Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
87 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 87

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Problem with AmigaOS4.1U1 after installation (maybe) in context with UBoot1.3.1a [SOLVED]
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello Amiga Fans,

I have a problem after installation of AmigaOS 4.1 U1:
I have a SAM440 Mobo.

The first thing I did was to update UBoot to version 1.3.1a - no problems with that.
For the first time (just for testing) I installed AmigaOS4.1 U1 right over the old AmigaOS 4.1 installation on the same partition (DH0) - without changing anything to the partition.

Everything worked fine and I was able to boot the new OS4.1 U1 installation.
But I wantred to install it again on a fresh and clean partition so that theres nothing left over from the previous installation.

I used HD ToolBox right after Booting the AmigaOS 4.1 U1 cd.
I reinstalled RDB and SLB for AmigaOS.

I removed the DH0 partition an created a new one with SFS/00 filesystem.
I set the blocksize to 512 (according to the manual) seleceted the 'Bootable' flag
in addition anf formated the new parttion (completely - no quick format option)

Then I installed the OS . No problems so far

But if I try now to boot the OS the following happens every time I try:

First Uboot always jumps into the Preferences menu - even I saved the configuration with the boot order of the devices (first SII-4-4 SATA HD - second SII-4 SATADVD)
That happened also with the first Installation over the old AmigaOS4.1 installation. I always had to press ESCAPE until I saw the menue "Save settings and exit"

Why does UBoot 1.3.1a not remember these settings?
The SAM440 always jumps into the prefernces menu after booting.
As I m Flex Board)
A I mentioned above that happens since updating to UBoot 1.3.1a (and I chose the right version for SAM440 - not for the FLEX board)

But at least the OS booted.
Now since I recreated the DH0 partion it seems that UBoot does not write the configuration to the disk and so the second stage bootloader complains that no configuration file is found on any supported device or partition.

And in Uboot 1.3.1a there are only three entries in the menu. In the previous version there was a point to select a configuration.

Is this obsolete in 1.3.1a?
And how can I create a config file? I always say: Save configuration and exit.
No success

Can anynone of you give me a hand on this prob?

Thanx in advance for your time!!!!

Greets
Andi

Edited by fastbit66 on 2010/1/17 18:33:59
Go to top
Re: Problem with AmigaOS4.1U1 after installation (maybe) in context with UBoot1.3.1a
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@fastbit66

Quote:
seleceted the 'Bootable' flag

Did you also select Auto mount/Mount on boot/Whatever it's in English next to that bootable flag (in Media Toolbox) ?

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Re: Problem with AmigaOS4.1U1 after installation (maybe) in context with UBoot1.3.1a
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@TSK

I could solve the issue

The first thing that UBOOT always jumps into the preferences menu could be solved by setting the environment variable bootcmd to 'boota'
By default there was 'menu' set.

The second was that I had to format the partition from the launched WB
Formatting by using the mediatoollbox from the installer didn't work.

So I formatted the parttion DH0 (which was shown as unformatted on the WB) and then I called the installer again.

Now everything is fine

Thanx a lot !

Andi

Go to top

Register To Post