Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: Hyperion Games and OS4 Final?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Raziel

A1 800Mhz G4 XE
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Jacken

Yup, i?m out of ideas, i don?t have Heretic II myself, hence can?t do a test, sorry

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Raziel

No problems.. :) It's time for some beers now, but thanks anyway...

A1 800Mhz G4 XE
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Jacken

Can you try the demo of the game?

maybe that works if so....i might have some ideas.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Jacken

I've had reports that if you use lowlevel.library you must install AmigaInput from Update4 else it will crash.

Might be worth a try.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Laser

Humm...I feel stupid.. :(
The "problem" is solved...

Thought I had done that with amigainput...

Thanks... :)

A1 800Mhz G4 XE
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Laser

nice one, now if i only could make some sense to why its dooing that.

I'll add it to BZ.

cheers

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Laser

Dammit, I knew this would bite back at one point.

I am really sorry about the lack of AmigaInput on the final ISO, but it was nowhere in a releasable state. We're going to try to take care of this for the final CD production, plus we will probably also add a version of the ISO with contributed software, we'll include AmigaInput on that one if it is finalized by then.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ToAks

I don't really know if outsourcing is an option.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ToAks

My monitor res is 1280x1024 but there doesn't appear to be that res in the list on Heretic 2, it goes from 1280x960 (Which gives a flickering bar at the top of the screen) then 1600x1200 which runs off the screen.

Do you know if there's a way to define 1280x1024 for Heretic 2?

FuZion.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rogue

No problem...I ain't biting you.. :)

A1 800Mhz G4 XE
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rogue

I'm just reporting second-hand info. Several people found the previous release of AmigaInput to be plenty good enough. It also seems to cure this problem.

Quote:
I am really sorry about the lack of AmigaInput on the final ISO, but it was nowhere in a releasable state.

I'm thinking most people are just happy to have OS4 Final at all!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@FuZion

pretty sure it wont work in the other modes but im not sure.

Anyway i dont see a point in playing it at any higher than 1024x768 , but thats me i guess

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Jacken

Forget about snoopdos for a while, it's not really OS4 happy, grab Snoopy and use that instead.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ikir

Quote:
Shogo, after installing powerpc.library from upd4 starts and seems to work in software mode. MiniGL crash.

I'm surprised you got something working at all, the old powerpc.library versions which were included in Update3 and Update4 do not work on AmigaOS4 final. Even if you don't get immediate crashes for some reason you'll get a very unstable system if you install them and run WarpOS software.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rogue

Quote:

Dammit, I knew this would bite back at one point.

I am really sorry about the lack of AmigaInput on the final ISO, but it was nowhere in a releasable state. We're going to try to take care of this for the final CD production, plus we will probably also add a version of the ISO with contributed software, we'll include AmigaInput on that one if it is finalized by then.

I hope I speak for everyone (except for the usual suspects of course) when I say I am happy we have anything. Before this release I was not expecting anything until new hardware so this was a welcome surprise even with a couple of minor oversights. Thanks.

Some loose ends are being recognized. Look at this as a beta release for the final CD pressing/burning.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Laser

I am actually a bit surprised that the old version still works. We had some interim versions but had all sorts of issues with it, especially when you have (like me) a multitude of controllers attached (I have a X52 FCS, A Saitek R440 racing wheel and a Saitek P750 gamepad connected) and for some reason the order of these devices changed; then you would loose prefs settings. On top of that, the location of the prefs files changed which reflects in the drivers but not the prefs program.

Unfortunately one of the programmers had to bail out and the other suffered a hardware breakdown, so things have been dragging on.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@goody

There will always be loose ends, an OS which is in development will never be bugfree, if it was then i think we would have to rethink some strategies

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rogue

I had a few problems with Amiga Input and USB under pre-release 4.

Sometimes the USB would drop out during a game, Bubble Heroes would switch back to workbench with a USB related error message and in Wipeout 2097 the joypad would stop working. I have too identical joypads, and found that Amiga Input couldn't seem to handle them both together. I have not been able to test it with OS4 final, due to a hardware failure at the beginning of december.

I do wonder if some of the problems may be due to the A1 hardware. I guess you should find out soon enough.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ikir

on my uA1 512MB quake3 not work after update final, when i launch it from workbench or shell i not see anything, why ??

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »