UAE will recognise.)

Regarding Land Of Genesis, do you know what the minimum requirements are? e.g. unexpanded A1200?

Go to top

Register To Post